XF (X260) 2015 onwards

TPMS System Failure & Washer problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool TPMS System Failure & Washer problem

2014 Jaguar XF base
Since being in the shop for repairs I have an ongoing TPMS System failure warning every time I start the car. All sensors are good and tire pressures are correct.
I understand there are "antennas" ahead of the front wheel wells where these antennae are located. Is this correct and how do I access them?
Please advise.

The other problem I am having is that the windshield washers are not working but the headlight washers are. For the headlights the washer motor noise is evident but the windshield wipers come on but the pump is not coming on.
Is there a fix for this?

Old 02-05-2024, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,775 Posts

Without checking for codes your just shooting in the dark. Why do you think antennas are the problem? That's why you run codes.
The washer pump would be good to change out. But first is the washer pump getting power when you push the switch?

Easy to DIY. Expensive if you rely on a shop.

Old 02-05-2024, 12:15 PM

The code suggests "lost communication with the module" for TPMS and I read on other posts that there is an antenna near front bumper that should be in place in clip or holder,

For the headlights the washerworks and the motor noise is evident. For the windshield, the wipers come on but the washer motor does not come on.
Are there two pumps?

Old 02-06-2024, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 245 Posts

Have you ever replaced your TPMS transmitters in the tires? The batteries are said to last 5 - 7 years but it's more like 10.

Old 02-06-2024, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Good point from mleskovar! My TPMS stiff died right around 7 years on my 2014 XJR. Batteries are sealed inside the sensors and replacement is the only thing you can do.

If the pump is making noise we have seen junk plugging the screen inside the washer tank. If you remove the drivers side wheel well plastic cover it should be visible. The pump is held in the tank with a rubber flange and just pulls out by working it back and forth. Now since the headlight washers work (Yes they have a separate pump) I would have thought that pump would have been clogged too?

Probably not because as you know the head light washers only squirt after so many windshield washer squirts. So they won't come on until you really hold down the washer switch. The head light washer pumps get very little use because of how it's set up. Without a wiper I still don't see how the head lights are getting cleaned by just squirting water at them?

If the screen is plugged you will need to clean the tank too as it most likely will have additional junk in it. Otherwise you screen will plug up again.
Let us know what you find?

If it's an antenna problem you should have codes for that? It sounds more like a module problem but I think we need more information? Unless the antenna is missing they are solid state and don't fail much if at all? They do sometimes hang down under your car if they get knocked out of their holders?

How old are your TPMS? Have they ever been replaced?

Last edited by clubairth1; 02-06-2024 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:52 PM

Discovered that there are two washer pumps. One for headlights and one for windshield.
The headlight pump works but the windshield pump is only receiving 4.9 volts and needs 12 volts.
I have checked the fuses and relay switches. The correct relay is receiving 12 volts and is not faulty. The windshield pump works when receiving 12volts.
This is a mystery.
Any wisdom on this??

Old 02-15-2024, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member

Yes as I posted above there are separate pumps.

Do you know about fluid traveling up the wire harness from the washer plugs?
If left for too long it will make it to the Fuse box and cause electrical problems there.

Have you checked for this damage? You can do some searches and find pictures of the damage.
But unplug the washer pump and see if you can see any green corrosion?

Old 02-15-2024, 12:23 PM

All Fuses and relays good, and pump works good on 12 volt but wiring is delivering weak voltage at pump.

Suspect a short or faulty wire or who knows.........