F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by elude
What annoys me is that I can't have a iPod plugged into the USB port and concurrently stream bluetooth via my iPhone without having to unplug it.

Ironically, in an XJ I had as a rental, I was able to do both... What gives?
Plug it into the other USB port. I believe the one closest to the driver is the right one for you to use. They are not wired the same. The other solution is to use a USB adaptor in the power receptacle.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:58 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Bought a BRG Jaguar baseball cap at Mayfair Jaguar for £15 when I was in London. Don't need the visors.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
The sun blinding you is too true. Funny.

And THANK YOU for this link. I mean, I have to buy it.

I just wonder if it fits with the run flat gizmo. Unnngghh... that luggage. Thank you.

All luggage pieces fit with the air pump in place. There is still room behind the larger suitcase for a duffelbag which we usually fill with shoes. the larger suitcase goes in sideways on the left side of the trunk. And we are able to fit a small back pack which is a wine cooler with two bottles to the right side next to the smaller roll-on suitcase. Problem is the uneven layout of the trunk space. The suit cases catch on the edges/lip etc of the floor. You have to reach underneath the suitcase and lift/push it past those edges.
We have now done a 10 day and 4 trip in the F-Type. It can be done but not if your wife needs a different pair of shoes every day.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (10-26-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

Seems to be trend on roadsters to very small visors, Audi TT is even smaller.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

This is one I discovered today...

When your engine is stopped in ECO mode, the stereo is sound limited to about 3/4 of maximum, and a little ECO symbol appears on the sound dial to tell you why...

Old 10-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

You can turn the sound dial off completely.

The following 2 users liked this post by Buckingham:
TR64ever (10-15-2015), Uncle Fishbits (10-26-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PolkNole
This is one I discovered today...

When your engine is stopped in ECO mode, the stereo is sound limited to about 3/4 of maximum, and a little ECO symbol appears on the sound dial to tell you why...
Wow... I don't think I've ever had cause to have my volume high enough to discover that myself. Even with the top down I don't think this has ever been an issue.

Out of curiosity, does it actually reduce the volume to 48 when the engine stops or will it just not let you adjust it above 48 when ECO mode is enabled? It would be funny if setting your volume above 48 disabled ECO mode.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

Very strange!

Old 10-14-2015, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Discovered a remarkable benefit to the ECO mode. Inadvertently let the clutch out at a stop sign while the car was still in gear and stalled the engine for the first time since I've had the car. Depressed the clutch to hit the ignition switch but the car fired right back up without using the switch. Makes sense, but I hadn't thought about that.

Uncle Fishbits (10-23-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 02:21 AM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckingham
Bought a BRG Jaguar baseball cap at Mayfair Jaguar for £15 when I was in London. Don't need the visors.
Thanks for the help with extending sun visors!
Yes I do own a couple of hats, deerstalkers, pith helmets, Trilbys', but I find the wind tends to catch under them when I get to about 85 mph.

Baseball, is that some kind of Rounders game?

The following 2 users liked this post by Tel:
Buckingham (10-15-2015), ioneabee (06-04-2016)
Old 10-15-2015, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Merlin
Out of curiosity, does it actually reduce the volume to 48 when the engine stops or will it just not let you adjust it above 48 when ECO mode is enabled? It would be funny if setting your volume above 48 disabled ECO mode.
After further research, the volume will indeed drop to the ECO max even if it was higher when ECO turned the engine off.

Old 10-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

For the coupe, in no particular order:

1. Rear view mirror - The shape of the rear view mirror in the coupe is designed to mimic the shape of the rear hatchback, so when you look behind the two shapes align.

2. Wind noise above 80mph - Wind noise picks up significantly after 80mph in the coupe. It's an easy way to tell when I'm going way above the speed limit.

3. Dog friendly - When the trunk cover is removed, the coupe is the ultimate day rider for dogs. They can look out the rear hatchback as the car is moving, and the bulkhead prevents them from jumping into the front seat.

4. Luggage friendly - For luggage fans, the coupe trunk exactly fits the largest Rimowa 32" suitcase, with room for a laptop bag on the side or on top.

5. Interior - The sweep curvature of the grab handle on the inside is sympathetic to the sweep of the roofline in the coupe. There are a lot of those parallel lines in the interior. There's also extensive use of the cutback design (aka Hofmeister kink) on the inside, which echoes the exterior window cutback.

6. Dashboard hoodline - The twin circular bulges mimic another classic muscular lateral line in the Jaguar heritage:

The following 8 users liked this post by schraderade:
drtdvl (08-06-2016), MattRG (04-17-2018), MaximA (09-05-2016), PolkNole (10-16-2015), slojotaa (07-09-2016), Socal_transplant (10-16-2015), Thunderjet Racing (04-09-2023), Uncle Fishbits (10-26-2015) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-17-2015, 05:09 PM

The car will not lock if the hood is not closed completely on both sides. I knew this if a door was not completely closed, but the driver's side hood latch was not completely secure and I get a beep beep instead of a locking car.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget the heated seats. You can fry an egg on those things. I don't see a reason to put the to up other than for rain.

Since this doesn't have a cover and it's open around the convertible top, what the concensus on keeping the top down and letting water get in the openings around the top??

Originally Posted by duprey26
+1 on the heater. My personal comfort zone for windows appears to be about 55F. Below that and the extra cabin air turbulence renders the heater only effective on the hands the vents are blowing on. Anything over a 10 minute ride at a temperature below that with the windows down results in a bit too much chill for me. At that point I either need to start wearing a coat (and probably hat) or put the windows up and retain a bit more of the heat.

EDIT: Just realized you have a coupe. Your window down temp will probably be different than mine. I'm referring to top and windows down temp. Still impressive on the heater though.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

Biggest discovery for me was that interior storage is crap. Not even a decent place to stash my sunglasses. They end up sitting in the cup holders I don't want, in front of the compartment that is too small to be much use. It looks like the convertible has storage between the uprights of the seats that the coupe does not have. We just get a blanking panel.

Everything else seems to be as I expected, in a good way.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Discovered a remarkable benefit to the ECO mode. Inadvertently let the clutch out at a stop sign while the car was still in gear and stalled the engine for the first time since I've had the car. Depressed the clutch to hit the ignition switch but the car fired right back up without using the switch. Makes sense, but I hadn't thought about that.
There's something weird here, though. On hills, ECO seems to interfere with a cautious clutch release, so you aren't gunning forward... it sputters to a stop at times prior to what a stall would be. I am still figuring this out, *BUT*...

something I learned? I've driven 3000 miles in Dynamic. I finally took dynamic mode off in traffic and in city hill stop and go.

I had no idea how easy it is to drive without dynamic. I prefer the latter, as it's training me to be smarter / quicker / tighter on my shifting, and I get to know the car better......

but for traffic and hills, it's shocking how much of a difference non-dynamic is for a sort of ease of luxurious type driving vs racing. AMAZING difference.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
There's something weird here, though. On hills, ECO seems to interfere with a cautious clutch release, so you aren't gunning forward... it sputters to a stop at times prior to what a stall would be. I am still figuring this out, *BUT*...

something I learned? I've driven 3000 miles in Dynamic. I finally took dynamic mode off in traffic and in city hill stop and go.

I had no idea how easy it is to drive without dynamic. I prefer the latter, as it's training me to be smarter / quicker / tighter on my shifting, and I get to know the car better......

but for traffic and hills, it's shocking how much of a difference non-dynamic is for a sort of ease of luxurious type driving vs racing. AMAZING difference.
+1. I have personalized dynamic mode by eliminating dynamic throttle response. This way, I can have the dynamic steering and suspension settings, while maintaining fine control over throttle which is critical for rev matching and launch control.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Misujerr (02-13-2017), Uncle Fishbits (10-26-2015)
Old 10-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
+1. I have personalized dynamic mode by eliminating dynamic throttle response. This way, I can have the dynamic steering and suspension settings, while maintaining fine control over throttle which is critical for rev matching and launch control.
I have mine set up the same way. I don't like moving the sensitivity of the accelerator pedal into the first third for a few reasons. That's not where it belongs. Almost all of the time, I'm in Dynamic Mode, configured as described, exhaust on quiet, and TracDSC.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Did everyone know that the wheel lock is in the trunk under the concealed compartment on the left side of the trunk. And who knew the battery is also there too... and the tire repair solution....

Took my tire/wheel guy 10 minutes to find the wheel lock.

Attached Thumbnails Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...-wheellock_ftype.jpg  
Old 10-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Biggest discovery for me was that interior storage is crap. Not even a decent place to stash my sunglasses. They end up sitting in the cup holders I don't want, in front of the compartment that is too small to be much use. It looks like the convertible has storage between the uprights of the seats that the coupe does not have. We just get a blanking panel.

Everything else seems to be as I expected, in a good way.
I had this same issue/complaint. Most cars have a compartment in front of the interior lights / rear view mirror -- that drops down for sunglasses. I didn't want to scratch my glasses so I ended up just putting my sunglass case in the driver's side door panel. I have to open the case and take them out or put them in whenever I need them, kind of annoying.

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...