X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Type Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile X Type Options

When I had my oil changed at the Jaguar dealer, the service rep kindly printed out the equipment my car has. I've placed a ? next to items I don't know what they are. If someone could tell me what these items are and do I would be appreciative.
2003 2.5L
Auto Transmission
Bonnet Leaper ?
auto dim interior mirror
Audio remote ice controls ?
Audio and single slot CD
armrest front
armrest folding rear
XJ style seats
Reverse Park control
Touring suspension
Alloy full size spare wheel
17" x triple ? (triple?)
Auto air conditioning with air filter
twin fog lights
Bix Xenon headlights
Electric Windows rear
security system
electric glass sunroof
leather steering wheel
cupholder (front)
Cruise control non ACC (ACC?)\Drvr=8way pass = manual
Fold down rear seat 70/30
carpet mats
Headlamps with auto leveling
Trim Ivory
Paint Zircon Blue 1927
Part leather trim
Sable Ivory Facia
Oatmeal headlining
Sable carpet
Ivory
Sable seat belts
Birds eye maple
Also listed along with a bunch of other things Power take off ?

As I wrote I just need to know what the equipment with the ? are.
Finally the headlamps with auto leveling. Do they self check when you first turn them on. Mine go up and down quickly. Also, and this has me concerned the right headlamp seems to be lower on the right side then on the left. In the USA the left headlight should be a bit lower and pointed slightly to the right. Opposite of countries that have right hand drive.

Thanks a lot. I also clarified the roll bar bushings. The service told me on the phone the "inner bushings" need replacement.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I may be able to shed some light on a few of these:

Bonnet Leaper - "bonnet" = hood & leaper ornament

Audio remote ice controls - I believe this is referring to auxiliary equipment such as a CD changer and iPod connection in the armrest or the controls on the steering wheel.

17" x triple - wheel called X-TRIPLE 5

Cruise control non ACC (ACC?) - I thought this would have meant non-Automatic Climate Control, but you listed automatic A/C. Also, a cruise control w/o Accelerate wouldn't make sense either.
According to h20boy on another thread, it stands for adaptive cruise control.

Last edited by exrub; 02-18-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Smile Auto Leveling Headlights

Now that I know my car has auto level headlight feature, I think I might have a problem. The left headlight, at times, seems a bit higher then the right. At time it seems OK. Can someone explain how auto level works. I opened the hood and found a white adjusting wheel on both left and right headlamps. But I am not so sure they need adjustment. The benz I had, had a easy headlight adjustment, there was a level on each headlamp and a screws. All you had to do was park on a level surface and turn the screw until the bubble was in the center, headlights adjusted perfectly. On the X I don't dare touch anything until I can determine how this auto level feature works. Thanks as always.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Banned
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

first of all adam, if you drive a british car and dont know what bonnet is

(dare ya to type "car bonnet" into google- or select images from google and then type "bonnet leaper")

... then how about taking up drinking or drugs instead of posting this nonsense.. plus - YOU WERE at the freaking dealer man... ASK them... I mean jeeze.. did you even bother to use the search function here? or google...? or CALL the dealer.. they printed the list!

why do you want US to do the work for you.. ?

sorry - bad day here.. but sheesh.... can you PLEASE try to find the answer some other way first, we are not a bunch of servants...

the auto levelling should cycle the lights down and up every time you turn the ignition on. as you step on the gas, or jam on the brakes they will adjust up and down accordingly. same if you load up the car with 5 people and luggage.

THere is a left-right and an up-down adjuster for each of the left and right lights.
Dont worry about a little bubble in the merc.... that is a gimmick. Look at where the lights are pointing and turn the adjuster to get them aimed correctly...

get this, adjust the left-right adjuster so the healights point straight ahead, argh.. like every other car on the planet.

and since there is only one up-down adjuster per side, (for both high and low beam) you NEVER adjust the Low beam... it is automaticly set relative to the high beam. You put the lights on HIGH beam and adjust the lights to be just below horizontal. (remember light travels in a straight line. so anything above horizontal just goes off to outer space) again - just like every other car on the planet.

Sigh... adam adam adam, what are we going to do with you?

The following users liked this post:
exexpat (02-25-2011)
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

ICE = In Car Entertainment

I don't know how "entertaining" it really is, but that's what they call it.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Ookayyy

WOW.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Whoa Sport, step away from the caffeine man!
Adam, when you fire up the car with lights on do you see the lights go up then down then to a level point? Try it parked in front of your garage door or something where you will have the lights reflected. Mine do a little routine every time I start the car, in Canada the headlights are always on so I don't have to move the switch.
You might have the little plastic gizmo broken which would explain why one is cockeyed.
Audio Ice has me stumped, unless it's the ding when it gets close to freezing outside, the 17" triple is likely just the wheel option, stock I believe depending on option level is 16", PTO is an option that allows something to be hooked onto the car usually hydrolically likea winch or pump or something. I have no idea what it is on our cars.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
Adam, when you fire up the car with lights on do you see the lights go up then down then to a level point? Try it parked in front of your garage door or something where you will have the lights reflected. Mine do a little routine every time I start the car, in Canada the headlights are always on so I don't have to move the switch.
You might have the little plastic gizmo broken which would explain why one is cockeyed.
Audio Ice has me stumped, unless it's the ding when it gets close to freezing outside, the 17" triple is likely just the wheel option, stock I believe depending on option level is 16", PTO is an option that allows something to be hooked onto the car usually hydrolically likea winch or pump or something. I have no idea what it is on our cars.

Sidewalk... look 2 posts up from yours for info on what ICE is.... the audio is just a descriptor of what the remote buttons control for the in car entertainment.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

DAMN Sport - go easy - you need to know that many people are not that savvy and come to the forum for help. I had learn a lot about my vehicle from here - to tell you that when I first got my x-type I didnt know how to turn the fog lights on - Drove it for months not knowing. Then came here and someone mention to pull the light knot towards you and Viola!! from then on I've been learning about this car from here. So, easy on the guys or they will turn away for been spicy. yeah spicy! LOL

Old 02-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Default Hid

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
Yes they do cycle up and down when I turn them on. I have drawn on the garage wall lines for aiming headlights. and a line of the floor for the distance. I did this years ago, as I like my headlights as high as legally possible. But the brightness of HID is remarkable and I probably used the high beams once or twice. Talk about DRL's if my car had this feature I could get a discount on my insurance. You explained to me a while back how to do this at the switch, I am waiting for Spring to attempt. Would changing the relay do the same thing? I did call Jaguar parts and they couldn't give me a yes or no answer. I have not open the headlight enclosure, what is the gizmo?

There is another feature I like but don't have. In the manual it says the doors can be programed to lock, only if you unlock them and don't open a door, they relock after a certain time span. It goes on to say check with your dealer for this mode. I asked the dealer when I was down there for oil and filter and he said I don't think you want this done. I had this feature on my Benz and it is a convenient feature believe it or not. Example, some mornings I would go out and the car was unlocked, I know beyond a doubt I locked the car the night before. But what probably happens I probably hit the unlock button when reaching into my pocket. or when I empty my pockets the fob might be pointed down and it activates. My FOB has a long range I found.
Fellow members please don't rant and rave about the last paragraph it is just something I wanted to point out.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I also requested a print out from my dealer when I took it there to check out my headlights. Found out the actual interior color was sand and not ivory, which was one thing I had been trying to nail down since the door jam sticker isn't there. Also, it said I had the heated seats option which I didn't realize! I had been overlooking the buttons next the the hazards for almost 2 years now. Pretty sweet.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The one reason NOT to have the auto lock is if you leave the keys inside the car and step out for a few minutes...plus the jag fob has a limited range so you won't unlock it from a distance. I believe I have the auto lock and also ALL lock. What that does is if I leave a window open, pressing the fob will close the windows and lock the doors...that's useful since I use the sun roof in summer and often forget to shut it till it's too late

Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM

The Benz I had, had the unlock don't open door, relock doors and also you could lower and raise the windows with the FOB. . It seems that there is a misunderstanding of this feature it only works when you are out of the car and the doors are not opened. So there was no way you could get your keys locked in the car. It also worked on the trunk, I forget what the English call the trunk lid. As long as you didn't open the door or trunk the car would relock. If opened the door the feature would be cancelled. Aluni what year is your X? As I would love to again have the raise and lower window feature it is great in the summer.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine's an 07, the dealer asked me and programmed the key fob when I bought the car. I didn't have to pay extra. Simply said if I wanted the 'all lock' feature...or something like that

Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 AM

As I mentioned is a previous post I asked my dealer to program the lock unlock without opening the door feature. But he said to me you don't want this feature. I think he didn't understand how it worked. He kept on telling me you could lock your keys in the car. Not so once the door is opened within 45 seconds after U unlock it the feature is canceled