XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Driver's door window controls dead - run out of ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Driver's door window controls dead - run out of ideas

Hello All,
I need some help as I have run out of ideas of where to look next so any help would be great.

I have a XF Sportbrake S Portfolio 3.0 Diesel 2014, 37000 miles, which I had for about 2 mouths. About 2 weeks ago I realised I have no window or mirror control or lights on the drivers door control panel. This was working when I first brought it so only just happened. The passengers side window controls work fine on its window so don't think it's a motor issue unless on driver's window.
Have had to change main battery due to it struggling to hold a charge which meant it was disconnected for a few minutes. I hoped it would solve the problem but no luck. I checked what I believe is the correct fuse in boot fuse box number 27 or something like that? Seems all good. Still no response from controls.
So then decided to removed door panel, no obvious pinched wires etc. I removed control from panel from door and seems to have some power in it's plug on the unit but only about 10v. Hard to get reading with such small holes though so can't be sure. Therefore I replaced unit with second hand unit but still have no power.

I now have no idea what to check next so really would appreciate some help before being ripped off at a garage for hours of diagnostics which I can likely do if I know where to look.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Check Fuse F40. The other thing is to make sure all wires are plugged in to the door. I know that I once forgot to put the power cable back into the socket and that disabled all of the controls in the door.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harryf
Check Fuse F40. The other thing is to make sure all wires are plugged in to the door. I know that I once forgot to put the power cable back into the socket and that disabled all of the controls in the door.
Hello Harry,
Thanks for replying.
I had another look at the weekend and tested all the fuses in the dash and boot and all seemed fine, unfortunately. Will try double checking the connections but think I checked all when I had the door panel off.
On further checks it seems that the rear driver side window also doesn't work either on it's door switch, also global opening and shutting on the fob. Really running out of ideas now and hate admitting defeat and taking to a garage ha ha.