XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2012 XF phone voice commands

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 XF phone voice commands

Last weekend, I purchased a 2012 XF and love it. However, I am having trouble figuring out how to use the voice activation to dial a number without having to give the system 5 commands. I've added voice tags to the numbers I dial most, but it doesn't seem to expedite the process. Any suggestions/command sequences that would shorten this process would be greatly appreciated.

One other minor frustration is that in the navigation system, there seem to be inconsistent POI info. I can approach an exit in a rural area, and there will be several POIs listed. I can later approach a major exit with many, many POIs, but none appear on the screen. I see there has been a post this morning concerning uploading of POI info. I'll be anxious to see the responses to it.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oakcircle
Last weekend, I purchased a 2012 XF and love it. However, I am having trouble figuring out how to use the voice activation to dial a number without having to give the system 5 commands. I've added voice tags to the numbers I dial most, but it doesn't seem to expedite the process. Any suggestions/command sequences that would shorten this process would be greatly appreciated.

One other minor frustration is that in the navigation system, there seem to be inconsistent POI info. I can approach an exit in a rural area, and there will be several POIs listed. I can later approach a major exit with many, many POIs, but none appear on the screen. I see there has been a post this morning concerning uploading of POI info. I'll be anxious to see the responses to it.
I have recently also purched an XF and had the same problem with the voice comand and i think that is the only way to use it via going through 5 comands. actually twice i said "Call Bob" and it automatically called that certain number.
But it is still a slow process while using the voice comand to confirm each of your comands. I wish there was a way to shut it off and directly call someone like in my ML550

Old 11-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

For the phone, you don't have to say "phone", just press the button and say "dial voice tag", then "home", then confirm. So it is 3 steps.

You can also press the voice button when or is speaking the "Confirm yes or no" message and say "yes". It eel safe you a few second and you dont have to listen to the whole confirmation message.

For the radio, you can combine the first two steps and say "radio tune frequency", but I don't think you can say "radio tune voice tag" with consistent results. I may have those reversed.

Anyone find any other shortcuts?

Last edited by jjsaustin; 11-04-2012 at 07:02 AM.