Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP F-Type Lowering Springs Product Launch

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts
Default VelocityAP F-Type Lowering Springs Product Launch

We have signed off on our progressive rate lowering springs for Jaguar F-Type models and are going into production!!!

Ride height reduction is 7/8", or 22mm.

We are launching 2 products - one which fits all body styles and engine types except V8R: F-Type V8S Convertible

And one for the V8R: Jaguar F-Type R Progressive Rate Lowering Springs

During our analysis and testing of the OEM springs, we discovered that all variants had virtually identical spring setups with the exception of the front springs on the V8R. Due to the fact that the engine are all derived from the same basic block, kerb weights on all the cars are extremely similar and so we were able to create a design which works for all the non-R applications.

Info:
VelocityAP springs use exclusively high quality, high stress X5K Spring Steel. Although considerably more expensive than regular steel, this new generation steel allows us to further improve upon the original Jaguar F-Type spring design by reducing the amount of steel required in a spring. VelocityAP springs are therefore substantially lighter (by approximately 30%) and reduce the solid height therefore increasing travel. X5K Spring Steel is used in almost all top levels of Motorsport, giving a hugely successful endorsement of its characteristics & proven durability.

In addition to the superior materials, these springs also feature a unique manufacturing process that sets them aside from most OEM & Aftermarket applications - a Tapered Wire Progressive Rate design. The Ultimate in Design. The principle is simple: By using a tapered rather than constant diameter spring wire, our springs achieve a truly progressive spring rate over the length of their compression & travel. The spring rate increases when you need it (cornering) and decreases when you don't - yielding a smooth and supple ride over bumpy surfaces. The best of both worlds!

By using this unique manufacturing method, we can achieve a substantial increase in spring rate with huge handling benefits with no loss of ride comfort. As the spring de-rates, the shock absorber no longer struggles for rebound control and gives improved vehicle stability.

Benefits:
  • Reduced Weight
  • Improved Ride Quality
  • Improved Handling
  • Better Visual Appearance
  • Improved Shock Absorber Function

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 10-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Sponsor
Default Group Buy

Nice and simple. First 10 sets will be available at a $100 discount

The first production run is due to be completed in about 2.5 weeks, and will be warehoused and shipped from both our Canadian and UK Locations. So for those in North America and in Europe there is a ground shipping option.

Email me to place orders, or with any questions or purchase through the website using coupon code "JagForums1"

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

My car is the white one above and many of you have read my posts about my experience. These springs are an excellent way to keep function while adding some form. I always felt the F Type R sat a bit too high and the 22mm drop here is the perfect amount.

Disclaimer:

I dont work for Stuart or VAP and didnt receive any products for free.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart@VelocityAP (10-06-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by vic55
My car is the white one above and many of you have read my posts about my experience. These springs are an excellent way to keep function while adding some form. I always felt the F Type R sat a bit too high and the 22mm drop here is the perfect amount.

Disclaimer:

I dont work for Stuart or VAP and didnt receive any products for free.
Thanks Vic!

The convertible above is also from a forum member, hopefully he will be along to post his impressions at some point too

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Thanks Vic!

The convertible above is also from a forum member, hopefully he will be along to post his impressions at some point too
Email sent...

Old 10-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Sponsor

Thanks for the orders everyone, 4 so far - 3 V8R and 1 V8S Convertible. Thank-you for your commitment guys, really appreciate the support.

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Banned

Somewhat Off Topic, but if those buying Stuart's springs are also interested in obtaining the wheel spacers Vic55 recently installed and reviewed in this forum, I'm planning on contacting the mfg. this week and would happily negotiate a group purchase discount. Send me a PM if interested... If I get a few takers, I'll start a separate thread.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by aJAGMan
Somewhat Off Topic, but if those buying Stuart's springs are also interested in obtaining the wheel spacers Vic55 recently installed and reviewed in this forum, I'm planning on contacting the mfg. this week and would happily negotiate a group purchase discount. Send me a PM if interested... If I get a few takers, I'll start a separate thread.

Feel free to use my thread too if you like--- since it has the pics and the website.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

A question fellas...I plan on going to a 305. Can I still use the spacers or not?

Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
A question fellas...I plan on going to a 305. Can I still use the spacers or not?

I just took a good look at my car: lowered with the 295's and 15mm spacers... I think you might be pushing it with 305's as the tire will come out further and the rear fenders are NOT rolled. If you roll them then you will be golden. If you don't lower but use the 15mm spacers I would guess you would have enough vertical travel with the shocks to avoid any rubbing. I would get a professional shop to roll the fenders.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Banned

I was trying to avoid hijacking Stuart's thread...
I have a comment for Dremorg, but am going to add it to Vic55's spacer thread.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by aJAGMan
I was trying to avoid hijacking Stuart's thread...
I have a comment for Dremorg, but am going to add it to Vic55's spacer thread.
Don't worry, Hijack away

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Hey Stuart, is shipping to the US really $171 USD? I'm OK with the $695 USD for the springs but if there's a cheaper shipping option I'd be interested. Not in a rush to get the springs so even if it takes a month or two to get it it's not a big deal.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by shift
Hey Stuart, is shipping to the US really $171 USD? I'm OK with the $695 USD for the springs but if there's a cheaper shipping option I'd be interested. Not in a rush to get the springs so even if it takes a month or two to get it it's not a big deal.
We should be able to get ground shipping to San Francisco for less than that. Send me an email with your address and I'll get you a quote. The website may be calculating the cost to ship them from the UK rather than Canada (which is usually 2-4 business days to most US destinations.)

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

cool, thanks. sent you an email.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Sponsor

Just a quick reminder that today is the last day to purchase these springs with our $100 launch discount.

The first production run for those who have already purchased was completed yesterday and is now fully sold out. So for all those of you who are waiting, the schedule currently looks good. We're just booking freight shipment from our overseas manufacturer to my office in Canada and will be sending out individual orders from there.

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (10-16-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Sponsor

Quick update for all those waiting. Ran into a bit of a SNAFU with logistics, in that the initial quotations we had from manufacturer to distribution hub were wildly off and the actual costs were ludicrous.

Looks like we've got a resolution, which will involve shipping the stock order to one of my good friends and dealer/distributors in San Diego and sending out each order from there. Will actually mean less hassle for US customers as the shipments origin will be domestic.

Should have these moving in the next day or two

www.velocityap.com

Old 11-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Sponsor

Quick update for everyone who got in on the pre-buy. All the springs have been shipped, picked up today from San Diego and are enroute by Ground. You should all have received tracking notifications. If not, please let me know and I will forward individually.

Thanks for your patience, we had some unexpected issues getting them on the way to you all, but I guarantee it will be worth the wait!!!

We have just completed another production run of 20 vehicle sets which is on the dock with our supplier and which will be shipping to us by Sea-freight this time. So within 4 weeks or so, we should have the next lot of stock ready to go.

Thanks again to all for the support and commitment. Hope we can continue to bring more new products to you in the future.

www.velocityap.com

Old 11-15-2014, 01:15 AM
Veteran Member

Awesome. Got my FedEx notice the other day. Looking forward.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

If their coming from the uk if us guys from here order them do they have to go to the us before you can despatch them, hence costing us a lot in delivery!!

Quick Reply: VelocityAP F-Type Lowering Springs Product Launch