F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Suspension broken by springs

 
  #1  
Old 04-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Madrid
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default Suspension broken by springs

Hi all. I do not know what the problem is but the front axle of my F-type R Coupe stays 2 cms high instead of 2 cms lower when installing Eibach springs. After removing and putting the springs several times, the right front suspension has broken. Has it happened to someone else?

The cost is 800€ but the worst part is that Eibach does not know why my car does not go down on the front axle!
 
  #2  
Old 04-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Chawumba's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: So Cal
Posts: 666
Liked 165 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by T-Mack View Post
Hi all. I do not know what the problem is but the front axle of my F-type R Coupe stays 2 cms high instead of 2 cms lower when installing Eibach springs. After removing and putting the springs several times, the right front suspension has broken. Has it happened to someone else?

The cost is 800€ but the worst part is that Eibach does not know why my car does not go down on the front axle!
wtf? Maybe if you can provide pictures of what has broken may make it easier for us to offer suggestions. Nothing comes to mind from what you have described so far.
 
  #3  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:06 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Madrid
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

[CITA = Chawumba; 2055049] wtf? Tal vez si puede proporcionar imágenes de lo que se ha roto puede hacernos más fácil ofrecer sugerencias. Nada viene a la mente de lo que ha descrito hasta ahora. [/ QUOTE]

There is nothing physically broken. Variable cushioning/suspension offers crazy values. The car is going well but failure of "dynamic driving modes" appears. I can not select any mode.
 
  #4  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:16 AM
Tork Monster's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 323
Liked 75 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by T-Mack View Post
There is nothing physically broken. Variable cushioning/suspension offers crazy values. The car is going well but failure of "dynamic driving modes" appears. I can not select any mode.
The shop that installed my VAP springs damaged a strut when removing it and I had this same warning until the strut was replaced. The car rode hard and bouncy during that time too.
The way I understand it, they used a power tool to remove the strut and it spun the strut shaft, damaging the internals?
He said they were too aggressive taking things apart...
The car defaulted to some Extra Hard setting that was pretty nasty, I must say.
 
  #5  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Madrid
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tork Monster View Post
The shop that installed my VAP springs damaged a strut when removing it and I had this same warning until the strut was replaced. The car rode hard and bouncy during that time too.
The way I understand it, they used a power tool to remove the strut and it spun the strut shaft, damaging the internals?
He said they were too aggressive taking things apart...
The car defaulted to some Extra Hard setting that was pretty nasty, I must say.
The truth is that I do not know what happened. I thought it would be a sensor thing but it was the strut. Something happens with my front axle or with Eibach because I have mounted 2 sets of springs and they have been high. So I have mounted and disassembled 4 times until the strut has broken ...

By the way, did you change the 2 struts?
 
  #6  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Tork Monster's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 323
Liked 75 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by T-Mack View Post
The truth is that I do not know what happened. I thought it would be a sensor thing but it was the strut. Something happens with my front axle or with Eibach because I have mounted 2 sets of springs and they have been high. So I have mounted and disassembled 4 times until the strut has broken ...
By the way, did you change the 2 struts?
I believe the shop only replaced the one strut they damaged.
The front springs are shorter on the AWD model; if your car is AWD, is it possible they sent you RWD front springs?
 
  #7  
Old 04-14-2019, 11:27 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Madrid
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

[QUOTE = Tork Monster; 2055086] Creo que la tienda solo reemplazó el puntal que dañaron.
Los resortes delanteros son más cortos en el modelo AWD; Si su automóvil es AWD, ¿es posible que le envíen resortes delanteros RWD? [/ QUOTE]

El mío es RWD...
 
  #8  
Old 04-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Unhingd's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 13,364
Liked 3,068 Times in 2,320 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by T-Mack View Post
Hi all. I do not know what the problem is but the front axle of my F-type R Coupe stays 2 cms high instead of 2 cms lower when installing Eibach springs. After removing and putting the springs several times, the right front suspension has broken. Has it happened to someone else?

The cost is 800€ but the worst part is that Eibach does not know why my car does not go down on the front axle!
If you have AWD, the springs might be for the RWD.
 
  #9  
Old 04-14-2019, 02:32 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Madrid
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

[QUOTE = Unhingd; 2055151] Si tiene AWD, los resortes pueden ser para el RWD. [/ QUOTE]

Tengo RWD pero tal vez necesito resortes AWD ...
 

Last edited by T-Mack; 04-14-2019 at 02:35 PM.
  #10  
Old 04-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Unhingd's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 13,364
Liked 3,068 Times in 2,320 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by T-Mack View Post
[QUOTE = Unhingd; 2055151] Si tiene AWD, los resortes pueden ser para el RWD. [/ QUOTE]

Tengo RWD pero tal vez necesito resortes AWD ...
Unlikely. I don’t think that’s the solution.
 
  #11  
Old 04-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Madrid
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

One thing is for sure, it seems that I was a bit silly not blaming the workshop ...
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Alfredo209
Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling
3
10-18-2012 10:56 AM
Mendo XK
XK8 / XKR ( X100 )
1
06-25-2012 02:51 PM
JayDen
XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 )
0
04-16-2012 02:48 PM
MLRocafella85
XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 )
1
11-19-2010 09:51 AM
scottatl
XK8 / XKR ( X100 )
3
06-12-2010 11:04 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension broken by springs


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: