X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why my car start off slow in first evry day but after fine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Why my car start off slow in first evry day but after fine?

hi my x-type for the last few days when i start it first time it takes 2 to 3 seconds to start up but after all day normal,
its not normal. Normally its starts straight away.

I know alot about jaguars but i have never had this problem before now i need help.

1st thing battery: the running battery watt is 14v not running is 12.7v thats ok

fuel pressure: 4.5bar as the jaguar techs state should be for this model
fuel filter is new

injector: just cleaned last month

spark plugs: six months before i cleaned all with brush and remove carbon the spark plugs should be safe

Idle Air Control valve is clean

i have disconnested battery and reconnected it,
this problem has occured in the last 3 days, i usually am doing something to car every other week to see and check everything under the bonet

Can anyone help me with this problem? thanks

Attached Thumbnails Why my car start off slow in first evry day but after fine?-cimg4996.jpg  
Old 07-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im a little confused. your topic is distorted and the first sentence in your post isnt clear. if you mean that once you click your key all the way to start your car it takes a few seconds for it to grab and start your motor then it runs fine all day after you have run it then here is my suggestion.

1) wait a few seconds when you click the key 3 clicks right before you engage the starter. it gives time for all the electrical currents in your car to make connections. then start it and see if it starts right up. if so, then you know your problem... youre in to big of a hurry to get to the titty bar to start your car correctly.

2) it might be cold or hot in your region and that effects starting as well as if it rains, morning dew, garage kept or street parking etc. ya know?... earthly elements.

3) what have you done different recently? you say you work on your car frequently. what have you done recently that might have caused this. Where you park, different gas stations, additives, letting the wife drive, aftermarket parts, etc. try those things first before spending money trying to diagnose something that might be as simple as not putting your car cover on before you go to sleep.