X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water leak 2002 X-Type 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default water leak 2002 X-Type 3.0

After 7 years owner of 2002 x- type 3.0 suddenly there is a water leak when it rain on passenger side
Near the passenger left foot. The leak is streaming down under left side of glove compartment to floor. It has happened the last three times it rain. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

The drain for A/C condensate is clogged. Any garage should be able to clean it out cheaply. You probably have some leaves blocking it.
================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons

Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

It seems like you have a bad seal along the cabin filter which is in the front passenger portion of the dash. I've had this problem on many types of cars where water just goes into the cabin filter. You can check that it's the cabin filter by turning on the air in the car is seeing if it smells wet. It's a pretty easy fix. Just do an "advanced search" under the "search" button above. Search "cabin filter" in "x-type" and hopefully you will find all the info you need. If not, I can try to copy and paste from the JTIS.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello. I also have the same problem. I used the search tool but did not find any info that was very helpful to me. I did pull the retainer pins so that I could take a look at the filter. I heard alot of people say that the filter is not in position right witch will cause water to leak in. After looking at the filter and seeing how dirty it was I decided to replace it with a new one.

With the new filter in I an certain that the filter is installed correctly. I did notice that when I pulled the shroud up to get to the filter that the "lip"(the part the tucks into the windshelid) part the the shroud has separated from the shroud. Is that what is letting the water in? When I did my search one person said that even with that "lip" being separated it dose not have anything to do with water making its way in. To me it looks like that is the problem, but after reading that I am not real sure. Is this correct? I also have some pictures so you have a better idea of what I am talking about.

Sorry. I did not mean to hijack this thread. I just thought it would be best if someone can answer both of our questions at the same time.

THANKS!!

Attached Thumbnails water leak 2002 X-Type 3.0-dscf2134.jpg   water leak 2002 X-Type 3.0-dscf2137.jpg  

Last edited by Trevor; 07-09-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 AM

Thank You everyone soooo much. I will go through the process of elimintion to find the problem. I will let you know the soulution.
Thanks

Old 07-21-2012, 03:29 AM

The problem was solved. The wiper crowl was not properly clippedto the lower edge of windshield, and the Cabin Filter was not in place. Thank everyone. I am dancing like the chicken in my signature. Total cost $50.00

Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 AM

Hi, I could use some help here too. This has happened now twice on my 03 X-type. I thought it was the AC. I had this happen on a car years ago and it was as simple as blowing through the drain hose. Cleared it right up.

This only happens when it rains very hard. I'm in Tampa, Florida and we've had some significant rain this time of year. Hadn't noticed it in the previous six month's we'd had the car, but hadn't taken it out in the rain.

My question is about the filter solution. My father has the very same car. (bought it two weeks after I bought mine...nice one, pop) Anyway, he changed his cabin filter and had to remove the cowl under the wind screen. Is this necessary? It's probably about time to change the filter anyway and I suppose when I'm in there, I can ascertain if the old one has been dislodged somehow, but I'd like to get some more opinions before I tear in to this thing. My father said it wasn't so easy changing that air filter and he's got significantly more experience working on cars than I have. (and I'm fairly handy)

Is there a tutorial or list of tips/tricks for getting in there to change this air filter. Please forgive me if the answer is blatantly easy to find, but I'm having some trouble navigating the site. At least from the specific searching process.

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have. I do hope it is as easy as it seems in juanita simmons post.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

This thread should help you out and allow you to read about others in the same situation as you and what they did to find a solution: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...lacement-1373/