X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to look for parts outside of dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to look for parts outside of dealership?

Hey all wondering if anyone knows of any contacts or has information to look for parts outside of obtaining through the dealership. I have checked all around the web and not been able to find what I am looking for.

Specifically I am looking for two (right and left side) trim pieces on the window for an 03 X Type (black), the part numbers are C2536550 and C2526549. I am also looking for a rear bumper bumper, that I suspect will be difficult to locate.

The prices my local dealership are asking for are beyond ridiculous for the trim pieces so I thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions for places to check for parts.

Thanks.

Kelly

Old 06-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

I purchased my rear bumper on e-bay. It was for an 02 X-type. As for trim pieces you could call salvage yards. I purchase parts from Jaguar Cleveland Ohio since the dealer here in OKC is 30% mark up over Cleveland’s prices. JPAM also carries many parts. Don't worry if the website doesn't advertise the part, these guys can normally get them. I bought several parts from Jag_Genius, https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/members/jag_genius-446/, here on this site, he ships from Canada and is very reliable/safe.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

New trim pieces would have to come from Jaguar. Kind of weird, I show one side for $51 and the other side for $61. Go figure. I should be able to get used ones for about half that.

The bumper can probably be found eventually used. We don't have one right now and none on the horizon. Sorry, but no help there.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, appreciate the suggestions and I will begin my search again.

Ken if you can get those in used or even new I would be interested, the dealership here in my town (Winnipeg) wants over $130.00 for each of them, sickens me.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

i just pad 320 buck for a whel arch liner and almost 200 bucks for a headlamp washer cover, fugde, i should have searched for u guys before i payed. Im starting to just repair damaged parts now, rather then buy

Old 06-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Disco,
I feel your pain!!! I created a small tear in my arch liner when I removed it back in March. Now I am ready to put it back on and it was about 8 to 10 inches...ouch. I priced a new one and double ouch. My plan is to thoroughly clean arch and repair damage using Acetone to really clean area of tear, then use a good plastic/rubber bonding agent to weld the tear together and for added strength I plan to use tongue depressors bonded over the tear area, this will help reinforce the weak area. Mine tore at the top of the arch.

On a side note...I think this is the same material the TC scoop is made from, a soft rubbery type compound. I also have ideas about the scoop and why they come off. What happens to your cheeks if you open your mouth on one of those 70+mph roller coasters? They pucker out. I think the scoop puckers downward with the airflow grabbing it and after some many flexes it gone. I am going to JBweld some tongue depressors across the "rubber" section of the scoop to add a little stiffness to it.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

yhats interesting, for me i was heading to a freinds place, and i had the gut feeling to slow down, and this idiot, ( underage) driving a lifted forwards was driving on my side, i slammed the breaks and turned the car the other way, i hit a little hill and completely tore the arch line out, and the plastic piice on the front of the car right under the bottom grille. It not completey damaged, but its notivcible and pices of it got torn out. I got the new arch liner and im amazed at how flimzy it is, i guess the okld one was just toughened up over years of use. The TC scoop is another problem area, there was a guy who had the same probelma nd decided to just make one out steel or some metal, as far as i know, it cost about 5 bucks and is much better then the stock, they also break and strech in the winter ( live in canada) I havent checked mine yet.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, take some aluminum (aircraft grade) and you can quickly fashion that scoop. I left a template in another thread in this forum that includes DIY instructions.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Does anyone know which Jaguar of Cleveland it is? There is one on Brookpark Road and one in Solon.
Thank you