S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 S-Type Auto Lock Doors/Boot

Old 12-23-2018, 10:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2005 S-Type Auto Lock Doors/Boot

Hello All. My 2005 S-Type just started doing something strange. The car usually auto-locks the doors as soon as I start to move. I suddenly noticed it stopped doing that. I next noticed the boot did not open when I pressed the dashboard button. A soon as I shut the car off, the boot button worked. The boot will not open by using the button under the truck lid. However, all of these functions work when I use the key fob. If the car is turned off, the boot button works. I have searched every thread I can find to see if there is a match, but mostly what I'm finding is a battery problem. The battery is fine. The valet button has not been activated. The fuses all seem to beseated and working. When I drove to pick up a friend, I pulled over, put the car in park and pressed the trunk lid button, but nothing happened. When I shut off the car and pressed it, it worked. This just started in the past few days. Also, my memory buttons for A & B stopped working also. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what might be causing this. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay. No responses, so I'm guessing I am the only Jag owner who has this issue. Now phase 2 of the same/similar issue. I checked every single fuse in the system in all 3 locations and nothing is blown. I'm curious as to why the trunk release stopped working when the car is running. If I turn it off, the button works fine. The door lock thing also happened at the same time. When I put the car in either drive or reverse and moved the car faster than 3 mph, the doors auro locked. Frankly, I found that annoying and defeated the feature in my Ford Edge with a series of key moves, but was told this feature was activated by the transmission and could not be defeated. One the one hand, I should be grateful the feature stopped working, but the fact it stopped wotking indicates a system malfunction, the remedy to which I cannot find. I also discoved moisture affects certain options on the car. I dry weather, the front, rear and side intrusion alarms work fine. Someone walks too close, the alarm goes off in front. Someone comes in too close behind me, the alarm sounds. But when it's raining, the alarm sounds for no reason as I'm driving. I have to reach up and silence it or it will continue to sound. I'm not even close to being a mechanic, but it strikes me if the button and the solenoid work when the car is turned off, but doesn't when the car is running, then neither the button nor the accompanying selonoid electronics are at fault. If they were, they would not work regardless of the operating condition. Which begs the question. What happened to change the way it works? If anyone has any suggestions, I'd very much appreciate hearing them. Thank you.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:48 AM
GGG
Received 16,760 Likes on 12,149 Posts

Welcome to the forum FhvnEd,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to S-Type forum. This is the place to post technical questions about your model.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 01-07-2019, 03:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

For me, lack of formatting makes it too hard to read.