X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy Sh*t!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Sh*t!

[sm=WTFsgign.gif] I was comin back from a club last night(3am), a couple of blocks from the house. All of a sudden there was a thud on the passengers side of the car, freaked me out[sm=insomnia.gif], thought I ran over somethin. All I saw was a dark figure run off into the woods. It was a small DEER!!![sm=outcold.gif] I got out and inspected the passenger door, and didnt see much, but it was dark...I checked this morning and there is a small dent in the passenger side door...horrible....It looks like a large door ding, so its not noticably unless you know its there.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Holy Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got lucky pal. A few seconds later, the dear would've been in your path and the damage to the front of the car would've been nasty, plus your airbags would've likely deployed.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Fortunatelly , the damage wasn't a major one .

Old 10-29-2007, 07:56 AM

The same thing happened in one of my Stealths... I was driving along and heard a loud bang on my passenger side. Looked behind me and a deer was running into the woods behind me. Got out and checked the car- the deer had run right into my passenger door and left a huge dent. It cost me $700 to fix. Damn deer.

Look at the bright side, at least the deer hit you and not the other way around... It tends to do a lot more damage when the car hits the deer.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

As I layed in bed last night with my wife, she told me she was sorry, and I was like "WTF? What are you sorry about?" She told me that on the way to the store, she ran over a pot hole. I laughed(thinking it was something worse) and I told her "Well, at least you didn't hit a deer". I told her Andy's story and she felt really bad for Andy. After that we just went to sleep, and about 5 minutes later, she muttered "poor deer". I didn't quite hear her, and I said "What was that". She again said, "poor deer, can you imagine his headache after hitting a car going about 30 mph". I broke out in histerical laughter, specially because it appears that she just laid there thinking about Andy's accident. We laughed for a while and it was just one of those moments where you just can't stop laughing. Hey Andy, thanks for the laugh in my house hold, but hey...now you have something positive to look for when you're fixing your dent. "Atleast the DEER got a HUGE headache"

Old 10-29-2007, 04:19 PM

Glad to hear that it ended up only being a door ding. As was said earlier, if that deer was in front of the car there would have been some serious damage! It's amazing how much a deer can mess a car up.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

We had a car in our bodyshop that hit a deer.
A lot ofdamage, even more than most car crashes we repair.
The heavymetal support behind the front bumper wasverytwisted and the front panel was up against thebent radiator and air concondensor.
You have been lucky.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  7.4 KB

Sounds like you were lucky Andersen to get away with minor damage

I had an incident years n years ago with a deer which dint go down to well with my employers as my driving history was full of road rage incidents / speeding / accidents etc ( used to live every day like I was a racing driver )
Anyways.....I was travelling on the main motorway towards Aberdeen and was just about 2 miles outside the start of the city.
The last thing I remember was seeing some movement out of the corner of my eye, in the general vicinty of the tax disc holder area. As I looked towards the BANG!!!....[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
It was a youngish deer, I saw it in my rear view mirror ( after I struggles to maintain control of the car and had stopped a few hundred yeards further down the road ) I thought to myself, I'll turn the car around and see if the deer was ok, put it out of its misery and or throw it in the boot for Sunday lunch. By the time I did this the deer
was up and away jumping over the fields n fences like a champion racehorse[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

I inspected the damage to my car and saw that both passenger doors were severely dented and there were hoof marks there tooas well as hair stck under the door handles
It cost around £1000 to fix and that was 15 years ago!
Scary time.........The reaction from my company was yeah yeah yeah...........more like some " old dear" etc etc.

Jim

Old 10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah that does suck! Sorry to hear about that andy...when my dad hit a deer with our brand new ford f150 that thing cost us or rather insurance and us many a thousands of dollars...ended up making the tranny leak all of the fluid...well nobody filled it and the insurance company told us it was our fault...in the end of rebuidling the transmission 3 times and finally finding a good tranny shop the bills totalled somewhere around 7K! Like I said though that was after 3 different tranny shops did shady work and my dad got stuck with the bill...crappy part was that afterwards my dad decided to get the chrome bumper and regular front grill instead of painting it all to match the paint everywhere...can't find any of the pics of the deer damage though...

Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

If you had adaptive lightning systems let alone night vision may be you could have escaped the incident

Old 10-31-2007, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member

Good luck with that or perhaps hids!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the support, Im glad it wasnt worse...might have to hunt that deer down...

Maybe after it was delirious from hitting my car it walked into oncoming traffic and got squashed....OUCH...too soon??

Old 11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member

I'd be ticked off when the freaking thing caused thousands of dollars worth of damage and than gets away! At least when they die you can eat them! Depending on how hard you hit em!