smartphone connectivity with Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 05:11 AM
Received 4,181 Likes on 3,644 Posts
Default smartphone connectivity with Jaguar

Originally Posted by sklimii
Thanks to Stuart S for great info below:

"Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?"[/I]

Here is THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE: Vehicles - Jaguar Click the link and you can search (1) by model and year or (2) you can enter your VIN.

If this was helpful, please press at the bottom right.

Stuart
[/QUOTE]

The following users liked this post:
Jeff Murray (05-01-2020)
Old 01-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

About the time I post a question, I start finding answers elsewhere on the web. iPhone connectivity has issues with every brand out there. While this website doesn't list too many Jaguar issues (suspect its just a sample size thing) I know we're having similar problems. I'd suggest reading through here if you have connectivity issues. It's possible that a similar problem/solution may exist.

auto connected car news | Why some tricks fix Bluetooth issues from iOS 9.2 update with iPhone 5-5S-6-6S+ and cars

Old 11-26-2016, 12:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See my post regarding new software, I was also having issues with my iPhone amongst other things but when I contacted the dealer they said there was a software update that solved many issues, so far after my car was updated I can say that everything seems to be okay

Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Vichkhan, did the car software update also fix any USB related issues?

I'm having a big problem with USB connectivity with my iPhone 7. It works about half the time, and I can access InControl Apps. The other half, I get a message saying "Connect a compatible device to the USB", which prevents access to Spotify and everything else.

Tearing my hair out- I've tried updating the phone, restarting, timing the USB connection at various points (before/after InControl is loaded, etc), but I haven't been able to figure out what makes it work or not.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newxfdriver
@Vichkhan, did the car software update also fix any USB related issues?

I'm having a big problem with USB connectivity with my iPhone 7. It works about half the time, and I can access InControl Apps. The other half, I get a message saying "Connect a compatible device to the USB", which prevents access to Spotify and everything else.

Tearing my hair out- I've tried updating the phone, restarting, timing the USB connection at various points (before/after InControl is loaded, etc), but I haven't been able to figure out what makes it work or not.
I was having the same issue, but if I use the genuine apple cord it works every time so my other cords are not certified ie they don't have the chip in them. They work maybe one or two time then nada. I am going to try an Amazon certified cable next.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:18 AM

I'm using a genuine Apple cord, so I don't think that's the issue in my case.

It still happens, although I don't know if there are any updates to the car's software or how I'd go about getting them (I presume they'd be added during a routine service?)

Old 03-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have a pixel 2 and a Samsung s9 both connect just fine. - haven't had any issues reconnecting, Wonder if it is an iphone issue.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by newxfdriver
I'm using a genuine Apple cord, so I don't think that's the issue in my case.

It still happens, although I don't know if there are any updates to the car's software or how I'd go about getting them (I presume they'd be added during a routine service?)
same here, tested apple chord that came with the iphone x and another cable i had laying around. had the car less than a week, really hope dealer can get it sorted for me, otherwise next few years of this lease are going to be annoying

The following users liked this post:
grog1958 (04-18-2019)
Old 09-24-2018, 04:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default iPhone iOS 12 Connectivity Problem?

Have 450 miles on new 2018MY F Type I got in August. Everything was working relatively well with my iPhone Bluetooth connection until something went wrong last night and the car is now not playing music off my iPhone library. The only thing that has changed is me downloading the new iOS 12 software for my phone early last week. Things worked for awhile but again went haywire last night.

Anyone experiencing similar problems with the new Apple OS?

Old 09-25-2019, 09:54 AM

Is anyone else having Bluetooth issues with the new IOS 13.0 or 13.1? I'm able to initially connect but it disconnects after 20-30 seconds then attempts to reconnect rendering any phone calls or streaming useless.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:13 AM
jbn
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jer025
Is anyone else having Bluetooth issues with the new IOS 13.0 or 13.1? I'm able to initially connect but it disconnects after 20-30 seconds then attempts to reconnect rendering any phone calls or streaming useless.
Fixed in iOS 13.1.2 - according to the release notes it was recognised as a problem and indeed I can confirm that it solves my problem of Bluetooth having become unusable.

Old 11-02-2019, 03:58 PM

I know this is a long, on-going thread, so I thought I would add my recent experience with the Bluetooth issue. I just got my XFa week ago, and Bluetooth was working fine. The next day, however, it kept dropping. I deleted all other connections on my phone, and on the Jag. Paired them and it worked fine for maybe 5 minutes. I noticed you can toggle phone and media on and off on the Jag, so I turned off phone. It hasn't had an issue since. So if you want to use it mainly for music, just turn off the phone connection and you should be good.

Old 02-03-2020, 04:43 AM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

hi there, iīm new here but i have had also problems with the bt-steering via iphone. iīve connetcted a iphone se and everything was fine. after the update from ios 12.x to 13 it wasnīt possible to search for titles, artists etc. directly via the jag.
the point in the infotainmentsystem was grey not white so you canīt choose it.

so i connected the the iphone 5s from my wife with the 12.x ios and everything worked.
the issue is the ios 13. unfortunately you canīt downgrade the iphone, so i use an "old" 5s only for the jag. the problem itself is apple and the bt-technology, not jaguar.

the advantage is to connect the se only for phone and the 5s only for music. this works very good.