F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension broken by springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Suspension broken by springs

Hi all. I do not know what the problem is but the front axle of my F-type R Coupe stays 2 cms high instead of 2 cms lower when installing Eibach springs. After removing and putting the springs several times, the right front suspension has broken. Has it happened to someone else?

The cost is 800€ but the worst part is that Eibach does not know why my car does not go down on the front axle!

Old 04-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Mack
Hi all. I do not know what the problem is but the front axle of my F-type R Coupe stays 2 cms high instead of 2 cms lower when installing Eibach springs. After removing and putting the springs several times, the right front suspension has broken. Has it happened to someone else?

The cost is 800€ but the worst part is that Eibach does not know why my car does not go down on the front axle!
wtf? Maybe if you can provide pictures of what has broken may make it easier for us to offer suggestions. Nothing comes to mind from what you have described so far.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:06 AM

[CITA = Chawumba; 2055049] wtf? Tal vez si puede proporcionar imágenes de lo que se ha roto puede hacernos más fácil ofrecer sugerencias. Nada viene a la mente de lo que ha descrito hasta ahora. [/ QUOTE]

There is nothing physically broken. Variable cushioning/suspension offers crazy values. The car is going well but failure of "dynamic driving modes" appears. I can not select any mode.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:16 AM
Received 156 Likes on 85 Posts

There is nothing physically broken. Variable cushioning/suspension offers crazy values. The car is going well but failure of "dynamic driving modes" appears. I can not select any mode.
The shop that installed my VAP springs damaged a strut when removing it and I had this same warning until the strut was replaced. The car rode hard and bouncy during that time too.
The way I understand it, they used a power tool to remove the strut and it spun the strut shaft, damaging the internals?
He said they were too aggressive taking things apart...
The car defaulted to some Extra Hard setting that was pretty nasty, I must say.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tork Monster
The shop that installed my VAP springs damaged a strut when removing it and I had this same warning until the strut was replaced. The car rode hard and bouncy during that time too.
The way I understand it, they used a power tool to remove the strut and it spun the strut shaft, damaging the internals?
He said they were too aggressive taking things apart...
The car defaulted to some Extra Hard setting that was pretty nasty, I must say.
The truth is that I do not know what happened. I thought it would be a sensor thing but it was the strut. Something happens with my front axle or with Eibach because I have mounted 2 sets of springs and they have been high. So I have mounted and disassembled 4 times until the strut has broken ...

By the way, did you change the 2 struts?

Old 04-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Received 156 Likes on 85 Posts

The truth is that I do not know what happened. I thought it would be a sensor thing but it was the strut. Something happens with my front axle or with Eibach because I have mounted 2 sets of springs and they have been high. So I have mounted and disassembled 4 times until the strut has broken ...
By the way, did you change the 2 struts?
I believe the shop only replaced the one strut they damaged.
The front springs are shorter on the AWD model; if your car is AWD, is it possible they sent you RWD front springs?

Old 04-14-2019, 11:27 AM

[QUOTE = Tork Monster; 2055086] Creo que la tienda solo reemplazó el puntal que dañaron.
Los resortes delanteros son más cortos en el modelo AWD; Si su automóvil es AWD, ¿es posible que le envíen resortes delanteros RWD? [/ QUOTE]

El mío es RWD...

Old 04-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

If you have AWD, the springs might be for the RWD.

Old 04-14-2019, 02:32 PM

[QUOTE = Unhingd; 2055151] Si tiene AWD, los resortes pueden ser para el RWD. [/ QUOTE]

Tengo RWD pero tal vez necesito resortes AWD ...

Last edited by T-Mack; 04-14-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

[QUOTE = Unhingd; 2055151] Si tiene AWD, los resortes pueden ser para el RWD. [/ QUOTE]

Tengo RWD pero tal vez necesito resortes AWD ...
Unlikely. I don’t think that’s the solution.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:34 PM

One thing is for sure, it seems that I was a bit silly not blaming the workshop ...