Old 05-31-2019, 01:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

This is my personal favorite for Android =
https://bafxpro.com/products/obdreader
Works well and not very costly.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone again for your help so far.

I finally found the air vacuum leak. There is a vacuum hose that connects into the side of the flexible air intake on the opposite side of the mass airflow sensor, it was in, but not all the way to the second rim on the vacuum hose so it was causing the leak.

Now I have new problems, due to the vacuum leak.

My car just sent off codes 0057 and 1647. I found a bad fuse in the engine box. Number F42 30 amp. It would set off these codes. But I also checked the related parts and the O2 Sensor on the bank 2 under the air filter housing has bright white residue around it and other parts near it look like they were sprayed with the same residue. I am guessing I should replace this part. rockauto's diagram says it is the upstream sensor for bank 2, am I right?

Here is a picture.

Last edited by JaguarBruce; 06-04-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:18 PM

Well, I got the upstream Oxygen Sensor in, removed the old one and installed it. Changed the fuse, Cleared the codes. Now my baby is back running like she should. Average of 25mpg city and highway.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by JaguarBruce
Hello,

I have a 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L American Left Drive - Manual Transmission with ATC Heat/Air
I have been dealing with a recurring P0174 and the EVAP monitor won't go ready and the CCM monitor won't go ready.

What I have done so far:

1. Found and replaced a compromised PCV hose,
2. Replaced the PCV valve as well.
3. Replaced grommets holding the Air Intake Filter box,
4. Replaced the Air Filter.
5. Replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor, the old one had black carbon-like soot on the intake side of the ruby sensor.
6. Checked Fuel levels, have been using the 92 High Octane Gasoline.

The car did pass inspection in late April 2019 at a testing station where they checked the gas cap and emissions and exhaust.

I have cleared the DTC codes, the P0174 comes back after about 30-45 minutes of driving, specifically when I reach speeds of 60 MPH (104 KPH) or higher.
I have followed the drive cycle instructions perfectly on a road where I have basically no chance of fuel slosh.
Update:
7. Changed Oxygen sensor and the Oxygen sensor fuse
8. Replaced the AC Blower Motor Relay
In the end, after finding all the things above and then the O2 sensor fuse blew out. When that happened and I replaced it the car began to run better and all codes cleared and the monitors finally went ready, AND a pesky short that was plaguing my system from time to time was also fixed It was the faulty O2 sensor that was causing all these problems along with the Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve hose. All the other stuff I did was overdue and I'm glad I did it as well.. The AC blower motor had been running all the time and killing the battery, an issue I had over a year ago where the mechanic just removed the blower motor to fix it, I got it back in and changed the blower motor relay and VOILA I now have cold AC and defrost for the windshield again. Props to everyone who helped here and contributors of other posts. I was able to fix my own Jag because of all of you!