XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Unknown icon. What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Unknown icon. What is it?

I could not find this in the manual and I meant to take a picture but it disappeared before I could.

I was driving my XE and I noticed in the center of the dashboard that an icon was displayed. It's just to the right of the speed limit sign and it was a circle with two vehicles in it, side by side. Each vehicle a different color, like white & red or Black & red. I can't recall since it was quick.

Anyone know what it is? I'm thinking of calling my dealer but I have a feeling they'll need to look it up as well. I'm still looking through the manual in hopes finding it but so far I don't see it anywhere. Maybe I overlooked it.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by C-Los
I could not find this in the manual and I meant to take a picture but it disappeared before I could.

I was driving my XE and I noticed in the center of the dashboard that an icon was displayed. It's just to the right of the speed limit sign and it was a circle with two vehicles in it, side by side. Each vehicle a different color, like white & red or Black & red. I can't recall since it was quick.

Anyone know what it is? I'm thinking of calling my dealer but I have a feeling they'll need to look it up as well. I'm still looking through the manual in hopes finding it but so far I don't see it anywhere. Maybe I overlooked it.
What you describe sounds like this :-

I don't know if they are of the same style as in the US, but it is a British/European 'no overtaking' roadside sign. It often shows on my car, below the speed limit sign (my16). I am fairly convinced that it is spurious, as you rarely see the sign at the roadside here, but it doesn't bother me. (Seriously....) If the red car is on the right, it is a British sign, If it is on the left it is a continental European (and maybe US) sign.

Last edited by stever_51; 09-01-2016 at 06:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
C-Los (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stever_51
What you describe sounds like this :-

I don't know if they are of the same style as in the US, but it is a British/European 'no overtaking' roadside sign. It often shows on my car, below the speed limit sign (my16). I am fairly convinced that it is spurious, as you rarely see the sign at the roadside here, but it doesn't bother me. (Seriously....) If the red car is on the right, it is a British sign, If it is on the left it is a continental European (and maybe US) sign.

That's EXACTLY it. There are no "No Passing" signs in my area so I'm not sure what is triggering that. LOL
Thank you for the clarification. It was bothering me that I could not find it in the manual. Now that I know what it is, I'll check the index and see where it's mentioned, if at all.