XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Excellent Job Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Excellent Job Jaguar

I think my opinion may be a bit biased...but the XF is just a totally awesome car. I can't believe I've grown to like it so much, because initially I thought it was garbage. Boy do I feel like the guy that turned the beatles down...Jackass.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

OK, I've been dying to write this somewhere at some point, so here goes...

I saw a grey XF at my local dealer about a month ago. Very unimpressive from every aspect, for too angular and bulky for my subjective taste. I think the sticker said $51K, the whole experience kept my attention for about90 seconds. I don't really care how nice it is to drive, or what pops where when you fire it up, it's not a car that will ever turn my head or race my heart.

Last week I'm walking out of my favorite Italian restaurant, and there's a big grey bulky new sedan in front of me. I take a quick walk around, and see it's a new Honda. My impression of the asthetics was the same...but I figured that you could buy two of them, and get at least four times the useful life, for about the same money asone XF.

Jaguar hasn't built a really good looking car since the F Type, and they never built that. There are rumors that Tata might, and we can only hope. The Xj8's were still decent until '04, now they just look like bigger versions of the X Types that I drive past, unnoticed.

What did you do when you saw a Pontiac Solstice/ Saturn Skyfor the first time? My eyes followed it until it disappeared from view, wondering "what the hell was that?" all the while. I never got that from an XK, and that's the only contemporaryJag design that even comes close. For this comparison, my guess is you could but three of the headturners to one near-miss XK.

Don't get me wrong, my blood has been pure Jaguar since 1982. I just don't like having it diluted by transfusions of stamped steel technology and injection molded plastic artistry.

Nothing against you guys who love the newer, or newest, models. I hope the XF turns out to be a success for the sake of the marque. Jaguar has never been able to roll out a model that wasn't plagued with birth defects, let's hope yours are more of the XJ40variety (door handles, oil senders, blower motors etc.) than the V8 models enjoyed ( engines and transmissions). Apparently the early sales figures are buoyant: a string of minor or major deficiencies will pop the bubble, and fast. And I'd hate to see Jaguar disappearing from view, even if it's the chunk of booty hanging on an XF.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

jagtechohio.. what city in ohio are you in?

Old 04-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

I smell a lynching for dissing the XF...lol

Old 04-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

when i saw the pontiac sky i hade to go poo.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:23 PM

ould have done without knowing that mate....LOL

Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well.... been to the dealer quite a bit lately for parts. S-type needed a big service. The girl at the front gushes over the XF. She's "movie quality". If the hot gils like it I like it. Kidding aside. The car from the grill back is aston/stunning/sexy.

From every angly I look at the roof line, the skirt, the door pillars. All masterful. The front fender/wing vents are tremendous. So muted yet aggressive. The lights are pretty in a time of seriously ugly headlights. Subaru sets teh benchmark there as well know. Seen any tail lights these days? Chromed and about the size of a small latin america country. Not on the XF.

The grill spoils it though. The car as a whole is amazing. I love the 70's caddy/jag retro interior. The grill. I know there is some pedestrian safe nose legislation out there. I know it has to be serviceable and areodynamic etc. But give it a bit more angle like an aston nose or maserati at that. I'd love to see an aftermarket grill insert that protruded a bit forward on the top. Just something a bit subtle to toughen the nose up.

Yum.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So here's my 2 cents..... I love my XF S/C. I've waited, looked, and test drove for 2 years before I made the decision to buy the XF (good timing on XF's part!). I hated the hood (bonnet) in the pictures - in fact I thought it looked a bit like a sub $20K car. But in person that changed. It is a head turner, in fact I feel funny at times because every time I look to either side someone's looking at the car (I'd like to think it was me). Yesterday, I was at the gas station filling up and actually had a guy (driving a really nice Escalade) pull up and ask if he could take some pictures of the car. I think Jag did what the W Hotel did for the hotel industry - made it hip, sexy and contemporary. What I like is Jags have (In my opinion) a rare feel to them - you just don't see that many. If I had a penny for every BMW or Mercedes that I saw on a daily basis, I wouldn't have to work. Just about any car will have some knit-picking, but everyone can't be pleased at the same time. Jag is not for everyone and that's the great thing about having the freedom of choice.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:20 PM

LOL.....I see alot of them. And they still appeal to me everytime I see them.