Transmission rough shift

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission rough shift

Hi All!
So basically, love me X type, dont we all
its an '02 X Type Sport AWD, with the 2.5 and the 5 speed

So the car was a graduation gift, and when I first got it it had its few faults, but all was well, one problem was when you changed the gear into Reverse, the car would take about 500-700ms and then THUNK very loudly when the gear changes

Now I know that this car has a horrible transmission (or so I have understood from reading this site for the last 6 months, somewhat religiously) but now, under medium acceleration from a stop (not low, or hard acceleration - just medium, as in 3-4.5k rpm) the shift from first to second and second to third (cant put my finger on it because I am unsure if when at rest the car is on second or first gear, but either way the two shifts after accelerating) are HARD as a- wont continue that, but yeah, they are hard, not harsh/dogbox like, but they jerk the car and you can hear them very loudly.

So not sure if it is related, but around about 2nd february I blew a transfer case. Link to post is here when I got that it was full of oil, but I replaced that, transmission too, but few days later I changed the transmission back (that one had a few problems that made it non roadworthy in my opnion)

So does anyone have any idea of what it might be? or what to do about it?
I tried snooping around, found about two threads with similar problems, one was unresolved, the other was a little too different to mine (later year and 6 speed 3.0)

All the oils were replaced when the tranny and TC were put in, 600ml in the case, cant remember the Tranny level but I researched that and it was correct amount.
A have a few other problems but I might research a bit then post about those, mostly ABS stuff.

Any help would be nice.