Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Radio

My new radio.

I was really disappointed that the bluetooth in the my X-type does not support streaming of music.
Had a but a better radio in my previous commute car, it had two USB. This was great. I had one USB stick dedicated to music, Gbs of it across all genres, and one for Radio shows, old and new.

Yes, could burn regular WAV cds, and I did some, but it not nearly as convenient as plugging in a USB stick.

So I started to read the forums and I want thank Paul of paul-x-type-sport for his post on how to change you stereo head.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ll-how-136910/

I started to look for a nice double din touch screen that would have bluetooth, GPS, in-line and usb ports.
I found after my last car stereo upgrade, I know longer required physical CD.

This also allow me to not have to worried about the depth of the unit, which must be considered in X-types.

I settle on this inexpensive Chinese model for the features not the prices.

RK-7157G

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RK-7...ceBeautifyAB=0

I actually got it from ebay, but link is gone now. You can get similar ones from Amazon as well

I got of the other piece from https://www.crutchfield.ca/

Metra 40-EU10 Antenna Adapter
Metra 70-9500 Receiver Wiring Harness
Metra 99-9501B Dash Kit
Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
Posi-Products™ Car Stereo Wiring Harness Connectors

So less then 300 Canadian dollars all in.

Me and my brother replaced over in his garage, must bigger and better equipped them mine. No issues with the replacement. Follow the directions from above link.

Only issue with install was the outer bracket for the stereo. I emailed 4 fascia dealers, and they all told me Chinese stereos will not fit anything.
Guess what....they indeed do not fit, and it so close...I tried to dremel it out but plastic does behave nicely and it look better with it off.

Radio is fantastic.....but it randomly pauses.....hence is post.

Now it does actually randomly pause. It pauses and the same 5 places on the way to work everyday. Three business and two LED speed warming signs. So I assume it is trying to connect to open wife or bluetooth at those places.

I have been thru all the setting, I have turned off bluetooth in radio, still happens, turn off bluetooth in phone still happens. Turn off updates in GPS, still happens. I have email vendor on ebay....pleasant but doesn't know anything. Searched internet for firmware update, and have emailed the company directly no response. You get what you pay for. So for many 10 seconds a day I am not please with radio out of 1 hour a day commuting. No really so bad.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:05 PM

I figured out what is causing the pausing is on my Radio. RK-7157G
Sorry this is another long story.

Most people don’t know, I certainly didn’t until a few years ago, is that your cell phone / smart device is giving out your GPS location all the time without your permission or knowledge.

Every access point, (Wifi Router) will pick up the GPS co-ordinates off or phone at update geolocation databases around the world. Just walking by any wifi signal with gather this information. You don’t need to even login. The exchange happens before authentication.

Oh, you think he is talking crazy, but it true. I spent months figuring this all out a couple of year’s ago.
My wife’s ipad mini would geo tag pictures taken at home to Australia, not PEI.
Picture taken elsewhere where correct. I pieced it together from forums and blogs.

Here is a simple link to explain some off it.
https://www.lifewire.com/wifi-positi...system-1683343

You’re routers MAC (hardware) address is in a these world wide databases with GPS co-ordinates assigned to it. I found you can query these from certain websites, but I could not fine away to update it, or even how / who to contact regarding it.

I have the ability to change my MAC address on my router, not something you can do with a cheap one.
It also has a setting to randomly change it everything it starts. I understand why that would be of interest to security conscious people.

So I changed the MAC address and pictures where no longer geo tagged anything. I had my sister-in-law come over with her iphone ( wife’s mini does have GPS). Two days later the database was updated and pictures on my wife’s mini where now geo tagged correctly.

So…my Radio is pausing when driving by wifi spots on the road to work each day.
The maps application on the radio in an Android application and it is giving away my GPS co-ordinates as I drive buy. The maps applications runs off an SDcard in the radio. I removed it last night and restarted by car and hence radio. GPS applications is now not running on radio. Drove home last night and to work this morning….no pausing.

I will look for updates to my GPS software and look at the configuration files to see if I can figure it out further. I put the pieces together was I was going through all the options in the GPS while playing music in the background on purpose. Certain actions in the GPS menu cause the music to pause. When driving the voice directions will pause the music to let to you to turn left in 100 meters, etc.

So, I know the cause now, looking for a real fix, besides not running my GPS, which is fine, I certainly don’t need it to drive back and forth to work.

Vic

Old 04-07-2018, 01:03 PM

GPS is iG09
Took an image of the SDCARD
edit sys.txt file
Network=0, it was 1. I assume off / on
Burned new image to SDCard I took out of my camera.
Started car.
GPS works.
If I have GPS on and not pausing, will declared it fixed.
Will update forum Monday night. After driving back and forth to work.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:38 AM

Did lots of research on this....ended up simple solution. Master low was too low, there are volume for each item. The pausing was when the GPS was giving some kind of announcement. Found proper manual for iGo and have to configured nicely now.