Jim

Old 07-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: Looking at buying my first X-type

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  7.4 KB

Its just a guess Bo......but does that mean he should buy a Honda or some other Japanese car?...lol

Jim

Old 07-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

To the OP. Just a heads up in case you are purchasing the vehicle from Jaguar of Cleveland:

The Jaguar of Cleveland and the Jaguar of Toledo do NOT have the ability to certify a pre-owned vehicle. Apparently, they ship their vehicles to Jaguar of Novi and Jaguar of Troy in SE MI to get their cars certified. That led me to question whether they had the appropriate staff for their service department. I had both salesman confirm this, as my mother was looking to purchase an X-type just a month ago (We reside in Detroit).

That deal sounds really, really, really good to me. Like you said, w/factory warranty still intact, plus possibly purchasing an aftermarket warranty, you can't lose. But again, I'd recommend getting down to knowing the service department at the Jaguar of Cleveland to confirm what the salesman had indicated to me earlier, in case worst case scenario occurs.

Good luck!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cadillac

peewee, I have 2000 Cadillac Seville STS too.However I think you're comparing apples to oranges here lol. Because Seville can be comparedto XJ .Ifind Seville'squality fairly well butI would still prefer X300's .Sevillehas too much plastic partswhich isunacceptable for its class .Being a Cadillac ,I'd like to have more leather especially upper dash trim

That is true to some extent in my seville it was covered in leather. When the doors closed they made a nice solid seal. My seville was priced at 46k when new in 2000. With an x-type with all option it comes close to that. I was comparing quality. my seville was made of far better materials. even my sisters vw jetta has better build quality

In my X-type the cheap plasic is every where they tried to glue on a leather patch onto the doors arm rest. I have 1 cup holder. My dash vents arent even glued into place. They pop up when it gets hot (cheap plastic)The turn signal and wiper controls feel cheap and delicate. I am afraid to turn the directional on for fear of snapping the thing off. The awd whines around 70 mph. When i hit little grooves in the pavement my front suspension sounds like little field mice at play. No rear ac vents but it does have an ashtray. (great since i dont smoke) NO interior trunk release which makes no sense IMHO. Only the little button on the trunk lid or on the key fob. Which will i am sure get stuck in the winter when it is covered with snow. Fuel economy isnt that great when compared to other awd cars in its class. HP is low if you get the 2.5 like me. Its ok for getting around town but for merging on the hw you better be in third. I bought the x-type because i liked the styling and i have always liked jags. However, with the build quality on the x-type it makes me very upset that they would charge such an outragious ammount for this car only to leave you with second hand plastics.