Sponsored by:

'02 X-Type Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 X-Type Suggestions

Hey guys,
I just introduced myself here
I am picking up my new X-Type on Thursday or Friday and have been looking around the forum and learning a bit.
Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions?
I'm a bit short on cash at the moment so things will be slow.

Things that I am thinking of:
  • I had a magnaflow muffler on my old C-Class and I loved the sound so I think I will stick with what I know and grab a pair of magnaflow mufflers. Not sure whether to go for dual tips or a big single though.
  • I am thinking I will replace the side markers with clear ones (if it's legal here I wouldn't have a clue). From what I've seen this makes a subtle but yet pleasing difference to the whole aesthetic of the car. It also helps that it is very affordable.
  • I need good sound. Not sure what I am going to do here yet as I haven't got the chance to look at the car closely enough. I have a kicker amp and sub in my C-Class and I couldnt really imagine driving around without one anymore so I may just switch it out into the Jag.
  • I had a look at the lowering spring from Adamesh but that might be a little down the track.
  • Wheels will come further down the track but would live to see some suggestions for the future.
  • I know some of you may suggest to paint the chrome parts but at this point I think I want to keep them like that because I like the factory kit. I was told there is only 3 with this specific kit in my city. Whether that is bullshit or not I will not know but I don't really mind as I like it at the moment.

Surely I've forgotten something else but I would love to hear suggestions from you guys because I have seen some great suggestions in other threads.

Attached Images     
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 AM

Thought I would have had a suggestion by now or at least a comment on the car.

I'm just too keen to look into things and learn haha.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 AM
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Bevoh,

Welcome aboard! I'm not too sure what the dealer told you, but...

He has added the mesh grille (it's not in the pics on carsales), and the leaper on the bonnet wasn't standard in 01. Someone has also added the chrome trim around the taillights and headlights - it wasn't an option from Jaguar Australia. More likely it came from somewhere like carshine.com.au.

That said, with only 89k you should have a great buy, especially for the money (this car was $75k when new!). Follow others advice on getting the fluids changed, and you should be in good shape.

Again, welcome aboard,

Regards,

Rob

The following users liked this post:
bevoh (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Slocs
Bevoh,

Welcome aboard! I'm not too sure what the dealer told you, but...

He has added the mesh grille (it's not in the pics on carsales), and the leaper on the bonnet wasn't standard in 01. Someone has also added the chrome trim around the taillights and headlights - it wasn't an option from Jaguar Australia. More likely it came from somewhere like carshine.com.au.
Cheers for the reply mate.

Yeah I just found those on carshine about an hour ago. He had 2 X-types in there at the time and he said on one of them, he did the same kit (aftermarket) and chrome a couple of years ago but on mine it is apparently from the factory? Maybe I misunderstood or maybe he was bullshitting me but either way I'm not really fussed as it's still a nice car.

Edit: Oh wow, I only just found it on carsales. We found it through the guy that my Dad buys the majority of his cars from. Interesting...

Dont know how either of us didn't realise it was 01 haha.

Last edited by bevoh; 02-12-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 AM

Actually your car is pretty much identical to mine. What colour is the interior? It's a little hard to tell from the pics.

I'd be interested on what you end up doing with the stereo - it appears options to upgrade are a little limited given the space behind the existing unit.

Shame you're in Vic!

Regards,

Rob

Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Slocs
Actually your car is pretty much identical to mine. What colour is the interior? It's a little hard to tell from the pics.

I'd be interested on what you end up doing with the stereo - it appears options to upgrade are a little limited given the space behind the existing unit.

Shame you're in Vic!

Regards,

Rob
It's like a light cream colour from what I remember? Wouldn't have a clue what the factory colour was called.

I'll let you know if I do anything with the stereo .

Have you done anything with your car worth noting since you got it?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by bevoh
It's like a light cream colour from what I remember? Wouldn't have a clue what the factory colour was called.

I'll let you know if I do anything with the stereo .

Have you done anything with your car worth noting since you got it?
There should be a factory sticker in the driver's door well that lists the paint code and the interior trim code, both are three-letter codes.

bevoh (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Bevoh, unfortunately nothing new on my car beyond a new handbrake gaitor, mud flaps, and rear tread plates.

I pulled out the original documentation from my car, and I thought you might be interested in the price of various items that were available as options (clearly the first owner from my car had deep pockets and short arms as my car has the mats, sensors, and 6 stack cd).

2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 SE, RRP $70,350

Optional equipment
Power fold mirrors - $500
Headlight wash - $875
Heated front windscreen - $875
Metallic paint - $1,475
Sunroof - $2,550
X-5 wheels - $700
x-Sport wheels - $2,450
Full size sport spare wheel - $400
Xenon lights - $1,820
Centre armrest (sliding) - $360
Electrochromatic rear view mirror - $420
First aid kit - $100
Footwell mats - $330
8 way electric seats - $2,750
10 way electric seats - $3,520
Seat heating - $1,210
Fold down rear seats - $285
Ivory leather trim - $3,150
Ski hatch bag - $560
Sunblind - $400
6 stack cd - $850
Premium sound - $1,350
Nav system - $5,000
Telephone - $2,000
TV (with sat nav) - $1,700
Voice activation - $1,500
Dynamic Stability Control - $2,550
Reverse park control - $920
Warning triangle - $125
Auto clear view pack (auto wipers & lights etc) - $869
Cold climate pack (heated seats, windscreen, headlight washers) - $2,664

Ouch!!!!

Regards

Rob

Last edited by Slocs; 02-13-2013 at 05:54 PM.
bevoh (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

$70,350 for an X-type?! "Oh sweet Moses!"(c)

bevoh (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM

Nardo,

The prices for the 4 models available here then were:

X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport $68,150
X-Type 2.5 V6 SE $70,350
X-Type 3.0 V6 Sport $77,950
X-Type 3.0 V6 SE $84,450

And today prices are equally crazy. Despite the AUD being slightly stronger than the USD, we pay approximately 3 times the US price for cars. However, there are some really weird one - for example, the new Chevolet SS will cost approximately 50% more here than in the US, and it's made here!

Rgds

Rob

Last edited by Slocs; 02-13-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Nardoswiss (02-14-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>Ski hatch bag - $560

Sorry, just don't understand that one in Oz...
================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons

Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM

Ski bag - hmmm, while we do have a short ski season, I can't imagine this one would have been a big seller for Jaguar Australia.

Oh, and on top of the list price for the car you need to add dealer delivery (up to $3,000), stamp duty (3% of purchase), registration (c$300) and compulsary third party injury insurance ($550). I got a quote on a 2013 XF 2.0 (list price of $68,900), and the driveaway price was $74,035.27!

Regards,

Rob

Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Bevoh,

The clear side markers do make a slight but very nice addition to the car. I have the same color. Worth the few bucks. Most of the clear side markers will have colored light bulbs to comply with local laws but I would still check.

As far as the sound goes, do you have the premium sound system? If so what I did to add a little extra bass was cut the input wire going to the 1.5 subs(Second sub is a passive driver) in the rear deck and added a low line converter.

Xscorpion SC-LC07 (LC-07) High to Low Compact Line Output Converter

I wired the remote line from the front astray.
Also ran a power wire from the battery.

I went with a low line converter because I have the navigation system and didn't want to install an aftermarket head unit. The only thing I will mention on this is you need a good amp with adjustments to get the volume level right. If not you can get a sound processor. Hifonics MX-3 (mx3) Bass Controller for use with Aftermarket

bevoh (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Yaguareté
Hi Bevoh,

The clear side markers do make a slight but very nice addition to the car. I have the same color. Worth the few bucks. Most of the clear side markers will have colored light bulbs to comply with local laws but I would still check.

As far as the sound goes, do you have the premium sound system? If so what I did to add a little extra bass was cut the input wire going to the 1.5 subs(Second sub is a passive driver) in the rear deck and added a low line converter.

Xscorpion SC-LC07 (LC-07) High to Low Compact Line Output Converter

I wired the remote line from the front astray.
Also ran a power wire from the battery.

I went with a low line converter because I have the navigation system and didn't want to install an aftermarket head unit. The only thing I will mention on this is you need a good amp with adjustments to get the volume level right. If not you can get a sound processor. Hifonics MX-3 (mx3) Bass Controller for use with Aftermarket
Yeah cheers for that. Where did you get your side markers? I've seen a couple around and assuming the are the same more or less.

As for sound, I don't think it has the Nav system (picking it up tomorrow morning) so I will most likely get the Metra DIN and install an aftermarket set up. Hopefully I can keep it simple and clean enough to maintain some of that Jag class.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 PM

I got them off ebay. They seemed a little looser than the stock ones but have not fallen out after 6 months. Have fun with your new Jag, you'll love it!

Jaguar x Type Bumper Side Turn Signal Marker Crystal Clear Chrome Front or Rear | eBay

I need to update my profile pic.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 PM

I just noticed that the ebay seller doesn't seem to still be carrying them. These are the same

http://www.amazon.com/Jaguar-X-Type-.../dp/B006N0TIQS

bevoh (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:55 PM

Unfortunately the bumper side markers won't work in our cars as we don't have them. Rather, the chrome 'blades' go all the way to the wheel arches.

We do have the normal side indicators - these ones would work (but do seem rather expensive):

Jaguar X Type Side Indicator Light Lenses

Regards,

Rob