Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

What happens to the Photos Uploaded on the Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,599 Posts
Default What happens to the Photos Uploaded on the Forum?

As most of you know, there are at least a couple of ways of Uploading your Photos to the Forum.

The First is from a Hosting Site like Photobucket.

And the other and some say more easier way, is to Upload them directly from this page by Clicking on the Yellow Square above.

The one that looks as if its got two Pyramids and a Postage Stamp on it, which I think in 'Photospeak' is called a 'Histogram'

If you Upload a Photo using Photobucket and later remove that Photo from Photobucket, you can remove that Photo from your Post and then it will Show up on here as Image no longer available (or something like that)

But if you Upload your Photos using the Pyramid 'Thingy' what happens to those Photos?

Are they kept on 'The Cloud' somewhere, so that you cannot delete them.

Also what would happen if you deleted the Photo from your Computer, would it still appear on your Post or would it show up as 'Image no longer available'

Would it still be possible to request that one of your Photos is deleted from a Post, if for instance you wanted to replace it with another one?

Old 07-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

If you want to change a photo you could probably go back to your post and edit it. They stay with the old posts. Deleting them on you computer wouldn't make a difference as the are stored on this forums server.

The following users liked this post:
orangeblossom (07-06-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 01:06 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

I've moved your question to the Feedback section.

I don't have the answer to your question myself but i'm sure one of the team who knows will be along soon.

For sure once the picture is uploaded to the forum it's "safe" and won't be lost, it will always be there in your post.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:38 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeblossom
.... if you Upload your Photos using the Pyramid 'Thingy' what happens to those Photos? Are they kept on 'The Cloud' somewhere, so that you cannot delete them. ....
They are stored on forum owner (Internet Brands) servers. Members have a limited time to edit posts so you cannot go back weeks or month later and delete them.

.... Also what would happen if you deleted the Photo from your Computer, would it still appear on your Post or would it show up as 'Image no longer available' ....
YES, it still appears. The photo is on the forum servers so deleting it from your computer does NOT remove it from the post.

.... Would it still be possible to request that one of your Photos is deleted from a Post, if for instance you wanted to replace it with another one?
YES - the Moderator Team always have unrestricted access to posts and can remove or replace a photo at any time. I've done this a few times for members.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 07-06-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,599 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
They are stored on forum owner (Internet Brands) servers. Members have a limited time to edit posts so you cannot go back weeks or month later and delete them.

YES, it still appears. The photo is on the formum servers so deleting it from your computer does NOT remove it from the post.

YES - the Moderator Team always have unrestricted access to posts and can remove or replace a photo at any time. I've done this a few times for members.

Graham
Cheers Graham

That's the Perfect answer to my Question.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:53 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

For the benefit of anyone following this thread in future, my answers in post #4 refer only to photos uploaded to the forum.

The alternative method of linking to offline storage will always give an 'image no longer available' message if the original is subsequently moved to a different path by the poster.

We have many excellent technical threads where this has happened which can make it difficult for readers to follow them without the photos. This is why my preferred method of attaching photos to posts is to upload them.

Graham