General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Terrible Customer Care from Jag

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It won't make you feel better' but I am receiving similar horrible customer service from Jaguar USA corporate. The company is working amazingly hard to deny a valid warranty claim even after admitting that the problem I am having is covered by my warranty. I was able to get the customer service center manager to admit that my warranty problem was a covered component and that the language in the warranty manual says it should be covered but they are still not paying out on the claim. I am contacting my local department of consumer affairs and will most likely be taking them to court. I hate to say it but I should have bought a Cadillac.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Well, here in the US, you'd be getting a loaner car for all warranty work, so you shouldn't be out of a car, and i'd just leave the XF at the dealer until they can correct all of the problems...especially if you can recreate the problem for the dealer. If you can't they do have a hard time diagnosing problems like noises, overheating and no-starts.

Sounds like your jaguar middle east offices are of no help, you could try taking your complaint directly to Tata...couldn't hurt. Be very very specific and be careful to keep your letter factual and little emotion. g'luck.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:24 PM

I would Google the Brittish Jaguar HQ's Actual MAIL, as well as USA HQ's MAIL, and try to send letters to everyone and anyone in their corporate offices. I would send mail to every single corporate head's name I could find.

Please keep contact and let us know if they end up helping you and giving you the satisfaction you deserve!! I hate that this happened, and I hope to heaven I never have to take my little old X-Type to a Dealer to fix, instead of my great import mechanic!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile Customer care

You should have records and details of each visit.The problems should be listed and what was done and when. The Jaguar office should then contact the dealer to see what their actions were and let the dealer know that you are unhappy.You didn't list the problems and time that you were out of service.
Some customers are there own worst enemy when it come to getting service,they talk about feelings not facts and issues.Most Jaguar dealers are proud of the dealership and want you to be happy,they don't start the day looking for a customer to **** off.
Good luck and use common sense in you battle with the Jaguar office and dealer.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

I would take the dealer up on the trade up if his offer is resonable.Could be the best deal and peace of mind for you.Good luck

Old 11-24-2009, 04:04 PM

Make sure you have terrific comprehensive and collision insurance, and drive Jag directly through windows into Dealership building.