New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

Hey all,

My name is TJ, I'm from the Milwaukee area, currently a second year student studying mechanical engineering at Michigan Tech University. I bought a '98 Dakota at age 16 and it's time for it to go. It was fun to own and I'll soon be selling it back to the original owner as soon as I decide what vehicle I want next. That's what brings me here.

I'm looking for a car with AWD (get tons of snow in the upper peninsula), manual (for enjoyment), MPG's in the double digits (truck struggles to meet that), comfortable for long trips, cheap cost and still manage to turn heads. X-type naturally caught my eye, not to mention I love Jaguar's rich racing history.

I'm big into snowboarding/skiing, wakeboarding, mountain biking, motorcycling, boating and much more. Love animals, bigcat's are my favorite. Sucks that they're all almost endangered.

Here's a picture of my truck!

Name:  Spring2010042-1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  Spring2010012-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  86.0 KB

Old 11-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Did you buy your truck from your Mom? That's usually the only place to get a deal like that.

Good luck with the search.

Last edited by Norri; 11-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM

Ha, no I bought it from a guy in Ohio. He said if I ever think about selling it to let him know. I think his wife was having a baby and they needed some extra money. So I emailed him a few weeks ago, caught a up a little bit and he said he'd be happy to buy it back.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like an X Type estate would suit you.

Good to see you.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Translator
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like an X Type estate would suit you.

Good to see you.

That is what I was thinking! Not sure you could fit a motorcycle inside. Or a big cat for that matter. But a bike rack, ski rack, or kayak on top would look awesome.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,695 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Welcome Bigcat to the forum. Are you sure that you won't need that truck for all that snow up there? Don't get me wrong, don't you need something with ground clearance. I have been to the U.P. many times snowmobiling and I know the snow that the Northeast U.P. accumulates.

Good luck in your search.

Enjoy all the site has to offer!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by mohrd
That is what I was thinking! Not sure you could fit a motorcycle inside. Or a big cat for that matter. But a bike rack, ski rack, or kayak on top would look awesome.
Bike rack/snowboard rack is going on for sure once I find one. As for the motorcycle goes, I might look into finding a, um... trailer hitch for it. But I've never been a fan of towing stuff with a car, nor do I want to damage anything so I'll see how I manage without one.

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Welcome Bigcat to the forum. Are you sure that you won't need that truck for all that snow up there? Don't get me wrong, don't you need something with ground clearance. I have been to the U.P. many times snowmobiling and I know the snow that the Northeast U.P. accumulates.

Good luck in your search.

Enjoy all the site has to offer!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I have thought pretty hard about keeping the truck - both for the snow and hauling the motorcycle. True about the crazy amount of snow, but at the same time I don't rely on my vehicle to get to school. My housemates and I carpool in his jeep if it's too cold to walk. The truck is incredibly useful up here, but at 15mpg MAX, going home is expensive. Also, on a side note, I co-op every other semester at a company in Southern Indiana and this spring I will be down there where I need to drive to work every day and snow isn't nearly as bad.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forum TJ from TJ (twojags).

Hope you find the X Type of your dreams.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the site, to have you here with us here at JF.
Nice intro thanks for sharing with us......cool pics of a cool looking truck
You'll be made very welcome here

The X type with its AWD is the way to go.....sexy looking vehicle too!!

Hope we can help with any issues / questions you may have Some great guys here, top techs, good info and more than a few laughs here n there, so jump in and enjoy......

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.......enjoy your time here