F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front parking sensor operation on 2015 quick shift v6S

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 06:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front parking sensor operation on 2015 quick shift v6S

Can anyone help with this.When selecting reverse everything works correctly.Front and rear sensors operate along with rear camera display.The problem is when selecting neutral from normal driving,to say stop at traffic lights,The front parking sensors automatically power up.They are also false triggering, which adds to the problem.The button to the left of the infotainment screen illuminates.I can shut them up by pressing the button.If I leave them on they do cancel once the car is in motion again.The question is should they power up everytimeI select neutral from drive?It’s only the front sensors that power up when in neutral.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:33 AM
Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

I suspect that is normal operation as car assumes you are moving from parking spot and will auto turn off after you go more than 5 or 7km/hr. Just leave it in drive when a traffic light

Old 05-01-2022, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Hey just be glad that the front sensors actually come on!! If you have an XJ they NEVER come on unless you push the button on the overhead console to turn them on. Very poor setup and I have scraped the bottom of the front bumper cover a bit before I figured it out. I came from an S-Type which had them armed all the time so was unaware of the change.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Borbor
I suspect that is normal operation as car assumes you are moving from parking spot and will auto turn off after you go more than 5 or 7km/hr. Just leave it in drive when a traffic light
Your probably right about it being normal operation.If they weren’t false triggering there wouldn’t be a problem.The car is going in for some cosmetic paint work which involves removal of complete front nose section so will probably get new sensors fitted at the same time and hope that cures it.Thanks for the reply

Old 05-02-2022, 08:11 AM
Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I have the parking sensors enabled all the time, but I occasionally get false triggering. It seems to happen when I am in traffic and waiting behind another vehicle at a traffic light. And by habit, I always stop 8-10 feet away from the cart in front of me. The factor that I believe contributes to the false triggering seems to be the direction I am pointing and the angle of the sun. Like it happens more often when I am facing west. My best guess is that it has something to do with sunlight reflections off of the car in front or behind me. If it gets annoying I just switch it off temporarily from the icon on the screen.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:03 AM
Default Thanks for reply

From your reply you say you have the sensors configured on permanently.Sorry I’m new to this forum thing but I have a 2015 f type s . I don’t think there is any choice of configuration on the operation of the sensors.I do have button to the left of the infotainment screen which can switch the front sensors on and off and that’s what I have to keep doing HOWEVER the dealer who I bought the car from in February 2022 mentioned the front number plate which has its edges about 1 inch from the front sensors.I removed the front number plate and went for a short test drive.There was definitely an improvement, so it looks like the front pointing sensors could be intermittently picking up the edges of the number plate.I use double sided tape to hold them on so this pushes the number plate further forward from the back plate.might scrap the tape and use conventional self tappers.