Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercury Sable-X type

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mercury Sable-X type

I have two jags. An Xj6, and we just bought an Xk8 so I don't know what your talking about.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights4.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  4.3 KB

Fair enough 93xj6 and good point well made, however, let me ask you a few things and make a point of my own.

If you have an XJ6 and an XK8 why are you posting on the X type site contoversially and not on the XJ6 and XK8 sites?
You have to expect a bit of a backlash...............Jeez, that'd be like one of us visiting your site and saying >>>
Well I drove an XK8 the other day and a few days later I drove, oh, I dunno, a Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 V6...........There's no difference really other than you can say you own a Jag.
You gotta ask yourself mate............Wouldn't you be a bit peeved?

Jim C

Old 03-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Make this point!
With $30,000 I can make a Nissan 240sx go faster than Lamborghini, handle better than a Lambo, stop faster and more stable than a Lambo, have the car be safer than a Lambo in a crash.... But it'll never be a Lambo!
Likewise, you could mix and match a Ford with a Jag all you want, but you'll never have a Jag! The look of the Jag itself sell the car! Try going to pick up hoes in a Taurus or a Sable and tell me what you get, then go back with a Jag!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 391

Too true........

JimC

Old 03-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member

I have picked up girls in the sable, lol.
I'm just posting here cuz I was bored cuz nobody owns an Xk8 or Xj6 and nobody posts on those forums.

I like debating, and you guys definatly won the jag is nicer than the sable.

However, you said the thing with the nissan and the lambo.
I think if I took 10,000 dollars and put it into the sable, it could probably be nicer than a stock x type.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 388

ORIGINAL: 93xj6
I have picked up girls in the sable, lol.
I'm just posting here cuz I was bored cuz nobody owns an Xk8 or Xj6 and nobody posts on those forums.
I like debating, and you guys definatly won the jag is nicer than the sable.
However, you said the thing with the nissan and the lambo.
I think if I took 10,000 dollars and put it into the sable, it could probably be nicer than a stock x type.
Well 93xj6.........I think you're ptobably right. There's certainly a lot more going on here than any of the other Jag sections within this forum that I've seen.
If you like a debate.....lol........you'll probably get plenty of takers here.
If I were you though, I'd be careful about what I say about the X.....lol..........there's a lot of fanatics here, probably with AK47's stashed somewhere.
Did you post any pics in the photot gallery of your cars yet?

Jim C

Old 03-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member

The mustang that I am selling, unfortunatly no. I have all the pictures, but my dad is the only one who knows how to insert this little media card into the computer to put them up.

And for the jaguar xk8 and xj6 I think I left links to the ebay page that show all the pictures of the car. No need for me to put up more pictures.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 394

Seen em...Nice cars especially the XK8............looks like a clean vehicle.

Jim C

Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I welcome a debate but you also must concede at some point without insulting the people you are debating. You can easily say that a Toyota Camry and a Chevy Impala drive, handle, feel, and perform almost the same. Why pay more for a Toyota Camry then a Chevy Impala? It comes down to taiste. If you like one more than the other then and you can aford the nicer one why not buy it?

I drive rentals virtually every week. I have driven at least 2 dozen different Sables. When driving them I consider "wow this isn't a bad car". But when I get home and hop in my Lexus or Jaguar I completely understand WHY I wouldn't own a Sable.

I feel the same way with almost every car I rent (aside from complete crap boxes like a Pontiac Vibe or minivan).

Old 03-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights5.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  4.7 KB

[sm=closed.gif]

Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn cobra you tore this post a new a-hole just like you did with all of your posts about you sound system install! And 93xj the reason I bought my car was that is was all wheel drive and it was a jag. I'd be paying the same amount of money on insurance every month whether it be a jag or taurus/sable and my car payment would have been the same. I bought the car used, with taxes it came to $15400, not to mention the $228 plates! But I couldn't have gotten a 2002 sable with the same features for hugely less than the jag. I probably would have had to have paid around 12k or a little more for the sable and still not have gotten awd which was what I really wanted as was the only bargaining chip I had to getting the car. The fact is many guys on here got brand new x-types with the sport package or vdp package and only paid 32k for the car fresh from the dealer because they wanted to get rid of the cars even though the sticker tops at 38-40k. A sable would only be a few thousand less compared to 32k. The jag is a jag I definitely would feel like nobody had I got a sable! My 15,400 was well spent plus the cred you get was worth paying the 20k blue book price that there was on the car! By the way love passing all of the taurus's and sables in the snow!

Old 09-15-2021, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plain as day on Ford website. X-Type Taurus same car

Originally Posted by macchiavelli
93xj6, I don't know what your sources are, but you are quite incorrect.

There's a lot of confusion out there about this. I have researched it for a good while, and this is what I've found:

1. The only platform (PLATFORM, let me repeat) the Jaguar X-Type and any Ford anywhere share is the European
second generation Ford Mondeo platform. No other Ford shared this platform. This platform is called "CD132," and it is a descendant of the first generation Mondeo/Contour/Mystique/Cougar, the "CDW27." So if you hear things like "the old Contour used the same platform as the X-Type," that would also be incorrect.

2. The Sable/Taurus/Continental platform is the "Ford D186" platform, an entirely different one which has no connection to either the CD132 or the CDW27.

3. Even if your scenario had been correct (and it is not, as you can see above), platform sharing means very, very little in the way a modern automobile performs, handles, and feels. From the tuning of the engine to the exhaust, to the suspension and electronics, etc, there are so many variables that it is not easy even for an expert driver to tell which platform is related to another without prior knowledge.

4. The second generation Ford Mondeo platform has received acclaim worldwide (Mondeo is a worldwide bestseller of Ford, so what do they do, they don't bring it here, of course. Just like the second-gen Focus.) on its own, and if you read Jaguar X-Type reviews (and I have read every single one available, in 4 of the 5 languages I know) you will see that even the most ill-tempered reviewers universally praise the vehicle dynamics (an indirect result of the platform, and a direct result of the tuning).

5. I am happy that you like the Sable for your grand mother, and happy that it feels like a good deal. But there's no need to take a further step to make yourself feel better just to be able to say "hah! It's the same car as the Jag, only we got a better deal!." If your information was correct, it could still be challenged on the basis of what I wrote in #3, but it is not even close. So, what is your point, now that you DO know the platform history of these cars?

it says it plain as day on the ford website. X-type was based off Taurus. It’s the same damn car. I’ve owned one.

https://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14490