US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Regional Coordinator - please welcome Midwestjag ( Scott )

Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Regional Coordinator - please welcome Midwestjag ( Scott )

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi all,
can you please help me to welcome Midwestjag ( Scott ) to the team, as our newest "Regional Cordinator" for Mid West US.

Scott's role as Regional Coordinator is to help to promote his region to the best of his ability.

Instances would include the following.......

Perhaps welcome any new members from the "new member" area and direct them to the regional area where they can chat with other like minded individuals from the same locale.

Keep order as required and if necessary.............make the mod team aware of any issues and request help as may be needed.

Discuss / organise meets and events in the region etc etc as they see fit.

Scott has been kind enough to put himself forward to help both the region and ulitmately, the forum, and as such I'm sure he'll do a great job.

If there's anything either I or any of the mod team can do to help in any way, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thanks Scott and good luck.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Received 6,239 Likes on 5,441 Posts

Congratulations Scott.

I'm sure you will do a great job, if you need any assistance just shoot off a PM.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Hi everyone:
As Jim wrote, I've volunteered my services in trying to help us Midwesterners be a bit more organized. A bit about myself: I've owned an XJ40 for about four years, picking up a second this year which I now use as my daily driver. I've had a love of Jaguar since childhood, when I would steal glimpses of my uncle's 1950s XK in the garage whenever we went over to Minnesota. I am by no means a mechanic, but if the repair is easy enough, I'm not afraid to pick up a wrench or get my hands dirty. I also have a Ford Model A on which I have done a lot of work myself. Generally I leave the Jag work to the professionals; but given the increasing age of my cars, having a forum such as this to do repair research on my own has really helped keeping them in good running order!

I've got a young and very busy family, and thus not a ton of time. Still, I'll do what I can to move things along; and I'd love to have your support in organizing local events and keeping us abreast of various club activities. I realize that our Region is VAST; and I have no expectation that anybody in southern Ohio will necessarily feel any more connected to somebody in northern Minnesota than with somebody in England! Still, it might be nice if we at least felt a bit closer to those forum members in and around our individual localities.

I also recognize that as of the time I'm writing this (late Sept '12), we are gearing up (or perhaps 'winding down') for the winter months - not necessarily the best time to suggest a rally. But perhaps by the Spring, some of us might consider putting together a couple of Jaguar/British Car drive-ins at one of the local fast-food joints. Those can be really fun, especially in conjunction with local car clubs, Jaguar or otherwise. If you are interested in putting something together, let me know and I'll help advertise.

Meanwhile, please let me know how I might assist you, or if you have any further ideas or suggestions for my new role and/or our Region.

Cheers and thanks!
Scott

The following 2 users liked this post by MidwestJag:
JimC64 (09-28-2012), joycesjag (09-29-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 536 Likes on 415 Posts

Welcome Scott! Thanks for helping out. I understand your concerns about the regions size, believe me.
Winter is a bad time for cruises but if the opportunity arises, a "tech night" is always popular if there's enough members nearby. Basically it's a social gathering in a guys garage while he works on a project, or shares a particular technique, etc.

JimC64 (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 11

Thanks for chiming in Rob, I thought you might

Scott - Have fun with it and do what you can when you can. I'm positive that having guys like you, Rob, Cameron and others onboard will pay dividends in time.

Anything that the mod team or I can do to help, please let us know.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Congrats Scott and thank you for stepping up!

As mentioned if there is anything the mod team can do to help, we're just a click away.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:05 AM
GGG
Received 16,747 Likes on 12,140 Posts

Congratulations Scott,

I'm sure you'll do an excellent job. If there's anything I can do to help, just send a PM.

Graham

Old 09-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Congrats Scott!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Congratulations and Thank you from the western suburbs of Chicago Scott. I am on my second XK8 and go around with the forum. I spend a lot of time at Lake Delavan and in Madison in the summer and would enjoy some midwest regional gatherings. Ahead of that...just as an idea... I would like to see an inventory created of who has Jag specific tools that they might be willing to share temporarily within (or outside of) the region. Maybe if you have access to all the people associated with the region something could be started...just kicking it out there. Will be in touch. Jac

Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Jac- I do like your idea about a resource list for who has what tools. Sooner or later I'd also like to tidy up the list of Jag techs and shops in our region; because that's another good source for some of those things that are quickly becoming obscure - especially for some of our older cars. But also - don't hesitate to start of new thread on that subject and see what you find!

I live near Madison - that's actually where I get my cars serviced. I'm thinking of putting out the call next spring for some kind of a rally in our neck of the woods, but we'll see. I do know there are lots of other such clubs and associations who do the same sorts of things, but with a lot less travel involved. But perhaps as we have forum members throughout the 8 states represented, we can do a better job (as I know they have done in the Chicago area) about letting the rest of us know about the events.

Cheers!
Scott

JimC64 (10-04-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 15

Scott, any help you need in tidying up the section, please just ask any of the mods or myself and we'll be glad to help!

Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Scott,
please remember there is now a JF banner available for any meets you may have or attend in the future.

Also if there is anything either myself orthe mods can do to help, please let us know and if we can we will.

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails Regional Coordinator - please welcome Midwestjag ( Scott )-car01.jpg  
Old 06-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, Jim. That's a good looking Banner! It would be great to see that in use in and around the Midwestern United States of America! How about it, guys??

Cheers,
Scott

Old 06-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Scott.......I believe it was / is currently in use today by Vector at a forum meet he has.

Once thats done if there are any requests put in a timely manner it should be onward shipped as required.

The idea is to get a few pics of attending members, their cars and of course the banner ( all members to sign for posterity )