X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type 2004 head lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default X-Type 2004 head lights

Hello to all, I'm new here and from Finland, so my english may not be the best possible...

Ok, to the point.

Me and my wife's X-Type has dirt, or something, grey dots on right side "projector" driving light lens, and the right side light is not as bright as left side. Left side driving light is clear and good. I have measured the voltage from both side, that's ok (if I remember it was something like 12,4V when car was not running). I have changed the bulbs to right and to left side, twice, switched bulbs from right to left and left to right, no help. I have bought +90% More Light -bulbs to driving lights, and that helped quite bit to both sides, but even more to left side.

I've been thinking to remove the whole light assembly to get the projector lens cleaned. I know that I have to remove the bumber to get to the light assembly, but the major thing is, is the light assembly itself dismountable or not? What I mean is, is it possible to remove the "projector" driving light from driving light-high beam -assembly?

Old 12-07-2008, 04:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: X-Type 2004 head lights

Hi!
No, I'm not talking about those lights in lower part af bumber. Here they are also foglights, and in my opinion they are quite good (well, at least now when the right side driving light is not so bright).

I'm talking about the main head lights, not the high beams (the high beams are here the lights which you switch ON when you are driving at dark and nobody isn't coming towards you or there is no car in front of you). I mean those normal driving lights which automatically switch ON when you start your car.

The main head lights here in Finland versions are projector-style lights. Here the Xenon lights have been as standard in most expensive models, and in less-expensive models is normal bulb. In our Jag X-Type is normal bulb, NOT Xenon.

I measured the voltage from the bulb connector at the end of the wire.

And I switched those bulbs just to make sure that I did not get allready broken bulb, and with my luck I installed it to right side [sm=smiley36.gif] The bulbs were quite hard to change, specially to the right side... there was that ABS brake pump and so on, so there was not much room for hand to get the bulb changed, but I have done it four or five time so far, so now it goes quite easily[sm=smiley17.gif] allthough I allways get scratches to my hand...

But if somebody can tell me for sure, is the main-driving-light assembly dismountable or not...? If it is, good, I'll save lot of money, but have to do lot of work. If not dismountable, just order new or used main-driving-light assembly...

Old 12-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts
Default RE: X-Type 2004 head lights

tip: for ya'll that are removing front bumper covers, you dont remove the lower splash panel from the bumper. Only the bolts that go in the wheel arch liners and the lower radiator core support. leave all the leading edge bolts in and remove the whole thing as an assembly, much faster and easier