X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Code

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

I bought a used radio on eBay. It went straight in and worked without a code.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by longta58
I have replace my battery and disconnected it several times, but only for a couple of minuted. Recently my car was in the shop and the battery disconnected for more than 30 minutes. Now the "CODE" has appeared on the radio and I am trying various combination of buttons to reset or reveal the correct code. My last resort will be to contact a Jag dealer and get the correct code.
I tried all the suggestions I received from this site with no joy. The dealer says I have to bring the car to them in order to get a reset. It takes and hour and will cost me shop rate ($125). All that for something they could give me over the phone. What a racket.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by nationalparks
I just bought my car 3 days ago but luckily the radio code was in with driver's handbook but I too haven't needed to use it had my battery out for a day cleaning and checking wires, radio works fine
Originally Posted by longta58
I tried all the suggestions I received from this site with no joy. The dealer says I have to bring the car to them in order to get a reset. It takes and hour and will cost me shop rate ($125). All that for something they could give me over the phone. What a racket.
Seems like this depends on chance:
nationalparks said, "I just bought my car 3 days ago but luckily the radio code was in with driver's handbook but I too haven't needed to use it had my battery out for a day cleaning and checking wires, radio works fine"

flyrr100 said, "I bought a used radio on eBay. It went straight in and worked without a code."

But longta58 said he is needing code, So I wonder does it just depend on the car?

Old 02-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Default XK8 Alpine (AJ2050W) Radio Code

I am looking to replace my 2002 XK8 radio with an aftermarket head unit.
Was fiddling with the old one and didn't realise it needed a code once it has been disconnected. Anybody ever found the right sequence of buttons to override the code entry.
I have seen people talking about pressing me, fast forward and PTY together when it says please wait but there isn't a PTY button on my radio, any ideas?

Old 02-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

It seems that the radio code is often not needed in the USA

It is required in the UK.
I was given, by the original owner, a credit card sized card with the Security Radio Code on it.
When I changed the battery the code did not work.
I went to my local dealer, gave him the VIN and he gave me the code - no charge.

longta58
That certainly is a racket.

I would contact another dealer and ask what proof of ownership they need.
This is a reasonable security check.
While I stood alongside the guy he just looked it up on the computer( in the UK). I had never visited my local dealer except for spares.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
Neat...and I didn't see you write it either.
So cool this really did work thank you

Old 12-08-2015, 08:23 AM
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi, Group. I never needed a code when re-connecting my battery. Good luck!

Old 12-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

While this is an old thread, I just replaced the battery today in my wife's 2002 X type this evening.

Just like every other time I disconnect the battery, I have to restore the radio as follows:

The routine is for use when “CODE” is displayed on radio LCD after power loss and works providing the original radio is still fitted.

-NOTE –

“PLEASE WAIT” will initially be displayed on the radio LCD and may remain for up to 30 mins before “CODE” is displayed.

(1) Press the [A.MEM]], [>>] and [PTY] keys simultaneously, then release. (May take more than one try)

(2) If it worked you will see "WELCOME" on the LCD display. All presets will still be as before the battery was disconnected.

Everyone says this only applies to UK version Jags, but I am pretty sure that my cat has never crossed the pond....
But I did buy it used, so who knows....

Hope this helps someone, if not the initial poster of this thread.