X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine oil leak

I have noticed a few drops of oil where my car is parked in the drive way i had the dealership look at it since it was there for the fuel pump, they told me some thing about the oil tan gasket need replacing .. has anybody heard of such a thing thanks

Old 04-21-2010, 04:48 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

bbjack, yes, this is a common problem with our cars. Unfortunately, to get to the oil pan enough to replace the gasket requires significant disassembly of the underside of the car. If it is only a few drops, keep a closer eye on the oil level and go from there. You will need to have the transfer case dropped out of the car in order to do the oil pan gasket. To fix this problem, seems that most were spending around $600 USD to get it taken care of.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:22 AM

I would like to have any information and repair mech. in the NJ/NY area for these cars any help is appreciated

FYI the dealership kept my car for 1 week for the jerking problem cam back with replacing the oil pump for $1500 and today i drive my car it's worse it starts jerking more often it's like some one is switching the car off while driving and the jerks are now in multiples of 4-5

they quoted me 1450 for the oil pan gasket change; I need to get some good help/mech who charges me but fixes the issues ....

pl help.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by bbjack
I have noticed a few drops of oil where my car is parked in the drive way i had the dealership look at it since it was there for the fuel pump, they told me some thing about the oil tan gasket need replacing .. has anybody heard of such a thing thanks

If its the oil pan, prepare your self ( if you doing the job ) for some long hours. there is a few bolts that you cant get to without removing other components. Take a look at the drips is it coming from the passenger side?? may just be the front timing cover seal.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:23 AM

I would like to have any information and repair mech. in the NJ/NY area for these cars any help is appreciated

FYI the dealership kept my car for 1 week for the jerking problem cam back with replacing the oil pump for $1500 and today i drive my car it's worse it starts jerking more often it's like some one is switching the car off while driving and the jerks are now in multiples of 4-5

they quoted me 1450 for the oil pan gasket change; I need to get some good help/mech who charges me but fixes the issues ....

pl help.

maybe a vacuum leak, any check lights on?? is the RPM's going up and down at idle ? Shoots i even had a car come into my shop jerking like crazzy ended up being a o2 sensor made the car to misfire. You really should get it scanned and see the codes that it brings up.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Wait until the tranny sh*ts the bed then have the gasket done at that time. That was my technique anyway.

Sounds like you need to return your car to the shop, doesn't sound like they fixed anything, and demand they get it right for the price you paid.

If the leak is the pan, and it is only a few drops, just live with it. I did for 5 years and it isn't really that big of a deal. The X is just marking its territory.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're in the Buffalo area West Herr Jaguar is really good, in particular Bob, I drive there from Toronto since they are honest and much more affordable compared to the Canadian counter parts.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:18 PM

JagMechanic Quote:

pl help.

maybe a vacuum leak, any check lights on?? is the RPM's going up and down at idle ? Shoots i even had a car come into my shop jerking like crazzy ended up being a o2 sensor made the car to misfire. You really should get it scanned and see the codes that it brings up.

Hi JagMechanic
here what i found
'P2635 Fuel Pump "A" Low Flow / Performance'
and this happens when i have run say 100+ miles looks as if its some electrical issue, I also read some where it could be MAF issue could you please assist
thanks

Old 07-14-2010, 05:19 PM

I have also recently changed the fuel pump and the fuel filter

Old 07-14-2010, 05:20 PM

I thought it was a transmission issues I just got the trans oil changed any ideas ..ideas

Old 07-18-2010, 12:52 PM

There are some oil additives available which seal from inside the engine and prevent oil leaks ( i am having one from the oil pan gasket )
what would you advice