X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a urgent help, please help me

Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I need a urgent help, please help me

Lets start from the top.
I am from Armenia, Yerevan, I bought my Jaguar x type 2001 car month ago from usa.
I had a problem with cooling fan from first day.I opened the hood and saw that one of the fans is disconected(passenger side). but the second one(right Side) was working but was switch on very often.I pluged in the disconected connector of (passenger side fan), start the engine, water is hot but both fans are not blowing, i turned on A/C put on low temp and flow on maximum, the fans are still not working, ac compressor turns on after 10 seconds swith off automaticly, but the A/C light in salon is still on.
Then i disconect again the first fan(passenger side) after what the right fan begin to work as previously. I checked the fuses are ok. The passenger side fan is working when i try it just from the battery.

I think it is failure of cooling fan controle relay near the fans,
or there is something else can give such a problem, because i have 2 problems not blowing cooler fans togeather and A/C compressor not working more than 10 seconds.

Can anybody help me with other idea what to do in this situation.
How to check is it fan relay or another problem with A/C.
Now i drive the car with one fan disconected left fan.

PLEASE HELP ME, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

I would say your problem is the cooling fan module!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,822 Likes on 3,142 Posts

vitus, what you are describing sounds like a fan controller issue. Unfortunately, the fix is getting a new controller. I am not sure what you have in the way of jaguar dealerships and whatnot, but this is where looking on the internet and seeing what can be shipped to you may be the better course of action. Just a side note, there are 2 different versions of the fan control module out there. You have the 01-03 version, and then the 04-08 version. They use two different connectors on the input to the module. Jaguar does sell an adapter harness to allow use of the 04+ module in your car, but that has to be bought at the dealership. No one I know of sells that harness.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM

Thank you for your answer, i also thinking about fan module, bit why A/C is not working when both fans are connected

Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Veteran member

vitus, what you are experiencing is that the A/C system is getting too warm and the pressure inside of the system is getting too high. There is a pressure switch that will turn off the compressor to protect itself from blowing up (due to too high of pressure). If the A/C compressor is not compressing, you don't get cooling.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 AM

Thaks a lot for your reply, i just wanted to know if the problem with A/C is again coming from the problem with fan module?

Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Veteran member

vitus, if you can drive down the road at say 60 mph (100 KPH) and the system is acting normally, then yes, the problem lies with the fan controller. If you are still experiencing problems, then there is an issue with the A/C system.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM

Thermo! now my cooling system is working with one (right side) fan, the left one is switched off from connector, as i told you before they are not working when both are connected, and yes i can drive without any problem with one fan. but according the A/C i am also thinking that the weather now is cold its about 5-10 C, that can be the reason that compressor is not working long. But from the other hand i am thinking that the A/C have to be worked when i use climate control. In Any case i am going to change fan controller first, then i will see the A/C is ok or not. And the other problem is my car spends 20-22L for 100km, i have changed air, petrol filter, spark plugs (Denso, but not platinum), but the car still spend much petrol. i was thinking that it is also coming from fan controller, as computer don't understand temp, but one guy told me that it is not depend from fan in cars that have electrical fan controller, i also wanted to know what is your opinion in this case, what would you perform.May be i have to put another spark plugs(platinum) ones? Sorry that i ask you a lot of questions, but i really want to enjoy this car as i had german cars before.Hope to hear from you positive aswers

Thank you!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

yerevan, what you are experiencing is extremely low mileage. With that being said, there are a few factors that can play into it. First off, if you are only doing trips that are lasting about 5 minutes in length (ie, motor is barely getting up to the normal temp), that will push the mileage down significantly. Our cars run very rich when the motor is not up to temp. Secondly, if you are doing longer trips, is your temp gauge coming up to the center of the dial (12 o'clock position, needle pointing straight up) or is it hanging over towards the 1/4 scale mark. If you are down around the 1/4 scale mark, then you have a problem with the cooling system itself and odds are your thermostat is not functioning properly. Again, because the motor is not up to temp, it will run rich and will cause very poor mileage.

With this all being said, how does the car perform? What I am truely after is how does it accelerate? Does it feel sluggish or is it taking off pretty well? I bet it is feeling sluggish. If so, you may have a blockage in your exhaust system, causing the motor to have to really work to make any decent power.

You mention that you installed Denso plugs, but they were not platinum plugs. How many KMs ago? if it has been over 20,000 KMs? If so, your problem may simply be because the plugs are worn out. Our jags use a high energy spark system and non-platinum plugs will get eaten up in a heartbeat from this sort of system.

Much beyond this, I would say to take the car to a shop and see what they say. There is a lot of possibilities here and without being able to put my hands on the car, there is a lot of things I could recommend replacing that may be just fine. A shop will be able to connect your car up to a computer and see what it is seeing and be able to diagnose what is going on in short time.