Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Afraid to post on here..

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by JimC64
I didn't quote your post, but wanted the quote tag to be available in case there is another post between this and yours.

From my point of view, you just prove my statements and I'll leave it at that with my low post count.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

So, no word from the OP for 2 days on this so called hot topic? Must not be that big of a deal then.

Maybe just a drive by stirring of the pot.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (01-19-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,935 Likes on 5,285 Posts

[...] Most threads are left to waft along without much interruption of any kind,[...]
I admit my experience isn't as lengthy as many others', but this very allowance of wandering threads into areas beyond the original topic (sometimes WELL beyond) is one of the things I Most appreciate about this place! I've learned some Really valuable things in hijacked thread wanderings.

I belong to several other groups too, and None has this tolerance of veering off topic in a thread. One group is moderated by someone best described as a Little Hitler, who doesn't even allow threads that aren't on topic by his definition, let alone wandering within a thread. 'Offending' posts/threads are summarily deleted without warning or notice; they're just Gone.

Respect begets respect, I was taught as a child, and there is no shortage of that here.
(';')

The following 3 users liked this post by LnrB:
Grant Francis (01-19-2015), JimC64 (01-19-2015), o1xjr (01-20-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 250 Likes on 139 Posts

Are you as equal as them?
The pc answer is yes of course you are, in truth, no you are not.

Are you listened to, does your opinion matter, yes of course you are and yes it does matter.....
When its weighed against the majority of more senior members in terms of longevity / experience and post count, not so much.

Can I get you some ointment to put on that burn???

Old 01-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000JagLvr
So, no word from the OP for 2 days on this so called hot topic? Must not be that big of a deal then.

Maybe just a drive by stirring of the pot.

Yes it is a little strange.

To be fair, he's a new member with 16 posts and hasn't been online here since he made that post

Is it just me or are we being just a little suspicious guys?
After all it's not like we're inundated with trolls.

I for one genuinely hope he comes back and can perhaps shed some light on the topic.

I'd be keen to see if maybe we can improve in certain areas.

The following 2 users liked this post by JimC64:
Grant Francis (01-19-2015), o1xjr (01-20-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking reply

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Can't say I share your view. I joined this forum several weeks ago, and, by and large, I've found the members to be overwhelmingly positive and welcoming. Certainly they have lots of good advice, even if they have a diverse range of opinions.

I assume you're referring to the thread about the black bonnet/roof on the firesand car. Cosmetic appeal is highly subjective, and radical ideas usually polarize opinion.

A bit of grown up banter and stirring never hurt anyone, as long as it's not personal.

Mate, if that sort of stuff upsets you, don't come to Australia. You'll be seriously upset and confused 10 minutes after you leave the airport. We have very thick skins down here, and don't take ourselves too seriously!

Oh, welcome, by the way.

Tell us more about your car and yourself. Don't be afraid to post - what would you like to say?

Old 01-20-2015, 02:17 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Originally Posted by LnrB
I've learned some Really valuable things in hijacked thread wanderings.

I belong to several other groups too, and None has this tolerance of veering off topic in a thread.
(';')
As I have said many times on here, I see nothing wrong with drifting off topic in a thread. Keeps it interesting and you get to know a bit about members and how they see things.
I also have learned many valuable things from threads that have drifted away from the OP's topic.

It only takes one post to get the thread back on track.

The following 2 users liked this post by o1xjr:
Grant Francis (01-20-2015), LnrB (01-20-2015)
Old 01-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by o1xjr
As I have said many times on here, I see nothing wrong with drifting off topic in a thread. Keeps it interesting and you get to know a bit about members and how they see things.
I also have learned many valuable things from threads that have drifted away from the OP's topic.

It only takes one post to get the thread back on track.
On the other hand, the OP may not appreciate having his post hijacked. I see it happening once in a while in tech posts where a second owner jumps in with 'exactly the same problem' (usually 'not really the same').

The OP gets forgotten about.

The following users liked this post:
o1xjr (01-20-2015)