X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Jag x sport Alpine audio system

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Jag x sport Alpine audio system

Can anyone please tell me what the make and model of my Alpine audio system may be for my 2006 Jag x type sport model. The car has 10 speakers, 4 small and 4 large in each door plus the two in the rear deck. Rear speakers are Jaguar Alpine 4x43- 18808-DB. Cannot find any info on the make and model of the actual radio system with out pulling it out.

Thanks
Ron

Old 09-27-2018, 05:36 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ron,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 09-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

Here's the part number = C2S42327E

Old 09-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your information. I checked out part #C2S42327E and some of the images for this part show the unit with a cassette player where my radio is very similar but with a single c/d player and no cassette. The reason I was wondering what the model and make of the Alpine system in my car is for research purposes. I am having trouble with my large speakers and was hoping I could trouble shoot the problem using the model and make numbers. The manual for the Jag auto system is not very good and I was hoping for more info through Alpine.

Thanks for your help.

Ron
ronsjag1

Old 09-27-2018, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

Some show cassette others cd, an easier way to look for your particular problem is do an advanced search, selecting problem (speakers) and choose ONLY x type in forum selection box. You'll probably see it's the speakers are blown.
An example =

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...orking-100173/

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 09-27-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:10 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

May be of no help, but what is the specific problem you are trying to diagnose or find specs on? The speaker size, the watts, the impedance, what they can be replaced with? I can tell you from experience that the Alpine Type R-S65C 6.5 Component speakers will replace the existing components in all 4 doors. Or something similar, but I found these had the best overall sound across all ranges.

The stock door speakers are 6 1/2" and the tweeters are .75 or 3/4", which are available but not a common size. Most manufactures make 1' dome tweeters and they will fit, at least they fit in mine.The Alpines in the X-Type were made specifically for that application and were not marketed to the public like you could go down and buy them at an audio shop. The woofers in the rear deck are freeair and they are about 6". Although the opening will fit anything from a 5 1/4" to a 6 3/4" with some minor modification, and depending on how speaker design. Some 6" and 6 1/2" woofers will fit no problem. The issue is that they have to be freeair though, or you have to invest in a custom enclosure to get the proper sound out of an aftermarket replacement. I had a pair of old school Kicker 6.5 freeair subwoofers and it worked just fine. They went right in and sound great. But if you relegate yourself to some sort of mid-range speaker or coaxial, thinking it will disperse sound better somehow, I'd say that is a poor choice. You'll be disappointed and you won't have the full range of sound. AudioControl makes an LC7i that is a line converter which will allow you to covert the optical/speaker wires into an RCA out and run an amp. That way you can keep your stock deck. They also make an Amp that does the same thing but doubles as a line converter and an Amp (LC-4.800 and LC-6.1200).

If I recall, the X-Type's Audio system runs at 8 ohms in order to get every drop of power out of the, i believe, 310 watt stock amp to run the 10 speakers. This isn't necessarily bad from an efficiency standpoint, but it is not good if you want quality sound since the speakers will be limited to how much power they can handle and sound they can actually produce. Essentially each speaker is operating on roughly 30-40 watts, which is low. It also means the speaker was not designed to handle higher amperage and ohms without distorting or blowing. The copper voice coil that resonates in the magnet to create sound will burn up if it doesn't over extend the magnet. With 4 ohms you get greater range of usable power handling, typically double that of an 8 ohm, and better range of sound quality. Imagine watering your lawn with a thinly lined hose that splits easily under a lot of water pressure. You have to keep the water pressure down, or you'll tear up the hose, and you can't water as much lawn as quickly or spray as far. But if you water your lawn with a thicker more durable hose you can turn the water pressure up higher, water more of the lawn, the water sprays further and you get the job done quicker. Relatively the same concept. So don't go down and buy an amp to run your stock speaker off of or else you blow them. If the amp is switchable between an 8 and 4 ohm load, great! But you're wasting your money because that amp isn't going to make your stock speakers sound any better than they do right now.

Sorry for rambling..... I got carried away. Nonetheless, unless you can find a stock speaker on eBay to replace whatever one you have that you're having issues with, just consider replacing all the speakers with either new 8 ohm speakers or upgrade your sound to 4 ohm speakers with the needed amp and line converter.

Last edited by ugotmale; 09-28-2018 at 12:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ronsjag1 (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 03:40 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

I think you will have a better chance of troubleshooting the problem with the electrical schematics.

Graham

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AUDIO - STANDARD.pdf (193.6 KB, 134 views)
File Type: pdf
AUDIO - PREMIUM.pdf (239.6 KB, 144 views)
The following users liked this post:
ronsjag1 (09-28-2018)