XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Anybody have any wiring diagrams or location for amplifier for the audio system....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 01:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the car modules, head unit and amplifier are connected via an optical Can bus. Therefore you cannot tap into the pre amp signal. What I've used is a after market amp just to boost the bass in the rear of the car and the existing system for the treble. Otherwise you will have to get Jaguar to re-program the amp for the higher spec. Its only the software which determines how much power and which speakers are enabled.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Having read through this thread it seems to be relatively easy to add a subwoofer to an XF? Am I correct?

I have an 2008 XF with factory speakers, nothing premium. But I must say it is relatively impressive! I remember spending over 3 500 € on my speaker setup some time back, went all out with Audison Bit One signal processors and what not and so far I haven't seen the point in upgrading something that is already pretty good.

If I were to review it of course I could point out issues like a slightly too warm/muddy sound, not the crispiest high-end and a little distortion when you push it. But it still is good.

Only thing that really lacks is low-end bass. Even mid-bass is relatively impressive in the 2008 stock setup, it really seems like Jag put some decent speakers in there from the factory.

But I still have my 700€ JL sub, 600€ JL amp and 500€ Audison DSP waiting to be installed in a new home.. Should I go for it? Obviously the DSP would be for the sub only at this point for converting the high-voltage signals to low-voltage and making the best out of it, tweaking the sub to my liking. I fringe at the thought of changing all the speakers on the car as I remember the last time I pulled a car completely to bits it took quite a bit longer than I thought to get it back together.

Well however I decide to go I'll definitely make a video out of it and share the process here along with you guys, either in this thread or one of it's own.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:59 AM
Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Yes, it's extremely easy to add a sub.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello...i`m a novice at amp installs... i have the 2008 jag xf with the underwheel sub already installed , its not got enough punch for my liking and i have a JBL amp n sub box that i would like to install........

can someone provide me with a install guide for dummies for doing this please...

I`m hoping to avoid taking all the car to pieces to route wires from the head unit...so is their an easier option for me... i see the four pin connecter to the sub...can they be tapped for use as inputs for my sub and if so which of the wires to i tap? .. power and earth is easy i can manage that... poss remote may be an issue unless someone can recomend an easy one for that also..

thanks in advance

Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

This is a very easy car to install an amp in if you have the factory under-tire sub. See my tutorial here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e-well-105954/

Old 09-25-2017, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
This is a very easy car to install an amp in if you have the factory under-tire sub. See my tutorial here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e-well-105954/

i have the speaker feeds sussed now... and power n earth are easy... my issue is where do i feed the remote feed for the amp to?

i have read the fuse box..but thats as far as it went..i was hoping for a little more info ...so if you can aid with that then that would be cool..

Old 09-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

You tap into the wires feeding the factory wheel well sub for the signal, if I remember correctly. If nobody else chimes in, I'll go have a look at mine to confirm. I'm sure the info is already on either this thread or another thread on this forum, though.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:38 AM

Does anyone know where on the face lift x260 XF I could find the audio amplifier? I have an active sub I wish add like has been done in this thread but the car's amplifier is no longer in the same location as it is shown on the pre face lift version in this thread.
Failing that if anyone has the x260 audio wiring diagram I might be able to tap the rear door speakers for my active sub audio input from the large bundle of wires beneath the boot liner floor.
I have the basic audio system with no subwoofer. Not in rear parcel shelf or in spare wheel, or side panels, in fact the whole of the spare wheel area is taken up with a single 12v car battery, x260 no longer has 2 batteries.

Old 02-09-2020, 02:12 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a XF portfolio with standard speakers. I am planning to do my first SUB install so still a bit nervous and planning on the stuff I need. I saw a video on youtube on the wiring connections. I still need to figure out Access, how to access the amp do I need trim tools to pull down the liner? Im a noob but hoping to being able to accomplish adding the sub to the car myself since it seems pretty easy. Appreciate all the posts, please post videos if possible...easy noob videos are helpful.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:35 AM
Default x260 information

The facelift XF x260 with the standard Jaguar audio system does not have an amplifier or sub in the boot. I believe the system is about 60w and like others have mentioned the rear door speakers are particularity bad.

I've now completed adding a third party sub/amp unit in the boot and fed the audio input from the rear door speakers via the plugs in the door pillars. This has the advantage that you can use the in-control forward/rear fader facility already built into the standard in-control touch screen software to change the volume of the rear speakers and thus the sub.
There is no need to remove the door cards and even if you did you will find the main speaker drivers and tweeters all have black wires.

The audio feeds come from pins 1 and 16 of the centre door pillar sockets which you can get to by removing the internal pillar trim adjacent to the front seat backs. Move the seat fully forward and put the backrest fully forward and remove pillar trim by sitting in the rear seats.

Rear Left Door - main speaker driver (nearside UK)
GRY-BRN pin16 +
GRN-BRN pin1 -

Rear Door Right - main speaker driver (offside / drivers side UK)
Violet-WHT pin 1 +
BU-WHT pin 16 -

Note this is for the facelift model only (x260) with the basic 60w Jaguar audio system.

Hope this helps someone else.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:39 PM

I have installed my subwoofer but unfortunately having some issues. The subwoofer sound level is just way too low - even on maximum gain. I can still feel the bass if I put my hand on the unit meaning that I am getting signal but why is the volume so low?
I have the 2012 Portfolio with the BASE sound system (no subwoofer).

Subwoofer is the Alpine Powered Subwoofer PWE-S8 which has speaker level inputs and built in speaker sensing remote power.

For my vehicle as per the Wiring Diagram first I first installed by connecting to rear Bass signals::

FL_BASS_POS = WHITE
FL BASS NEG = WHITE-BROWN

RL BASS POS = WHITE-GREEN
RL BASS NEG = BROWN-YELLOW

This is what many have done on this forum and done on youtube. The subwoofer gain on maximum I could barely feel the bass but did feel something. After reading my subwoofers specific instructions, it said to connect to Front Left Speaker and Front Right Speakers.
I changed the connection to the following as per the WDM for my speaker setup / vehicle (Left hand Drive).

FL HI POS = GREEN-ORANGE
FL HI NEG = GREY-ORANGE

FR HI POS = VIOLET-ORANGE
FR HI NEG = YELLOW-ORANGE

In this case it feels like the bass was even less than before with volume extremely low and can only hear some of it on maximum gain.

I used T Tap connectors and tried various colours:

Anyone have any idea about why the volume is low? Could it be my ground bolt not good enough? I grounded to one of the bolts on the left side near the tail light which I tested continuity to the Negative terminal of the battery.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:36 PM

Correction to signals below specific to my 2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio Base Speakers (No Subwoofer) LH Drive:
Originally Posted by hen555

For my vehicle as per the Wiring Diagram I first installed by connecting to Rear Bass signals::

FL_BASS_POS = WHITE
FL BASS NEG = WHITE-BROWN

RR BASS POS - BROWN-WHITE
RR BASS NEG - BROWN-BLUE

RL BASS POS = WHITE-GREEN
RL BASS NEG = BROWN-YELLOW
I manage to get the subwoofer bumping. I revisited my ground and used sandpaper to sand down to the shiney metal. Connected back but was still low. I tapped back into the Rear Bass Signals and played around with the car equalizer, Front/Rear settings, and car volume with subwoofer on maximum gain. Note this subwoofer is a powered one with built in amp.
  • Set subwoofer Gain to Maximum.
  • On Car audio settings, I set the Front Rear settings all the way to the back. (This is why I tapped to the Rear Signals)
  • Set equalizer treble to the lowest
  • Set equalizer bass to highest (I might have adjusted this down back to middle)
  • Set volume to almost maximum at level 55 (max is 60 i believe).
  • Set LP Filter on the Subwoofer to desired setting.
  • Then started to bring the Front/Rear settings more forward step by step until satisfied. This increases the volume on the front speakers.
  • Then started adjusting the treble by bringing it up couple steps to desired taste.
Then the subwoofer was bumping and I could clip it. Sounded pretty good for a compact subwoofer. Definitely my car sounds way better than before, much more balanced - I am hearing frequencies I have never heard before in my car! This subwoofer is also meant to be under the seat but I have it in the trunk.
I still have to tune the settings but I was able to get it pretty good.

Personally I don't like how I have the subwoofer on max gain and the car sound system hitting close to max volume - I think this means the car and sub amplifiers are boosting the signal hard. I am not sure but I hope I don't get any overheating.

What I plan to do next is double check my polarities on the signal lines and set proper phase on the subwoofer to 0 phase.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:03 AM

Any news?
Im planning to do subwoofer install any day now. Still waiting for my wire kit to arrive. May I ask what subwoofer do you have?
Should I connect my hi input to rear low range speakers or front low range; maybe even mid range?
I have 2012 fl XF without oem sub (10 speaker system).

Old 08-18-2020, 02:57 PM

Update to my Setup: Going to try Taping into Rear MID Signals and use the LC2i LOC
Hi Kev95 - We have the same car (10 speaker Left Hand Drive - no oem subwoofer). Search on google for the wiring diagram manual "Electrical Wiring Diagrams XF" which should be for the 2012 XF X250 - not sure how long it will be available online so download soon. I will provide the wiring details here anyways.

If you have read my previous posts, this is my first subwoofer install and have run into low subwoofer volume issues even at max Gain. I have read more forum posts and even watched youtube videos to learn more which I will share below:
  • I assume you have a High to low adapter (Line Output Converter) or, a Speaker level input on your Amplifier. If you do not many on this forum and on the internet have recommended Audio Electronics LC2i which is good enough if you plan to just add a subwoofer to existing remaining oem speakers. I have a 8'' Alpine Powered Subwoofer PWE-S8 which is an all in one unit (Amplifier/LineOut/Subwoofer/AudioSensing Built-In Remote Turn On) - this is designed to be an underseat subwoofer and is not that powerful (120W RMS) but should be all that is needed for me while saving space.
    • Although my ​​​PWE-S8 has high level speaker wire inputs I decided to order the LC2i as a line output converter. This unit is relatively expensive but it is powerful and has additional features.
    • The LC2i is more powerful than other LOCs and can amplify the speaker level inputs even louder to make them at a good level entering your amp. This turns Speaker level into RCA and my amp has RCA inputs as well.
    • LC2i has additional feature called accubass which is designed to maintain the linear increasing bass volume as you turn up your head unit volume. Many car manufactures lower bass output at high volumes to protect the speakers (Bass Roll-off). I heard you can even just use accubass as a bass boost as well.
    • I hope that this unit will be able to provide proper level audio input to my PWE-S8 so that I do not have to set my PWE-S8 Gain to MAX. Therefore with this, I should not have to mess soo much with my headunit equalizer and Front-Rear Fade settings which are hurting my audio quality.
    • I will have to test and find out if this works for me.
  • I have read on another Forum Thread that the best signal is Tapping into the Rear Speaker signal. They have a different car (2011 XF with OEM subwoofer) and had tapped into the sub line but had low output. Many people on the forum said its common and asked to get the LC2i but the guy ended up just changing his input to the rear speakers which fixed his issue. Also on youtube from another completely different vehicle they said to use the rear full range signal and not front.
    • I have my setup currently tapped into the Rear Bass signal (Speaker-low range Rear Door). My subwoofer manual says you should tap into a full range stereo signal.
    • There is another signal called Rear MID (Rear Tweeters) but as per the wiring diagram there is no guarantee it is full range. This might be the one we need to use.
    • Therefore I plan to try out another connection to the Rear Tweeters to see if that fixes the volume issue.
    • This may be all that is needed and no need for the LC2i but I have it on order anyways if this doesn't work. People still swear by it.
Rear MID Speaker Wires from Amplifier (Ref. 10-Speaker system (LHD) 2012 X250)

Tweeter-Rear-LH:
RL MID POS = Green-Brown
RL MID NEG = Grey-Brown

Tweeter-Rear-RH:
RR MID POS = Blue-White
RR MID NEG = Violet-White
They should be in twisted pairs.
Kev95 I would recommend trying these Rear Mid speaker lines first and let me know if it works with no issues. If you have issues then try the rear bass signals which I quoted in my previous post.

Last edited by hen555; 08-18-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:20 AM

Update to my Setup: Going to try Taping into Rear MID Signals and use the LC2i LOC
  • I assume you have a High to low adapter (Line Output Converter) or, a Speaker level input on your Amplifier. If you do not many on this forum and on the internet have recommended Audio Electronics LC2i which is good enough if you plan to just add a subwoofer to existing remaining oem speakers.
    • Although my ​​​PWE-S8 has high level speaker wire inputs I decided to order the LC2i as a line output converter. This unit is relatively expensive but it is powerful and has additional features.
    • The LC2i is more powerful than other LOCs and can amplify the speaker level inputs even louder to make them at a good level entering your amp. This turns Speaker level into RCA and my amp has RCA inputs as well.
    • LC2i has additional feature called accubass which is designed to maintain the linear increasing bass volume as you turn up your head unit volume. Many car manufactures lower bass output at high volumes to protect the speakers (Bass Roll-off). I heard you can even just use accubass as a bass boost as well.
    • I hope that this unit will be able to provide proper level audio input to my PWE-S8 so that I do not have to set my PWE-S8 Gain to MAX. Therefore with this, I should not have to mess soo much with my headunit equalizer and Front-Rear Fade settings which are hurting my audio quality.
    • I will have to test and find out if this works for me.
  • I have read on another Forum Thread that the best signal is Tapping into the Rear Speaker signal. They have a different car (2011 XF with OEM subwoofer) and had tapped into the sub line but had low output. Many people on the forum said its common and asked to get the LC2i but the guy ended up just changing his input to the rear speakers which fixed his issue. Also on youtube from another completely different vehicle they said to use the rear full range signal and not front.
    • I have my setup currently tapped into the Rear Bass signal (Speaker-low range Rear Door). My subwoofer manual says you should tap into a full range stereo signal.
    • There is another signal called Rear MID (Rear Tweeters) but as per the wiring diagram there is no guarantee it is full range. This might be the one we need to use.
    • Therefore I plan to try out another connection to the Rear Tweeters to see if that fixes the volume issue.
    • This may be all that is needed and no need for the LC2i but I have it on order anyways if this doesn't work. People still swear by it.

They should be in twisted pairs.
Kev95 I would recommend trying these Rear Mid speaker lines first and let me know if it works with no issues. If you have issues then try the rear bass signals which I quoted in my previous post.
Yes - I have amp with hi input - hoping I'll get good enough signal without having to buy LC2. I'll try hooking my sub and amp and then let you know how it went for me.
As my subwoofer box was custom built so it would fit in the space of spare wheel I'll ask reccomendations from builder too.

Luckily have wiring diagrams - full wiring diagrams (for all sound systems and everything else too) are available on facebook group "Jaguar XF Help & Advice" hope it's okay to write that to this forum?

Old 08-19-2020, 12:29 AM

Thanks for your answer!
I actually have amp with hi-input so hoping i'll get good enough signal from speakers without LC2. Ill let you know how my install went after it's done as I'm still waiting for my cables to arrive.
I'll consult with the guy that built my custom subwoofer box too - maybe he'll be able to share some tips about how to hook up amp.

I added 10 speaker wiring diagram here. Full wiring diagrams are available on XF help and advice facebook group.
If my English is rocky sometimes it's because this is not my first language

Old 08-19-2020, 01:34 PM

Tried to connect to rear low range speakers. Sound is almost non existent. Will try to plug into front low range speakers tomorrow as rear speakers themselves are alot more quiet than fronts.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:31 AM

hen55: Today I connected my hi level input to Front low range speakers - it massively improved subwoofer output. Didn't try MID-s. You could try that too and keep us posted please

For some reason OEM amp gives rear low range speaker ALOT less power so the signal is weak for secondary AMP. Front signal is alot stronger and good enough for the secondary AMP.

EDIT: Subwoofer output is now perfect when signal is from FRONT low range speakers.

Wire colors for FACELIFT 2012 XF base audio (10speaker system without oem sub).
"RIGHT HAND FRONT LOW RANGE SPEAKER"
positive: WHITE
negative: WHITE - BROWN

"LEFT HAND FRONT LOW RANGE SPEAKER"
positive: WHITE - VIOLET
negative: WHITE - ORANGE

Last edited by kev95; 08-21-2020 at 12:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
hen555 (08-21-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 08:03 PM

Kev95: I tried the Tweeter Rear Mid signal that I mentioned in my previous post - they are not good. Got no Audio.
Ended up finally to the FRONT low range speakers just like you mentioned and they were better than the REAR low range.

Therefore I would say this is the best audio signal for the 10 speaker system without oem sub.
"RIGHT HAND FRONT LOW RANGE SPEAKER"
positive: WHITE
negative: WHITE - BROWN

"LEFT HAND FRONT LOW RANGE SPEAKER"
positive: WHITE - VIOLET
negative: WHITE - ORANGE
Although the signal was good, I believe my amp is just too low powered. I connected my LC2i to the system and was able to boost the signal even more to the point where I have my gains on half instead of full on the subwoofer amp.

This gives me more control of the bass on low volume settings but If you do not need the LC2i don't get it as it just will take up more space and more wirings all over the place to clean up etc. If you want the best control of your sub (or if you are hitting max gains) then get the LC2i.

Now my system sounds balanced and really good

Old 09-20-2020, 05:09 AM

Kev95: I tried the Tweeter Rear Mid signal that I mentioned in my previous post - they are not good. Got no Audio.
Ended up finally to the FRONT low range speakers just like you mentioned and they were better than the REAR low range.

Therefore I would say this is the best audio signal for the 10 speaker system without oem sub.

Although the signal was good, I believe my amp is just too low powered. I connected my LC2i to the system and was able to boost the signal even more to the point where I have my gains on half instead of full on the subwoofer amp.

This gives me more control of the bass on low volume settings but If you do not need the LC2i don't get it as it just will take up more space and more wirings all over the place to clean up etc. If you want the best control of your sub (or if you are hitting max gains) then get the LC2i.

Now my system sounds balanced and really good
did you connect Lc2I to your rear or front speakers at last?

Quick Reply: Anybody have any wiring diagrams or location for amplifier for the audio system....