New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Jaguar s type restricted preformence

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar s type restricted preformence

Hi guys this is my first post. I just bought this 2005 s type it has 100k miles on it but it's the regular 4.2 not the R. Anyways after I bought it's been about 2 weeks and I'm already having a whole bunch of problems with it. It drove excellent with no issues at all for a couple of days then when one when I was starting it it's idle was really rough it was literally going down and almost about to die out then goes back up but it stablizes after 2 minutes. I was reading around and seen I had the same problems and some others that posted so first I got a regular tune up done thinking it would help not really. Then I changed the transmission fluid and the gasket became it was leaking but I'm still having the same problems when driving it goes into safe mode and won't change outta gear 4 unless I turn the car off and back on. When I get to 3rpm and jerks a lot and won't go past it. It will drive fine for the first 10 minutes then will randomly tell me gearbox fault and restricted preformence. I know the fuel pump is messed up to because I never tells the right amount of fuel and even told me fuel pump system fault. I bought a little code reader and even after I changed the spark plunges it still says
P

Old 01-19-2018, 08:36 PM

P0171P0300,P0301,P0302,P0303,P0305,P0306,P1316,P10 00
Sorry I clicked post before I typed the codes but if anyone can help I'd really appreciate because I don't know what else to do

Old 01-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

Welcome to the forums someone will be along directly to point you in the right direction.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:36 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:10 AM
Received 10,312 Likes on 6,822 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

The S Type Tech section will have answers for those dose, so a quickie repost in there will get the answers flowing.

My thoughts, fuel filter, HOW OLD??. Battery, HOW OLD??. These 2 items reek havoc with these mobile tech loaded cars.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:32 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ahmadx955,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ed-v8-x200-15/ to the S-Type forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You haven't included details of your Location (City/State) so I can't give you a link to the relevant Region forum.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 01-20-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:42 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by Ahmadx955
P0171P0300,P0301,P0302,P0303,P0305,P0306,P1316,P10 00
Sorry I clicked post before I typed the codes but if anyone can help I'd really appreciate because I don't know what else to do
Please use LINE BREAKS in your posts. A single block of text is difficult to read.

P0171: Bank 1 combustion too lean
P0300: Random misfire detected
P0301: Misfire detected – cylinder 1
P0302: Misfire detected – cylinder 2
P0303: Misfire detected – cylinder 3
P0305: Misfire detected – cylinder 4
P0306: Misfire detected – cylinder 6
P1316: Misfire excess emission
P1000: Status indicating OnBoard Monitoring Tests not completed

It could be ignition coil failures on cylinders 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 but insufficient fuel delivery is a very likely cause.

Now you know what the codes mean, go to the S-Type forum to ask further questions.

Graham

Old 01-20-2018, 05:00 AM
Received 4,182 Likes on 3,645 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 01-20-2018, 05:18 AM
Received 3,817 Likes on 2,791 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:42 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Ahmadx955,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 01-20-2018, 09:25 AM

I changed the rural filter and air filter along with the battery it's brand new still same problems. And yesterday wen I was driving home the car stopped on my and started to smoke from under the hood and I smelled huge amounts of gas like something broke

Old 01-20-2018, 09:35 AM
GGG

As I suggested in post #7, the error codes are likely to be caused by low pressure on fuel delivery. Now that you can smell fuel it's gone from inconvenient to potentially dangerous. The vehicle needs towing to a place where this can be properly investigated.

Graham

Old 01-20-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
As I suggested in post #7, the error codes are likely to be caused by low pressure on fuel delivery. Now that you can smell fuel it's gone from inconvenient to potentially dangerous. The vehicle needs towing to a place where this can be properly investigated.

Graham
Thank you for your insight it's much appreciated I will have my brother tow my car to the shop. What can cause to low fuel pressure and do u think it's even worth it to continue fixing the car or get rid of it because at this point I the car is gonna run me up a lot more money. And do you have any suggestions as to where to take the car or any next steps I should take thanks.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:04 AM
GGG

Low fuel pressure is usually the result of a blocked fuel filter, a failing fuel pump or a faulty valve in the supply line. However, the smell of fuel you mention suggests it could be a leaking/broken fuel pipe or leaking injector feed.

With a Jaguar, always start troubleshooting by spending time rather than $$$ to investigate issues. Find out exactly what has failed before throwing parts at it.

I can't even begin to suggest where to take it. As I wrote in post #6, you haven't given a Location. I can only guess from your use of the word "gas" that you are in the US of A.

Graham

Old 01-20-2018, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Low fuel pressure is usually the result of a blocked fuel filter, a failing fuel pump or a faulty valve in the supply line. However, the smell of fuel you mention suggests it could be a leaking/broken fuel pipe or leaking injector feed.

With a Jaguar, always start troubleshooting by spending time rather than $$$ to investigate issues. Find out exactly what has failed before throwing parts at it.

I can't even begin to suggest where to take it. As I wrote in post #6, you haven't given a Location. I can only guess from your use of the word "gas" that you are in the US of A.

Graham
I live in nyc and I just went over to my car now and I heard dripping like water and I looked under the car and it's leaking gasoline ( my heart is broken

Old 01-20-2018, 10:55 AM
GGG

As it's dripping, it's probably a broken or disconnected fuel pipe. DANGEROUS as a fire hazard but shouldn't be too difficult or expensive to fix. Don't even think about trying to start it!

For advice on recommended repair shops in NYC, post a question in US Northeast Region forum:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-northeast-35/

This is almost certainly the cause of the rough idle and consequently the error codes you listed.

Graham

Old 01-20-2018, 12:27 PM

With that many miles it could be a fuel line, what I have seen with other brands are bad and or broken injectors. You may just need a set of injectors put in.
My Brothers girl friend came over once when I was on vacation and visiting my parents. The car smelled of gas badly. I ended up replacing all the injectors for her. Half of them were squirting gas out on top of the engine. It ran fine after that at least for a month until she totaled it.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
As it's dripping, it's probably a broken or disconnected fuel pipe. DANGEROUS as a fire hazard but shouldn't be too difficult or expensive to fix. Don't even think about trying to start it!

For advice on recommended repair shops in NYC, post a question in US Northeast Region forum:

This is almost certainly the cause of the rough idle and consequently the error codes you listed.

Graham
Okay I'll definitely check out that link I haven't tried to start it but when I put the car in neutral because it was blocking my dads car in the driveway and I moved it to the parking spot I seen it was also leaking huge amounts of oil. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse

Old 01-20-2018, 06:16 PM

That could be just gas washing oil off the engine. Think positive, as long as you can. Always deal with bad news only when you have too.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by GGG

Graham
Okay so I took it to mienke and they told me the o rings on my fuel rails were leakin so he changed them and then he said the oil leak is tranny oil from the pan and wen he took it down off the lift he said the tranny was buckling he said I must change the pan and tranny oil but I was wondering if my gearbox fault messages are really because my tranny is bad or can it just be the pan beacause it says gearbox fault and restricted performance. Please help

Quick Reply: Jaguar s type restricted preformence