Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Regional > US Western
Reload this Page >

Moving from OR to Ventura CA, needs advise

US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Moving from OR to Ventura CA, needs advise

Old 03-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Moving from OR to Ventura CA, needs advise

Hi folks, I will be moving to Ventura County, CA in July and will be buying a home there...I've been there a few times and generally would like to be in Thousand Oaks area, My new job will be in Ventura ...I want to be closer to Santa Monica as well, hence my initial thought would be in Thousand Oaks and neighboring town, my ideal travel time is between 30-45 mins ... so I wonder which area should I avoid and any other places I could consider...I prefer anywhere along hwy 101 thus far I am considering:

Thousand Oaks
Camarillo
Oxnard .... I heard mixed opinions about this, unsafe neighborhood?
Newbury Park

any ideas or thoughts?

Old 03-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,445 Likes on 962 Posts

zidjan,
From Thousand Oaks to Santa Monica can be done in 45 minutes between the hours of 3am and 4am, literally no other time. If you're talking about travel time to Ventura it can be done but there is always traffic through Camarillo and Oxnard. What is your budget and how big of a house? No, I'm not a broker, but have lived in Southern California for all 64 of my years, have worked on thousands of homes in the area, and know the terrain very well.
PM me if you have any specific questions, and I'll do my best to get you accurate answers.
Ted

Old 03-11-2017, 12:47 AM
Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Wanting to be close to Santa Monica seems a troubling limitation and some dreadful commuting. Ventura is not a bad town but my first choice, had I sufficient budget, would be Ojai. I also love Montecito but again the commute would be hard. I lived there, in Oxnard, and in Goleta, years ago, but a lot has changed since then. I have been back for a visit a couple times and Ojai was still appealing.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by tberg View Post
zidjan,
From Thousand Oaks to Santa Monica can be done in 45 minutes between the hours of 3am and 4am, literally no other time. If you're talking about travel time to Ventura it can be done but there is always traffic through Camarillo and Oxnard. What is your budget and how big of a house? No, I'm not a broker, but have lived in Southern California for all 64 of my years, have worked on thousands of homes in the area, and know the terrain very well.
PM me if you have any specific questions, and I'll do my best to get you accurate answers.
Ted
Pm ing you

Old 03-11-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by 150FHC View Post
Wanting to be close to Santa Monica seems a troubling limitation and some dreadful commuting. Ventura is not a bad town but my first choice, had I sufficient budget, would be Ojai. I also love Montecito but again the commute would be hard. I lived there, in Oxnard, and in Goleta, years ago, but a lot has changed since then. I have been back for a visit a couple times and Ojai was still appealing.
Thanks 150, yeah Ojai montecito goleta would be too far if I ever need to go to LA plus looks like some of this place would be too rich for my monetary capacity hahaha...I'll need to earn significantly more to afford these places

Old 03-18-2017, 01:27 AM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Having grown up in Thousand Oaks I can tell you it used to be a great place. Now it's too crowded and home prices are ridiculous compared to areas 10 miles away. I strongly suggest Camarillo. Housing is more reasonable and highway 1 gets you to Santa Monica a lot faster than the 101/405

Old 03-25-2017, 11:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi ZidJan,

These gentlemen are correct, that drive via 405&101 is probably the worst daily commute imaginable. Have you considered Santa Clarita or Valley areas?

Yes, I'm a full time real estate agent out here. Are you working with someone already? Ether way, I'm here if you have any questions.
-Vic

Old 03-30-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by tahoemedic View Post
Having grown up in Thousand Oaks I can tell you it used to be a great place. Now it's too crowded and home prices are ridiculous compared to areas 10 miles away. I strongly suggest Camarillo. Housing is more reasonable and highway 1 gets you to Santa Monica a lot faster than the 101/405
As matter of fact. we are in the process of buying a small house 1150 sqft for $540k in Newbury Park, I love the area, close to the amenities and 101....I love Camarillo too, those are the two areas that I ended focusing in.... so HWY 1 is faster to Santa Monica huh? good to know...is it dependable on time or consistently faster?

Originally Posted by 818 View Post
Hi ZidJan,

These gentlemen are correct, that drive via 405&101 is probably the worst daily commute imaginable. Have you considered Santa Clarita or Valley areas?

Yes, I'm a full time real estate agent out here. Are you working with someone already? Ether way, I'm here if you have any questions.
-Vic
My wife will be working in Ventura/Oxnard hence our options to stay relatively close, Thousand Oaks area seems to be perfectly located.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,445 Likes on 962 Posts

zidjan,
Congratulations on your purchasing a house in Newbury Park, nice area. Let me know when you get moved in, maybe we can get together.
Ted

Old 04-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats zidjan,

Best of luck with your escrow. Yes, Newbury Park is a great area.

+1 lets get together when you're out here.