General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

List of users with WDS/IDS willing to help other users

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 03:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default IDS/SDD V125 - V130 + conundrums S-Type 2002.5 V8

Really be good if there were local members with IDS SDD kit that could help but sadly I'm Brighton UK so a bit far to travel at present..

However advice welcome though. !!

I have installed V130 IDS/SDD which connected to original Mongoose and the VIN entered coming back with "Vehicle not SDD compatible please use IDS Legacy Classic".
Sadly when clicking the IDS Legacy it will not load within SDD V130 for what ever reason it is foxing me. So decided to try IDS version Standalone V125 on a VM Virtual Box platform and sure enough the Mongoose ( V125 i've learnt is the first edition that is available for use with Mongoose) saw the VIN number and entered me into the vehicle which I navigated around.

Now the reason for me doing this started with my Fob not activating after 10/15 mins which sort of goes into sleep mode. No lead up to it just started to play up after a long spell of non use but it did work fine for about two weeks after its storage (new battery fitted)and then started this sleep over thing. Manual key worked but shouts the Horn Alarm off every time door opened on key and then switches off as soon as the key is slotted into ignition barrel although I do seem to recall that when this in my past had happened and I need to use the key there was an audible bleep count down of say 5-10 sec before the key was inserted in IGN slot that doesn't happen either now.. After slotting key the fob operates fine for all the time until vehicle stood up and then sleep mode again.

So thought DDM in the door got a new replacement and then went to IDS program and it sees the module asks for it to be re configured starts the time up and after 5secs on the inbuilt programming clock in IDS stops and comes back with "Access denied [11]"
Thought I'll check out some of the accessories feature changes or a few others and none seem to allow the change from enable to disabled such as change any of these such as double horn bleeps on fob double lock confirmation, or electric chair module adjustment. So Cant reprogram the new DDM to fobs and cant change anything which I'm wondering whether the connection cable such as the Mongoose is not quite capable of executing the changing in the programmable firm ware. I have spent days on trying to get the software to recognise the Vin on differing IDS - IDS/.SDD platforms and am in need of some advice as to what I can try next. I'm sure once I can read the DDM and change it then my problems will start to diminish as I'll have kit that works to rectify other issues.!

Are the other question I have is that I did a complete diagnostic survey of the car on all m0dules which saved it as a log but its in .XML which fine I can open in a reader but is there any way of putting this into some app that can show what the Hex/Binary and Alpha numbering is depicting as its all jammed into just lines of gobbly gook?

Old 07-17-2020, 08:38 AM
Received 284 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Original CCF required?

Hello HF,
Instructions for reprogramming modules call for beginning the IDS/SDD session with the old module installed, switch the modules, then reprogram.
I believe it has to do with the way CCF, car configuration files, are handled.
See attached.

Attached Files

Last edited by Bill400; 07-17-2020 at 12:20 PM. Reason: additional info & spelling
Old 08-25-2023, 09:42 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default WDS install CD and installed 8GB disk images for CF/SD Cards

Links to files and other tips too.

Made custom AMI Power Management and Windows 98 boot splash screens (from files of WDS) https://fb.watch/mEttSerdYy/

Also includes .reg files for using Ford/Jaguar Red&Black Probes.

Br, tlindi

Last edited by tlindi; 08-25-2023 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added images
Old 09-01-2023, 04:15 AM
Default Link to PDF source material at web archive from 2003

Originally Posted by sodium
This is a PDF of the Battery website that explains in detail how to reset a rebuilt WDS battery (also contains the pin-out for the compaq battery that should swap in directly)
Current links:
Texts http://frr.g6.cz/battery.html
Sources / Download of files: https://github.com/otofoto/Reset-BQ2...leases/tag/1.0

Seems his batt recov linux boot disk works on WDS. Looking forward to make cables and Talk to my WDS battery after cell renewal. And troubleshoot why Battery Conditioning is not going through after new cells.

Last edited by tlindi; 09-01-2023 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:22 PM

Helping WDS, IDS and SDD needing people

Get one of these 11e - and download two options for 128GB SSD
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...e+8GB&_sacat=0

1) Lenovo-Yoga11e5thGen-Win10x64Pro-recovery-USB-RECOVERY+Desktop-64GB.dd
(some 35GB)
https://lindfi-my.sharepoint.com/:f:...amQew?e=9v33yK
(link expires end of 2023 - DM for extension)
Bootable Lenovo RECOVERY USB

Create USB with dd

Boot Lenovo and restore
Run Windows Install
Copy USB 2nd partiton to desktop
Install software (SDD131 and IDS125 for virtual machine)

You can use 2nd partition also onto another machine than this Lenovo any Windows 10 22H2 64bit is good.
Vóila!

CONTENTS
Windows 10 Education x64
Nice Date reset 08/08/2012 08:08 on login
Software setup files
SDD 131.3 with session based login (will not expire due date reset) setup files
IDS 125 as VirtualBox Virtual Machine
JTIS
JEPC
Disk Image for 1stGen IDS PC (Panasonic ToughBook CF-18KHH6xxx) Windows XP Pro SP3 and, JTIS, JEPC and IDS 118.5 (needs 16GB microSD card)
Disk Image for 1stGen IDS PC (Panasonic ToughBook CF-18KHH6xxx) Windows XP Pro SP3 and, JTIS, JEPC and SDD 131.03 with date/time reset and working login (needs 16GB microSD card)
Disk Images for Ren Rad / TERADYNE GDS3500 () Worldwide Diagnostic System WDS Jaguar version 43 (Final version)
-both Compact Flash and microSD images for 8GB cards to replace HDD

Option 2) Aomei Backup restore with VirtualBox and all the goodies ) (~100GB)

https://lindfi-my.sharepoint.com/:f:...n8iJQ?e=SfTdXQ

Install Windows (eg with Lenovo RECOVERY USB)
Install AOMEI Backup
Restore System Backup
Run restore system is booted to special app.

Get old partitions deleted with clone function.

Run restore.
Vóila! by Tomi "tlindi" Lind

CONTENTS
Windows 10 Education x64
Nice Date reset 16/08/2012 08:08 on login

SDD 131.3 with session based login (will not expire due date reset) already setup
IDS 118.5 and IDS 125 as VirtualBox Virtual Machines (study Customs)
JTIS - Jaguar Technical Information System
JEPC - Jaguar Electric Parts Catalog
Disk Image for 1stGen IDS PC (Panasonic ToughBook CF-18KHH6xxx) Windows XP Pro SP3 and, JTIS, JEPC and IDS 118.5 (needs 16GB microSD card)
Disk Image for 1stGen IDS PC (Panasonic ToughBook CF-18KHH6xxx) Windows XP Pro SP3 and, JTIS, JEPC and SDD 131.03 with date/time reset and working login (needs 16GB microSD card)
Disk Images for Ren Rad / TERADYNE GDS3500 () Worldwide Diagnostic System WDS Jaguar version 43 (Final version)
-both Compact Flash and microSD images for 16GB cards to replace HDD

Includes SDD, and IDS original .iso files too.
( All of created setup scriptss and links etc here: https://lindfi-my.sharepoint.com/:f:...QURkg?e=gvF7C4)

Last edited by tlindi; 09-25-2023 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Original files download sources added and Lenovo Yoga 11e ebay link
Old 10-05-2023, 03:53 PM
Default Tested Battery Recond CD with WDS - success!

Originally Posted by Eyedooo
@sodium: those are valuable information !
Thanks for sharing it.

I'm going to have a look at the exact commands over I2C to the flash and see if I can mimic this into an arduino sketch (as many do not have parallel ports or PS2 connectors on their PCs nowadays)

Hopefully I will succeed

Kind regards,
Alex
There's a CD with all the tools needed to "talk2battery". https://github.com/otofoto/Reset-BQ20xx/releases

Only cable must be done, and you need to have keyboards (PS/2). Power +5V for this battery cable thing can be taken from WDS RS-485 port.

Talk2Battery Cable

The following users liked this post:
Vee (10-11-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by motorcarman
I removed the dead battery pack and the PTU will not operate properly because of a "SYSTEM ERROR 2217" (defective or missing battery pack).
WDS Starting without battery gives Error 2217 and you can't get it running without keyboard. It is needed to start tabman.exe manually.

[SOLVED]

Make shortcut from
  • c:\GDS3500\runtime\tabman.exe
to
  • Start Menu - All Programs - StartUp

Last edited by tlindi; 10-05-2023 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2023, 05:40 PM

WDS in Engineering Mode with VID Block Editor live - without paying anyone anything

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...9/#post2689315