New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member from France

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New member from France

Well,
I just arrived in this forum....
I found it because I have an issue with my S type that I can't fix.

I have two Jaguars. A S type V8 4.0 2001 with only 50 000 km (31 000 miles) and a XJS 3.6 manual gear box (1986 tbc).

When I was young, I was impressed by the engine of the Giulia alfa romeo (it would be in 1969...). Later, I decided to collect all the salon car with this engine. I need only one to success, the Giulietta 1955. I have also a GTV 2l 1981, lancia Fulvia Zagato, 356.

I am a french guy working in aircraft electronic engine control at Toulouse.

Since one year, I have an issue with my S type. When I turn on right (not on small road, only on rapid turn like motorway) the engine is not working well, like when you arrive at the end of the fuel tank with carburators.
I use a simple OBD tool and the car had never reported any fault. I had captured the fuel pressure, it's ok, no issue with the fuel pump.
Recently, I had captured some over range in mode $06 however my tool tell me that they are not standard test but specific Jaguar.
They are the following tests:
TID CID
53 7
54 0
56 0

I found on the Jaguar documentation the descriptions and teh conditions to start the mode 06 tests, but I can't link them to the TID/CID identification. I went to your post but can't find.
If somebody can help me....

Happy New year to all....

Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Richard, welcome to this friendly Forum.Bonne Année Bonne Santé
You've found your way to the S Type section, that would be the place to post your problems.
You've got me beaten with your codes - the OBD codes you should be seeing all begin with P followed by 4 numbers.
Your English is excellent BTW.
There's a European section here
Europe - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Received 6,249 Likes on 5,449 Posts

Welcome to the forum Richard,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM
GGG
Received 16,790 Likes on 12,164 Posts

Welcome to the forum Richard,

Intermittent faults are the worst to troubleshoot!

Presumably there's no pending or stored DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) and that's the reason you opted to go direct to Mode $06 TID (Test Identification) and CID (Component Identification) raw data?

The description of the engine fault sounds like temporary fuel starvation, especially as it must be below the mandatory threshold to set a DTC.

If you post the question and results in S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum S-Type section, one of the techs may have come across the same issue and be able to help.

Graham

Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Graham,
you are right, no DTC. Initially (I work on it since Nov 2011....) I thought fuel. I changed the fuel filter (and many others filter and parts, including tensioner and fuel tank). I disasemble the fuel pump, it perfect.
I went to the OBD tool and I measured the fuel pressure. It is correct and stable, including when the issue occur.

I went to the S type section. It is amazing the mass of information... I need to leave this to found my new friends....

Thanks a lot for your welcome. I would be happy with you, even if I have to confese that I prefer my marvelous (and simpler than Jag) Alfa engines....

Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
GGG
Received 16,790 Likes on 12,164 Posts

Richard,

Although this question is best taken to the S-Type section so more members with the same model will see it and may have a solution, I'll put forward one suggestion here. The fuel rail has both a fuel pressure and a fuel temperature sensor. As you've eliminated the pump, filter and actual pressure, either of these sensors could be sending an incorrect signal to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module).

Graham

Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Welcome to the forum Richard. Good luck with sorting this one out.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Richard, from another Richard although further north from you.

I hope the S Typers can get you sorted.

Good to see you.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................