XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2013 XF Supercharged 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 XF Supercharged 5.0

Hello everyone,

I used to be a member a while back ago but I ended up losing the login info for that account. Maybe I should ask ex because when we started dating in 2014 she found a post of mine on this site..lol

Anyway, I am looking at possible purchase of a 2013 Jaguar XF supercharged 5.0 with around 60k miles on it. It is an out of state purchase in Arizona. The seller stated he has the vehicle history and is the 2nd owner of the car.

The asking price is $19,400 which I believe is high for the year and model as I saw the KBB at best condition no higher than 14k. The dash has some ripples in it so I know that will be a problem. I really thought that Jaguar would have fixed that issue by now as I know it was an issue in the earlier models. I believe that is not a cheap fix either and will only get worst as time go by. With it being in AZ I guess it is to be expected.

I know that the timing chain can be an issue and water pump and reservoir however, I would like to get more info as to what to look for. I will be hiring a PPI company to do a check on the car so if anyone has a company they have experience with let me know that too.

Thank you in advance for any info given.

​​​​​

​​​​

Old 06-08-2023, 03:59 AM
Received 120 Likes on 100 Posts

JLR hasn’t fixed it. The leather headliner on my 2016 F Type fell. New one was $1200. Dash leather is starting to loosen as well. I talked to a guy that fixes Porsche fabric headliners and he said leather doesn’t belong on dash’s or headliners. The XF dash cap is relatively easy to replace if you cut the center brace. Makes a 5 hour job into a 1/2 hour job. New one is $2200. The good news, I suppose, it’s available.

Old 06-08-2023, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ranger 3bn
Hello everyone,

I used to be a member a while back ago but I ended up losing the login info for that account. Maybe I should ask ex because when we started dating in 2014 she found a post of mine on this site..lol

Anyway, I am looking at possible purchase of a 2013 Jaguar XF supercharged 5.0 with around 60k miles on it. It is an out of state purchase in Arizona. The seller stated he has the vehicle history and is the 2nd owner of the car.

The asking price is $19,400 which I believe is high for the year and model as I saw the KBB at best condition no higher than 14k. The dash has some ripples in it so I know that will be a problem. I really thought that Jaguar would have fixed that issue by now as I know it was an issue in the earlier models. I believe that is not a cheap fix either and will only get worst as time go by. With it being in AZ I guess it is to be expected.

I know that the timing chain can be an issue and water pump and reservoir however, I would like to get more info as to what to look for. I will be hiring a PPI company to do a check on the car so if anyone has a company they have experience with let me know that too.

Thank you in advance for any info given.

​​​​​

​​​​
I will have to check with an upholstery shop band see if their prices are for the fix or installation of a new one. Any other additionally maintenance issues or problem that maybe hiding. The high heat of AZ does make me think that coolant issue like pipes might be an issue.

I am sorry for the year model too it is a 2014 NOT 2013.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:14 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Last Fall, October 2022, I purchased a 2013 XFR (SC) fro $24,500 (Canadian) which is rougly;
- $18,375 US
- 17,150 Euro
- 14,700 Pound
That's today's rates... I'm not how overpriced this is. I'd buy it and handle the dash myself, or settle on some middle ground negotiation for the dashboard work.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rob19321
Last Fall, October 2022, I purchased a 2013 XFR (SC) fro $24,500 (Canadian) which is rougly;
- $18,375 US
- 17,150 Euro
- 14,700 Pound
That's today's rates... I'm not how overpriced this is. I'd buy it and handle the dash myself, or settle on some middle ground negotiation for the dashboard work.
What was the milage of your car when you purchased it? Additionally, did you have the dash issues with your car when you got it?

As it stands right now the KBB has a max price 13k -18K US. As far as the cost for the dash leather issue if I were to go with the new one that cost would be with installation around 6K. I stopped by my local Jaguar dealership that I get my work done for my XJ and that is what I was quoted.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:27 AM

Hi, my Canadian "mileage" was 106,000 kilometers so ROUGHLY 61,000 miles.
No dash issues, it was a near perfect speciment aesthetically.

I'm a 1st time Jag owner, so I would pay over market.

I see you have another so maybe more interested in market and value in the market.
-------------------------

I'm just a newbie on here, so nothing more than my opinions but if everything else is good-to-great, then market and splitting the 6k cost with the seller seems fair.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:35 AM

Hi, my Canadian "mileage" was 106,000 kilometers so ROUGHLY 61,000 miles.
No dash issues, it was a near perfect speciment aesthetically.

I'm a 1st time Jag owner, so I would pay over market.

I see you have another so maybe more interested in market and value in the market.
-------------------------

I'm just a newbie on here, so nothing more than my opinions but if everything else is good-to-great, then market and splitting the 6k cost with the seller seems fair.
He said that once we do the PPI we can talk about the price because he said that there is "some wiggle room" on the price. Since the car is in another state (AZ ) I will have to have a company come out and do the PPI and also ship if we agree on a price.
My hope is the water pump has been replaced and the charge pipe was done as well. Both of those were replaced on my XJL S/C which is a 2012 that has 58k on it. I was thinking of getting a service contact to cover what I believe will go wrong just for peace of mind.

I know that a lot of people here or car people in general are not fans of service contracts however, I am not mechanically inclined to do anything on my cars but put gas in it and take it in when there is an issue...lol.

Have you seen a lot of your car since you got it ?

Old 06-09-2023, 11:53 AM

Hi, with that mileage, I'd say our 2013/V8/SC toys are comparable minus the dash.

61k miles I paid 18,400 (USD)
58k miles you pay 19,400

We are really comparing apples to apples, except for the dash so based on this mini exercise, it seems you'd really want to offer 15,400 or 16,400 as a fair way to handle the dash split-cost-fix (buyer & seller)

This all really coffee-shop level analysis.

-------------
Thanks for asking about ride-time, I purchased in September, delivered October (We had hurricane Fiona that delyed the delivery).
I drove it one month. THRILLED
Stored it for 4 months. (Nova Scotia snowy weather leave salt on the road and I don't want that so it will store for the months that average below 0 / 32f)
Drove it for 2 months now.

Old 06-09-2023, 12:24 PM

Hi, with that mileage, I'd say our 2013/V8/SC toys are comparable minus the dash.

61k miles I paid 18,400 (USD)
58k miles you pay 19,400

We are really comparing apples to apples, except for the dash so based on this mini exercise, it seems you'd really want to offer 15,400 or 16,400 as a fair way to handle the dash split-cost-fix (buyer & seller)

This all really coffee-shop level analysis.

-------------
Thanks for asking about ride-time, I purchased in September, delivered October (We had hurricane Fiona that delyed the delivery).
I drove it one month. THRILLED
Stored it for 4 months. (Nova Scotia snowy weather leave salt on the road and I don't want that so it will store for the months that average below 0 / 32f)
Drove it for 2 months now.

The 58 miles would be on my 2012 XJ not the XF S/C I am looking to buy. That car has 66K and has a KBB of 13-18k max. The max being like new with no issue mechanical or cosmetic.

My thinking is the car true valve is around 15-16K not 19K. Now anything else that is found then it will be closer to 13- 14K depending on how serious the issue is.

Our cars are very similar so your assessment is not that far off. If we are talking about the XF and not my XJL S/C

The following users liked this post:
Rob19321 (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

I wouldn't over fixate on the water pump as even if it has been replaced they typically fail again. Cooling hoses and pipes worth checking - I'd have him do a pressure test of the cooling system. Water pump is relatively cheap and easy to replace. Some of the cooling pipes are a bear

On the dash, leather in continuous baking sun exposure is just a tough combination. Note that on the newer cars like the F Pace if you get the leather on dash it automatically adds the solar attenuating windscreen.

Definitely seems expensive to me. I would push on price for sure.

Old 06-09-2023, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by BritCars
I wouldn't over fixate on the water pump as even if it has been replaced they typically fail again. Cooling hoses and pipes worth checking - I'd have him do a pressure test of the cooling system. Water pump is relatively cheap and easy to replace. Some of the cooling pipes are a bear

On the dash, leather in continuous baking sun exposure is just a tough combination. Note that on the newer cars like the F Pace if you get the leather on dash it automatically adds the solar attenuating windscreen.

Definitely seems expensive to me. I would push on price for sure.
Thank you for the heads up and I will definitely have them a pressure test if there is a way to do so. They will be mobile PPI so not putting up on the rack. I did called one ( PPI) in AZ that stated they would put it up in the air, but they later called back and said that he would not be able do it.

If you know of a good PPI company let me know. I was even wondering if it could be taken over to the dealership and have them look at it. Not sure if the seller would be open to that. I guess I could ask. I would pay for the inspection too.

The car in the photo looks good. It is the Racing Green with the saddle color seat which is not often seen on the market.
For me to feel comfortable I would have to have him down to 13k to 15k max. I still have to get it transported to me which is around 1k and up. Additionally, that dash will have to be taken care of and I hate the idea I would have a car that I have to take into the shop as soon as I get it...lol