Sponsored by:

First Service + Quote Of The Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts
Default First Service + Quote Of The Day

Is today*

"Driving fast on the track does not scare me. What scares me is when I drive on the highway and get passed by some idiot who thinks he is Fangio."

- Juan Manuel Fangio

That is all. You can now return to your regularly scheduled forum, already in progress...

*including swapping out summer for winter wheels/tires [Continental Extreme Contact DWS].

Old 11-04-2015, 06:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Is today*

"Driving fast on the track does not scare me. What scares me is when I drive on the highway and get passed by some idiot who thinks he is Fangio."

- Juan Manuel Fangio

That is all. You can now return to your regularly scheduled forum, already in progress...

*including swapping out summer for winter wheels/tires [Continental Extreme Contact DWS].
Please report back on your perceptions of the Conti all seasons vs. your summer perf tires.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

There are two kinds of drivers out there:
- Those that drive slower than I do - they're idiots.
- Those that drive faster than I do - they're ********.

The following 2 users liked this post by uncheel:
DJS (11-04-2015), FD9NY (11-04-2015)
Old 11-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Please report back on your perceptions of the Conti all seasons vs. your summer perf tires.
So far (about 10 miles ) so good Clay! Looking forward to reporting back how they perform on their own and vs. the P-Zeros and if the weather ever does start getting cold - not that I'm complaining about this splendid Indian Summer we're having - I will. Nice to have the F-Type shod with cold-weather tires and "testing" out the limits (or thereabouts) during this winter.

I must add that the service experience I received from my local dealer - Scarborough Jaguar (located, where else but, in Scarborough, Maine) - was exceptional from start to finish. They even provided me with a lovely parting gift of a Jaguar Heritage hoodie left on the passenger seat.

Fabulous touch from a fabulous dealership.

What's not to love?

Best regards,
Jay

Old 11-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

So far (about 10 miles ) so good Clay! Looking forward to reporting back how they perform on their own and vs. the P-Zeros and if the weather ever does start getting cold - not that I'm complaining about this splendid Indian Summer we're having - I will. Nice to have the F-Type shod with cold-weather tires and "testing" out the limits (or thereabouts) during this winter.

I must add that the service experience I received from my local dealer - Scarborough Jaguar (located, where else but, in Scarborough, Maine) - was exceptional from start to finish. They even provided me with a lovely parting gift of a Jaguar Heritage hoodie left on the passenger seat.

What's not to love?

Best regards,
Jay
Very nice touch from your dealer. It is always the accumulation of those little touches that differentiates the ok from the exceptional.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Nice to have the F-Type

What's not to love?

Best regards,
Jay
Your dealer obviously "gets it".

Old 11-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

The service Tech just called... he think's he left his hoodie in your car, and he wants it back.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TXJagR
The service Tech just called... he think's he left his hoodie in your car, and he wants it back.
And how, pray tell, would you know that? (Unless his call got routed through Dallas?). Well...please tell him he's not getting it back!

And, yes, gentlemen, a small gesture goes a very long way.

[re] the new Conti Extreme Contact DWS: while it's extremely premature to make any meaningful comment, I will say that having a lot of first hand experience with them on my 2004 Audi A8L (vastly different cars though they are) I will say that I expect[ed] excellent performance from them. That and I already know, tellingly, that they're not the wrong tire for the F-Type from the start.

My wife's new 2006 BMW 325 XI Wagon; 6-speed with sports suspension and other "handling goodies" came with Bridgestone run-fiats which I instantly recognized as awful! Spoke with the sales manager who generously offered to swap them out for ContiProContact SSR which were (and are) markedly improved and, quite frankly, exceptional.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 11-04-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

My wife's new 2006 BMW 325 XI Wagon; 6-speed with sports suspension and other "handling goodies" came with Bridgestone run-fiats which I instantly recognized as awful!
Run-flat=awful. I could've told you that if you'd just asked.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:07 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Run-flat=awful. I could've told you that if you'd just asked.
Well, as you might imagine -.and I don't recall what the options (for tires) were at the time I purchased the car; although I do remember upgrading to the wheels she has - wanting your wife to have the capability of continuing to drive should a fiat occur is quite appealing. (In spite of AAA or BMW Roadside Assistance).

Besides, I must say, the car - and those ContiProContact SSR's - handles suoerbly! In spite of it being 10 years old and 193,000 miles and counting. And because 2006 came with a new body style (and a fabulous paint job; in "German" silver) it still looks fantastic too.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

And how, pray tell, would you know that? (Unless his call got routed through Dallas?). Well...please tell him he's not getting it back!

And, yes, gentlemen, a small gesture goes a very long way.

[re] the new Conti Extreme Contact DWS: while it's extremely premature to make any meaningful comment, I will say that having a lot of first hand experience with them on my 2004 Audi A8L (vastly different cars though they are) I will say that I expect[ed] excellent performance from them. That and I already know, tellingly, that they're not the wrong tire for the F-Type from the start.

My wife's new 2006 BMW 325 XI Wagon; 6-speed with sports suspension and other "handling goodies" came with Bridgestone run-fiats which I instantly recognized as awful! Spoke with the sales manager who generously offered to swap them out for ContiProContact SSR which were (and are) markedly improved and, quite frankly, exceptional.
Continental have been making great tires. My wife's C300 has the ContiSportContact 5 SSR which handle really like Michelins.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Just took mine in for the first service. Everything looked good and I've had no major issues. 9500 miles. The rear tires are about spent, probably a couple months left on them. I'll replace in early spring I think. In the meantime I'll enjoy a bit of random street drifting.

Still absolutely love the car. If I was forced to pick something else right now, I honestly don't know what I would choose.

PS: No hoodie in passenger seat.

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (12-15-2015)