Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre This is an area for members to contact Jaguars Customer relationship centre. It should be used to aid in resolving disputes, NOT for technical issues

Car issues escalated to CRC team due to dealer issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Car issues escalated to CRC team due to dealer issues

I had cause to ring Taggarts of Glasgow today re the ever growing list of issues to discuss with them.

The car for initial problems was booked in around the beginning of March for a couple of campaigns that needed done and the N/S/R window and blind inoperative, they booked me in for 15th march 2018.
I was rescheduled for 19.03.2018 and the work was carried out. I was "given" an XE as a courtesy car although I was asked to pay £18 towards the cost of insurance per day, hmm ok.
A short while later I advised of further issues as below.....

1. The O/S/R window and blind are inop ( The N/S/R was only fixed a month ago )
2. Songs on USB stick sometimes skip / jump a little here n there
3. The screen sometimes takes 20-30- secs or longer to load, has on occasion (twice now ) stayed blank / back and had to restart off / on
4. Rattles over rough / uneven ground, sounds like sunroof issues, needs checking and resolved

A little while ago, if you check records there was a issue playing dvd’s and a short circuit fix was done I believe?
It was mentioned that further issues may result in much more indepth work may result to replace loom etc.
Yesterday I had a warning triangle and the message “SOS system not available”

The car is booked in with them for a "waiting appointment" on the 5th June 2018, some 3 weeks plus down the line, which seems a long time imo.

The call today meant waiting for 11 minutes in a queue to be dealt with, went over the lists of issues and asked if , due to work commitments we could rearrange for Friday 8th June. This was met with the following.....

The car is now booked in for 19th June / 20th June as a "waiting appointment, no courtesy car, this is 3 weeks down the line
Should I require a courtesy car, the appointment will be 18th July 2018, some SEVEN WEEKS further down the line, which I find unacceptable, and said so.
The issue I have is that there is almost 2 months of warranty gone / disappeared in that timescale and not very Jaguar like imo, so this was escalated to the Jaguar CRC dept and a reference was given, for the case to be dealt with.
My gripe is the extremely long lead times whilst the warranty on the car simply disappears AND then being asked to pay for a courtesy car while the car is in for remedial work to be carried out to fix issues that shouldn't be there in the first place on a car at 2 and a half years old with 22k miles on the clock.

I expressed to Jaguar CRC that their dept was viewed with less than favourable results in the main ( albeit a few have had good results ) and wanted to see what their thoughts were and what they could do to help resolve them.

I await my Customer care representative getting in touch to discuss where this goes from here and have high hopes at present but will advise .....
Time will tell....I will of course update as and when

Jim

Old 05-31-2018, 05:07 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JimC64
I had cause to ring Taggarts of Glasgow today re the ever growing list of issues to discuss with them.

The car for initial problems was booked in around the beginning of March for a couple of campaigns that needed done and the N/S/R window and blind inoperative, they booked me in for 15th march 2018.
I was rescheduled for 19.03.2018 and the work was carried out. I was "given" an XE as a courtesy car although I was asked to pay £18 towards the cost of insurance per day, hmm ok.
A short while later I advised of further issues as below.....

1. The O/S/R window and blind are inop ( The N/S/R was only fixed a month ago )
2. Songs on USB stick sometimes skip / jump a little here n there
3. The screen sometimes takes 20-30- secs or longer to load, has on occasion (twice now ) stayed blank / back and had to restart off / on
4. Rattles over rough / uneven ground, sounds like sunroof issues, needs checking and resolved

A little while ago, if you check records there was a issue playing dvd’s and a short circuit fix was done I believe?
It was mentioned that further issues may result in much more indepth work may result to replace loom etc.
Yesterday I had a warning triangle and the message “SOS system not available”

The car is booked in with them for a "waiting appointment" on the 5th June 2018, some 3 weeks plus down the line, which seems a long time imo.

The call today meant waiting for 11 minutes in a queue to be dealt with, went over the lists of issues and asked if , due to work commitments we could rearrange for Friday 8th June. This was met with the following.....

The car is now booked in for 19th June / 20th June as a "waiting appointment, no courtesy car, this is 3 weeks down the line
Should I require a courtesy car, the appointment will be 18th July 2018, some SEVEN WEEKS further down the line, which I find unacceptable, and said so.
The issue I have is that there is almost 2 months of warranty gone / disappeared in that timescale and not very Jaguar like imo, so this was escalated to the Jaguar CRC dept and a reference was given, for the case to be dealt with.
My gripe is the extremely long lead times whilst the warranty on the car simply disappears AND then being asked to pay for a courtesy car while the car is in for remedial work to be carried out to fix issues that shouldn't be there in the first place on a car at 2 and a half years old with 22k miles on the clock.

I expressed to Jaguar CRC that their dept was viewed with less than favourable results in the main ( albeit a few have had good results ) and wanted to see what their thoughts were and what they could do to help resolve them.

I await my Customer care representative getting in touch to discuss where this goes from here and have high hopes at present but will advise .....
Time will tell....I will of course update as and when

Jim
Good morning Jim,

Thank you for your comment on the thread.

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing the concerns raised in your post.

I note that you have raised a case within the Customer Experience Centre however if you require any further assistance please kindly PM me your vehicle identification number along with your full address and contact number.

Thanks, Stacie

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CRC@Jaguar
Good morning Jim,

Thank you for your comment on the thread.

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing the concerns raised in your post.

I note that you have raised a case within the Customer Experience Centre however if you require any further assistance please kindly PM me your vehicle identification number along with your full address and contact number.

Thanks, Stacie

Hi Stacie, please see below....

Stacie, my case reference number is 800550550
I was told that a case manager had 48 hours to get in touch, so expecting a call tomorrow morning at some point.

"There is now also a Technical Bulletin released in July 2014 for –
‘creaking noises during driving from the panoramic roof centre area, only when opening panel is in the closed position, during vehicle torsional inputs. This bulletin is a potential addition to work described in campaign K117 as this particular concern will normally occur whilst driving over undulations in the road, such as, but not exclusively – drain covers, traffic calming measures and uneven road surfaces, with the roof panel closed’

This bulletin instructs to carry out certain modifications to the existing panel to help alleviate contact/movement within the mechanism.
As this operation would not have been a warranty situation after the expiration of the new car warranty I cannot tell if this has already been carried out by another or indeed your selling dealer"

I called Pentland Jaguar today, new branch opened in Stirling so equidistant from Taggarts for me anyway, probably slightly easier if the truth be known

Without even really trying they can see me for a "waiting" or car left with them appointment for Tuesday 5th June ( which doesn't suit unfortunately ) so booked in for the 11th June for issues to be checked over.
I'm aware that perhaps one or more of the issues may be fixed but some re booking may be involved for longer periods to get to the root of others, fair enough...

A courtesy car would still be charged for ( £12 ) instead of ( £18 ) this due to the number of accidents in loan cars, as explained. Still not ideal but at least there's an explanation with it.

The whole process seemed quicker and generally more professional, we'll see how it goes from here.

Still no word from Jaguar CRC although they did say a case manager has 48 hours to get in touch!

My gripes are that a car that cost around £86k new and is a little over 2 and a half years old shouldn't be having these many issues.
The sunroof for example is a very well known and well documented with a TSB having been released around July 2014, see below and still having issues on a 2016 car.

The time taken to get booked in, around 3 weeks, almost 7 weeks + if you want a courtesy car that isn't a courtesy car but has to essentially be paid for. The
screen issues are a particular concern of mine, as due to the nature it controls everything on the car, if it fails, almost nothing is accessible.

Jaguar CRC have taken a certain amount of flak on the forums as it seems a lot of enquiries haven't been resolved to the customers satisfaction. To be fair there have been a few that have....
We have supported CRC and asked everyone to give it a chance, it will get better and improve.
I guess from a personal perspective, this is your chance to show us all what you can do.

I hope to hear.
Best regards

Pm sent....

Jim

Old 06-01-2018, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

I just had Adeel from the CRC team off the phone, discussing my issues.....

They cannot interfere with the dealers scheduling appointments it seems and can do little at present.

The car is booked in for 11th June and we'll see where we go from there. I'v stated that my biggest concern is that the factory warranty is being eaten up, by these wait times of 4 - 7 weeks (dependent on requiring a courtesy car ) which isn't a courtesy car as it needs a payment of £12 per day

The warranty is fast running out, albeit I'll ad another year at least, BUT that's not the point.

So, little they can do at this moment in time, that may change when the car is with the dealer...we'll see I guess.

Jim

Old 06-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Have to say to date that both Pentland Jaguar in Stirling and the Jaguar CRC team have really stepped up.....

Very quick responses, good communication, issues being dealt with promptly and a nice courtesy car too into the bargain.

Suffice to say I'm very impressed to date and find trouble faulting them, thank you very much, really appreciated

Jim

The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-17-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member

I got the call from the dealership late am today that my car was ready....

So pleased to be able to get back into the big cat, the RR Evoque was nice, but mine is a much nicer place to be....

To be honest, up to my armpits in it at the moment so only a 12 mile road test on the 3way home with Radio etc all turned off, in silence and just LISTENING

So far all seems good, all nice n quiet and as it should be. Everything else all seems as it should too, although really don't have the time to check in depth at the moment. I'll keep a close eye on it over the coming days and weeks and get everything else all checked out as well.

I'll report back as and when, but, at the moment, just silence!

As far as the CRC team go?
In all honesty, I've had several phone calls back n forth from them, they've been in touch with the dealer on my behalf helping to drive things forward etc and have no complaints
Thanks much appreciated

Jim