New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

A new member,

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new member,

Hi all ,

Name is Lee And recently purchased a 2001 3lt s type jaguar, it has some problems but hopefully will get them all sorted with some of your good selves help.
A little about me : I am very mechanically minded however not on cars, Helicopters, so until they start fitting gas turbine engines to cars, I rely on the power of google and other peoples Knowledge. For Work I am a helicopter mechanic for the royal navy, Hobbies include computers, rugby,
Please dont hesitate to ask me any questions on computers anything at all as I am very computer literate.

Cheers Lee

Old 06-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,437 Likes on 1,942 Posts

Well, if you can fix a helicopter, a Jaguar S-type should be a doddle !

The 3 litre V6 engine is very reliable, and there are few issues with these cars, except the suspension components which are not really troublesome, it's just the price of replacements once the joints wear out.

Fortunately the Jaguar aftermarket has now come to the rescue, so prices are now much less than Jaguar main agents will try to make you pay. Example is the rear lower suspension arm where Jaguar want £470 whereas you can get them on the internet, (same manufacturer) for about half this. These suspension parts are the same as on the aluminium XJs and the XFs, so Jaguar really has no excuse about limited production, in fact I believe some US Ford cars use them as well. Separate joints are also available for pressing in, but you need to be really careful as the arms are aluminium, not forged steel.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 193 Likes on 161 Posts

I agree with Fraser, if you can turn wrenches on helicoptors, you'll be fine

Old 06-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

It's only nuts and bolts, you can do it.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Default thanks

thanks for the welcome and the support , I understand its just nuts and bolts and i can turn wrenches on them no problem my main concern is component location and what it actually does lol Im not clued up on car engines at all, however the past couple of days I have managed to take off the intake manifold replace coil packs and fuel injector connectors (few damaged) now awaiting new gaskets etc to fit it all back together,
and thats thanks to this place and some great detailed posts
cheers lee

Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello Lee and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info hopefully now I have put my car in the signature,

Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Lee, welcome to the forum. When you can post a pic or two of your s-type. Best of luck with your new Jag and have a good time here.