F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-type phone holder

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jk7
I have just read your great feedback. I hear you!
Hi Jonathan, I actually owe you an email with some further feedback. I've been killed with work lately, and no time to spend on the car. I'll follow up with you in email.

I'm glad to hear about the ball pivot; I actually picked up a cheap MPOW bracket with a ball pivot and the same cradle receiver with an eye towards modding your pedestal.

Just out of curiosity, do you mind sharing with us what material (media) you're printing with?

Last edited by kurtomatic; 04-11-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered two, one bracket was broken on arrival, another broke while mounting.

Pretty expensive phone holder, expected better quality.

And of course, still waiting for Knightspeed to either refund my payment or send new brackets. It's been more than a year now and not very hopeful this will be rectified.

I sent you an email, but no response!

Old 05-21-2019, 02:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I would not recommend the Knightspeed FT450G

I purchased the Knightspeed FT450G. In US dollars it cost about $250. https://www.knightspeed.co.uk/shop/j...harger-ft450g/

Upon closer inspection, it turns this is a 3D printed bracket and the same phone charger you can buy on Amazon for $12.99 (cheaper from Alibaba).

Amazon Amazon

The seller even uses same identical box it comes in from, tears off the label and adds his own. I really expected a better quality product for the money. It also took over a month to arrive with very poor communication. I had to chase up about 4 times and at one point the order was lost.

When it arrived, the phone charger was broken and the seller asked me to mail the charger back, no offer off a free return. In fact the postage would have cost more than $12.99!

I would not recommend this product.

The following 2 users liked this post by epodigy:
schuss (12-21-2020), WJV (04-23-2020)
Old 07-10-2019, 04:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just though I'd bump up an old thread, in the hope that somebody else could shed some light on what may be going on at KnightSpeed. I ordered a Jaguar F-Type Auto Hold Wireless Phone Charger (FT450G) + Quick Charge System at a cost of £185, three weeks ago, and received an immediate order acknowldgement. Then nothing..... no shipping details, no responses to 3 different e-mail addresses I have found - and most worryingly, calling the number associated with the company as listed on PayPal, I find an automated response saying that this number is now no longer in service. I've raised a contact seller through PayPal as well - still waiting.

The website states that the item is 'in stock', but also says "please allow up to 7 days for UK orders - trust us it's worth the wait!! Well 3 weeks have now passed, and I'm thoroughly unimpressed with the situation. Does anybody else have any other ideas, or is having similar issues? I can see this going to PayPal dispute resolution! Thanks in advance.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:23 AM

jk@knightspeed.co.uk is the only email address I have. The guys name is Jonathan Knight. +(0)7779 676 666

I had a similar experience and had to continually chase to get the product shipped in addition to everything else that went on (see my previous post). He offered to refund me in the end but would not cover the cost of return shipping, which would have cost more than the charger he supplied me with (which you can buy on Amazon for $12.99, including free shipping). He offered to buy me a new charger directly from Amazon but that never turned up either lol

The mount he makes is, as far as I am aware, the only one available for the F-Type that wraps around the center console handle. But the phone chargers he sells with it are cheap chargers. The ball mount on his product fits a lot of other phone chargers, but he won't sell the ball mount on its own.

I hope someone comes out with a similar solution with better customer service!

Good luck, Brian.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Pax
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can somebody with a Knightspeed holder please post detailed photos of it, and especially the profile of the hole where the F-Type handle bar goes through, together with a mm-exact distance reference in the same photo?

That way we can reproduce the holder in a CAD program and then 3D-print it. If I do it I will make the 3D-files available for everyone so that you can produce your own, or have them professionally produced.

BR Fredric

The following users liked this post:
RichardCranium (07-15-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 10:29 AM
jk7
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Dear F-type owners,

Sorry, I will do better.

Firstly, let me apologise to any existing customers that haven’t received excellent customer service, I truly feel awful that I haven’t met your expectations. I know this isn’t acceptable. I do take customer service very seriously and am doing everything I can to improve where I can.

Let me provide a little background. I initially designed & developed my own bracket for my new F-type, I put it on a Jag forum and received lots of interest from other owners to purchase one. I created Knightspeed to service this demand. Knightspeed is a small side business I run purely out of passion. I work a lot of hours due to my job and am usually out of the country hence asking customers to expect long delivery times as I only get a few hours a week to service these orders or respond to emails. Throw in a new baby and my main machine breaking down has caused new issues which has delayed some orders even more.

Light on the horizon.

I have redesigned the bracket, it will now be machined from aircraft grade Aluminium, making it super strong and more robust compared to 3D printed plastic. The new F-T1000 will go live soon. Regarding the actual phone holder quality/price, I’ve tested 29 different phone holders from top manufactures and not one has compared to the version I supply. I believe it’s the best on the market at what it does.

I have had a lot of customers compliment the product and my customers service over the past year, again I’m sorry if you haven't received the service you should have. I hope you can bear with me while I improve.

Please feel free to contact me directly, my details are on the Knightspeed website.

Thanks
Jonathan

Last edited by jk7; 07-10-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Uncle Fishbits (07-18-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 10:31 AM
jk7
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Brian, I have sent you an email update earlier today. Le me know if you received it ok?
Thanks

Old 07-18-2019, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by jk7
Dear F-type owners,

Sorry, I will do better.

Firstly, let me apologise to any existing customers that haven’t received excellent customer service, I truly feel awful that I haven’t met your expectations. I know this isn’t acceptable. I do take customer service very seriously and am doing everything I can to improve where I can.
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth. I just want to say a nod in JK7's direction. Sure it is spendy, but as I mentioned, I don't have a 3D printer.
Second, he's offered to retool the design for my manual transmission, because it simply didn't work.
And third... I am SO HAPPY about the new design. I was meant to send some pictures so we could get to redesigning the mount for a manual, and immediately after taking the pics, in removing the bracket it literally broke in two places. I know you have a lifetime warranty, so that's another plus.

I will find and send those pics asap to that email thread, but I figure as classy as you are attempting to be, in running a side business that is customer service oriented, I would stand up for ya. =)

You're doing things right... it's not when stuff goes wrong, but it's how it's all handled. Cheers to you.

scm (07-19-2019)
Old 02-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jk7
Dear F-type owners,

Sorry, I will do better.

Let me provide a little background. I initially designed & developed my own bracket for my new F-type, I put it on a Jag forum and received lots of interest from other owners to purchase one. I created Knightspeed to service this demand. Knightspeed is a small side business I run purely out of passion. I work a lot of hours due to my job and am usually out of the country hence asking customers to expect long delivery times as I only get a few hours a week to service these orders or respond to emails. Throw in a new baby and my main machine breaking down has caused new issues which has delayed some orders even more.

Light on the horizon.

I have redesigned the bracket, it will now be machined from aircraft grade Aluminium, making it super strong and more robust compared to 3D printed plastic. The new F-T1000 will go live soon. Regarding the actual phone holder quality/price, I’ve tested 29 different phone holders from top manufactures and not one has compared to the version I supply. I believe it’s the best on the market at what it does.

I have had a lot of customers compliment the product and my customers service over the past year, again I’m sorry if you haven't received the service you should have. I hope you can bear with me while I improve.

Please feel free to contact me directly, my details are on the Knightspeed website.

Thanks
Jonathan
Dude, with a post like this, after 4 months, even if it is a side gig... PLEASE AT LEAST COMMUNICATE WITH ME RE: Your promise and your warranty. It's frustrating beyond belief.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Dude, with a post like this, after 4 months, even if it is a side gig... PLEASE AT LEAST COMMUNICATE WITH ME RE: Your promise and your warranty. It's frustrating beyond belief.
Follow up on this product.

*** KnightSpeed do not honor their warranty promise. ***

I informed him (Jonathan the owner) that my bracket had snapped (Dec 1, 2019) and I was promised two replacements after repeatedly following up. I asked for a tracking number and never received anything despite repeated responses from the seller this would happen. I am now without a product despite spending over $200 on this product. 2 1/2 months later and now all communication has stopped.

I would avoid this company altogether.

It is such a shame because he could very easily improve his customer service and deliver a great product. I don't understand why he chooses to deal with customers in this manner. I am not alone either.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by epodigy
Follow up on this product.

*** KnightSpeed do not honor their warranty promise. ***

I informed him (Jonathan the owner) that my bracket had snapped (Dec 1, 2019) and I was promised two replacements after repeatedly following up. I asked for a tracking number and never received anything despite repeated responses from the seller this would happen. I am now without a product despite spending over $200 on this product. 2 1/2 months later and now all communication has stopped.

I would avoid this company altogether.

It is such a shame because he could very easily improve his customer service and deliver a great product. I don't understand why he chooses to deal with customers in this manner. I am not alone either.

Bump. I just want to give this guy Jonathan an opportunity to explain himself and apologize.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6803237...e-mount-holder
Not not sure what it's made of, but it's only 35 bucks

schuss (12-21-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 03:07 PM
Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Look like maybe a Velcro strap with the base that clips in. Actually looks pretty clean and I have vw r32 with a similar “arm” on the console - might work for both.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

although I adopted the plastic night speed holder that charges the phone, I bought this velcro strap off eBay and I'm extremely pleased. It's far sturdier than I would have imagined. It comes with that magnetic clip and that would work just perfectly. I'm very happy finally. The seller's really nice too. And only 35 bucks makes it a no-brainer.

Old 08-10-2020, 11:35 PM
Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
although I adopted the plastic night speed holder that charges the phone, I bought this velcro strap off eBay and I'm extremely pleased. It's far sturdier than I would have imagined. It comes with that magnetic clip and that would work just perfectly. I'm very happy finally. The seller's really nice too. And only 35 bucks makes it a no-brainer.
Without pic's it never happened

Old 12-13-2020, 10:31 AM
Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Just bought the ProClip. Going to see if I can get the MagSafe charger to work.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:31 AM
Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

I just ordered Kuda mounts for the Volvo’s to make MagSafe charging mounts. Told Dirk Kuda needs to make a mount for the F!

Old 12-21-2020, 12:59 PM
Received 81 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for all the ideas. I ordered a clamping mount with a ball joint on the back, and I'm planning to 3D print a clip for the dash beam with a ball joint angled to fit the F-Type. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

I'm not into magnetic mounts because I don't do cases, and I'm definitely not sticking anything to my dash - I don't trust anyone's "non-marking" claims. But that beam down the center of the dash seems like it was made for this!

Old 12-21-2020, 01:56 PM
Received 294 Likes on 164 Posts

Never thought I’d say this but I’m a total convert to wireless CarPlay.
Since I fitted the UAD unit to the car my phone stays in my pocket. If it needs charging I just plug it in.
I’ve got the Scosche mount on the dash but not using it now.

Quick Reply: F-type phone holder