XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

CD Playback and BT Streaming: Titles Not Displayed

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CD Playback and BT Streaming: Titles Not Displayed

Hi all,

I have a 2013 XF 3.0 AWD (US model) with basic infotainment system. This system has the following two annoying issues:

- when playing back a CD (regular factory-made audio CD), the album and title information is not dislpayed. Instead it says "no title" and "track 1", " track 2" etc.

- likewise, when streaming music over bluetooth (from my Android cell phone), the album and title info is not displayed either.

At the same time, playback from an iPod or from a flash drive works fine - all the info is displayed.

At the dealership, we verified this behavior on another vehicle with basic audio system. Then we tried one with the premium "Meridian" system. The CD info was displayed; the bluetooth streaming info still was not displayed.

Does anyone have more information on this problem?

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

I don't think CD's purchased from the store will have the tag info so the system can't display the song name or artist. If you create a CD at home and name all the songs it should display the names. You could pull the songs off your CD, name them, and burn them to a new disk that has the correct tags.

How to tag songs link

BT streaming should display the songs if they are songs on your phone and they have been named. Unfortunately, playing songs through an app like Spotify or Pandora may not display the song title. This will probably depend on the phone as well. I'd say a Iphone might have a higher chance of displaying the info since they seemed to have made the interface a little more Iphone friendly vs. Android.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 04-30-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Blackcoog, thanks for your comment. A quick update:

Got my car back from the dealer. We tested 5 different CD's. The basic audio system consistently does not display album/song info. The HD audio system on a 2012 XF (non-Meridian, I think) displayed info on all 5 CD's correctly. According to the dealer, results on the Meridian system were mixed - some CD's worked, some did not (I did not verify this behavior).

So it must be a firmware bug in the audio. The dealer said they could not do anything. When I asked if they could upgrade my audio to HD (for a fee), they said they could not.

Regarding Bluetooth streaming, I could not make any system (2013 base and 2012 HD) display song info. Maybe it is related to my phone somehow. BTW I use the player that came with the phone which is an HTC One S on T-Mobile. Incidentally, the sound works fine, and skip/repeat controls on the wheel also work over BT.

I am not particularly upset about BT - after all it is possible that the problem is with the phone - but the situation with the CD player is annoying: I would have expected more initiative on the part of Jaguar than just washing their hands of this bug.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

I know my Galaxy S3 displays the song info and album picture in the 2012. It worked in the base and the upgraded BW systems.

As far as some CD's working, maybe older CD's didn't have the tags and the newer ones do? Even if that is the case, who buys CD's still?

Last edited by Blackcoog; 05-01-2013 at 07:20 AM.