PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

1994 XJ6 4 dr., door weatherstrip, r.ft.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1994 XJ6 4 dr., door weatherstrip, r.ft.

Needing a door weatherstrip for a 1994 XJ6 4 dr, right front. This is the weatherstrip that attaches to the body, around the door opening and under the sill plate. I have no weatherstrip at all on that door. The other doors will need the weatherstripping replaced, but at a later date.
I have access to a 1995 XJ6 for parts, but the weatherstripping on that car is different. If anyone needs parts for a 1995, ask, and I'll see what's available. I believe parts will be very reasonable from this car, as the owner is strictly a recycler, but will sell parts, at times. Car is due to be crushed in two weeks. Thanks, David.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will check on Tuesday and let you know if it is still there but I am not sure. I believe that I have one but just can't physically look at the car until then. Just for clarification also, is the right side the passenger side? Glad to see in your other post for the engine parts that you got it back up and running. It is nice to see a follow up like that.

Best Regards

Chris

Old 12-04-2011, 06:35 PM

stimie02....Thanks for your reply. Yes, rt. front door is passenger side front. I'll look forward to your reply as to availability. I've had to re-install the weatherstrip on parts of the other doors, and it is a pain!. Thanks, David.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Sorry to say but the one that I have has a small tear on both sides 1 inch each as well as at the bottom a tear about 4 inches in length. As difficult as it is to install the seal I would think you would not want a damaged one. Good luck tracking one down.

Best regards ------ Chris

Old 12-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Chris.... Thanks for the information on the weatherstrip. Even one with a tear or two might be better than none at all. I've done some patching w/ silicone and some small diameter tubing inside to repair weatherstrips in the past, and it might work on this also. Let me know if you would be willing to let go of this piece as is, and $ needed. Thanks, David.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Hi David,

If you are comfortable than I am as well. I will take a few pictures of it and post them here so that you can see the torn spots. I already removed it from the Jag though so you will have to see it off of the car. How about $25 shipped to you. I think that is fair for it. Just pay me through PayPal. They are the easiest. My email address is chrishelbing@hotmail.com linked to the PayPal account. Either PM with your mailing address or just notate it in the comments section when you make the payment. In the meantime I will hose it off/clean it up, get you a few pictures, and stick it in a box for you. By the way did you need decent ones for either of the two rear doors. Both of these on the back are pretty good with no tears in them. The other driver side front door is garbage though, the bottom threshold has tons of tears in it from being used so much. Also out of curiosity, how far are you from Birmingham?

Thanks in advance and best regards ----- Chris

Old 12-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Chris, Thanks for the weatherstrip I needed for the XJ6. I'll try to get it in tomorrow. I also appreciate the extra one for one of the other doors. David.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:56 PM

Chris, Thanks for sending out the extra weatherstrip for the '94 xj6. I haven't had a chance to get it installed yet, but with other projects, but maybe next week when I get a car out of the building and make some room for working. Just what I've looked at, it looks to be a somewhat of a time- consuming project. I believe I might try to reinforce the lower and lower rear edge of the door weatherstrip to limit the tearing of the rubber upon entry and exit. A rubber "shield" on the outside edge might do it. I'm going to glue a piece of bicycle innertube to the gasket where the most affected areas would be. (On a piece of old gasket first, for a test fit). Can't be too thick of a piece, as it would affect the proper closing of the door. David.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Happy New Year David,

I absolutely understand about having more projects to work on than time. I am happy to send you the other gasket. The first one that I sent was in considerably worse shape than the second one. The second box was the better passenger side front door. The first box had the rougher passenger front and then the better weatherstrip was for the rear door. Let me know when you get it finished and how it turns out.

Best regards ----- Chris