S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CDC and the Fiber Optic Cable

Old 07-18-2018, 08:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CDC and the Fiber Optic Cable

Hello,

I've recently bought a CDC and then I found out that the car wasn't pre-wired so I bought an Optic Fibre Cable which is OEM and was on another S-Type at it's turn. But now I am at a dead end, I cannot install the CDC because the Harness I bought was a complete system which does not fit mine, is there any way to remove the CD Partition of the Harness and put it into the Harness of my Car? Because I have noticed that the Navigation and CDC are a combined harness in other examples. The Harness I bought off Ebay contains the following partitions NAVIGATION, VOICE MODULE, PHONE MODULE, CDC. My Harness contains the following partitions NAVIGATION, PHONE/VOICE MODULE and one more thing, any idea what those INLINE TO 14A005 labeled cables are supposed to be?

Good day,
Turkay

Last edited by Turkay Istek; 07-18-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Turkay Istek
Hello,

I've recently bought a CDC and then I found out that the car wasn't pre-wired so I bought an Optic Fibre Cable which is OEM and was on another S-Type at it's turn. But now I am at a dead end, I cannot install the CDC because the Harness I bought was a complete system which does not fit mine, is there any way to remove the CD Partition of the Harness and put it into the Harness of my Car? Because I have noticed that the Navigation and CDC are a combined harness in other examples. The Harness I bought off Ebay contains the following partitions NAVIGATION, VOICE MODULE, PHONE MODULE, CDC. My Harness contains the following partitions NAVIGATION, PHONE/VOICE MODULE and one more thing, any idea what those INLINE TO 14A005 labeled cables are supposed to be?

Good day,
Turkay

yes you can disassemble the D2p plug and add or remove plugs.
beware of any small parts falling out .

if yo have a look at this link you will see the clips holding the plug together .

also in post 3 Mellow states the order the loop must travel to the components .

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...stereo-205132/

Last edited by Datsports; 07-18-2018 at 06:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Turkay Istek (07-20-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Datsports

yes you can disassemble the D2p plug and add or remove plugs.
beware of any small parts falling out .

if yo have a look at this link you will see the clips holding the plug together .

also in post 3 Mellow states the order the loop must travel to the components .

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...stereo-205132/
Thanks for the reply, but is there any guide on how to disassemble the D2P Plug? I'll send a picture of mine.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:10 AM

Also the cables from my Navigation and Phone/Voice Module units. Maybe it helps, don't know what to do anymore :P

Is there any way for me to add the CD D2P to the INLINE TO 14A005 and NAVIGATION Links? Because I think it should fit there.

Last edited by Turkay Istek; 07-19-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:40 AM
Received 265 Likes on 203 Posts

The d2b cable is a loop from the head unit. Each connector has an in and and out there is an arrow on the plug that shows what one.
There is a fixed sequence of the modules as follows:

Audio Head Unit (female socket)
CD Autochanger
Telephone Module
Voice Control Module
Navigation Control Module DVD
Premium sound Power Amplifier
Then back to the Audio Head Unit (female socket)

So your CDC unit has to go between the female socket and the telephone module.

The connectors just unclip it is obvious how to do this when you look at them, I use a small watchmakers flat blade screwdriver to take them apart. There is a spring and small white colar on each fiber cable inside the plug.

You will have to select the length of fiber cable that is correct to easily go between the units without stretching. It is also a good idea to ensure the fiber cables do not rub together or on to any metal or in time they may ware through and fail.

Because the leads come apart to fit an extra module and all the male plugs and cables are interchangeable between modules you only need to purchase a one-way d2d lead to fit an extra module.

The SDD software is not needed to add the CD changer, most latter cars will just detect it and it will work as soon as it is connected, but you may need to go into the head unit hidden menu to activate it.
Please note that once installed and working although the CD changer will work with the buttons and the touch screen if your car has voice control but has never had a CD changer fitted the the CD changer voice control commands will not work without re-programing the voice module with the Jaguar SDD software. (I found this out when I fitted my CD changer.)

Last edited by M-e-l-l-o-w; 07-20-2018 at 04:55 AM.
Turkay Istek (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by M-e-l-l-o-w
The d2b cable is a loop from the head unit. Each connector has an in and and out there is an arrow on the plug that shows what one.
There is a fixed sequence of the modules as follows:

Audio Head Unit (female socket)
CD Autochanger
Telephone Module
Voice Control Module
Navigation Control Module DVD
Premium sound Power Amplifier
Then back to the Audio Head Unit (female socket)

So your CDC unit has to go between the female socket and the telephone module.

The connectors just unclip it is obvious how to do this when you look at them, I use a small watchmakers flat blade screwdriver to take them apart. There is a spring and small white colar on each fiber cable inside the plug.

You will have to select the length of fiber cable that is correct to easily go between the units without stretching. It is also a good idea to ensure the fiber cables do not rub together or on to any metal or in time they may ware through and fail.

Because the leads come apart to fit an extra module and all the male plugs and cables are interchangeable between modules you only need to purchase a one-way d2d lead to fit an extra module.

The SDD software is not needed to add the CD changer, most latter cars will just detect it and it will work as soon as it is connected, but you may need to go into the head unit hidden menu to activate it.
Please note that once installed and working although the CD changer will work with the buttons and the touch screen if your car has voice control but has never had a CD changer fitted the the CD changer voice control commands will not work without re-programing the voice module with the Jaguar SDD software. (I found this out when I fitted my CD changer.)

So from what I've understood, I have to remove the CDC Fiber Link from the Lead I bought off Ebay and add it to my lead which contains the Female Socket and the Phone/Voice Module Plug?

Edit: It's the first time when I work with a Fiber Optic Cables on a car, gonna give it a go this Saturday, been leaving it off way to much. (3 months and counting since I bought the CDC Unit xD)

Last edited by Turkay Istek; 07-20-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Turkay Istek
So from what I've understood, I have to remove the CDC Fiber Link from the Lead I bought off Ebay and add it to my lead which contains the Female Socket and the Phone/Voice Module Plug?

Edit: It's the first time when I work with a Fiber Optic Cables on a car, gonna give it a go this Saturday, been leaving it off way to much. (3 months and counting since I bought the CDC Unit xD)
Yes that is correct. Between the female and the Phone module.

The phone and voice control modules are two separate units.

The voice unit looks like this:

The phone module looks like this:

Or if you are lucky and have the later phone module it looks like this:

Old 10-08-2018, 06:45 AM

Many thanks good chaps! I've managed to bring the CDC to life, to be right it took me 1 hour, but nothing compares to the happines of seeing it work!

Norri (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 10:08 AM

I am glad it all went ok, Well done.

There are a couple of things to note about the CDC:

First the cartridge is the same as the older Alpine CDC's fitted in Jaguars as long ago as the XJ40. (These are often cheaper than the later ones!!)

The CDC does not like bumps when it is playing!
This can cause the music to drop out or if it is changing disks it can stop it from working with a disk half in and an error on the screen!
Often just turning the ignition off and on will sort this out, sometimes it needs the cartridge eject button to be pressed.
Occasionally this will not sort it out, if that happens and it keeps coming up with an error with one CD half out of the cartridge you need to very slightly move the disk back into the changer. (Not out into the cartridge.)
However the best thing is if you know you are going over a bumpy road stop playing the CDC!
As I mentioned unless your car had a CDC from new the voice control commands will not work without using the Jaguar SDD software to make the voice control module re-learn what other modules are on the system.

Mellow

Last edited by M-e-l-l-o-w; 10-08-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Turkay Istek (10-09-2018)