XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF BOOT

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XF BOOT

Hi Guys, This morning I have noticed an issue with my XF 08 Jag.

The boot will not open. I have tried so many methods to try and get it to open but it just will not open. I have also tried the manual key putting it into the slot but still nothing.

Now, When you press the boot button, you do hear like a buzz noise and you also see on the dash "boot open" but that then soon goes when you take your finger off.

Please someone shine a light here because I don't know what has caused this or how to get this to open
Thankyou!

Old 07-25-2021, 04:44 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Liam C
Hi Guys, This morning I have noticed an issue with my XF 08 Jag.

The boot will not open. I have tried so many methods to try and get it to open but it just will not open. I have also tried the manual key putting it into the slot but still nothing.

Now, When you press the boot button, you do hear like a buzz noise and you also see on the dash "boot open" but that then soon goes when you take your finger off.

Please someone shine a light here because I don't know what has caused this or how to get this to open
Thankyou!
It's odd that you can't open it with the key, the electronic latch release sometimes fails, but you can always open it with the key since that is mechanical. Does the key turn at all?

The lock can be very stiff because its never used. I had to blast a bit of WD40 into mine to get free it up since it hasn't been used in a decade. You have to make sure the key is the keyway properly, it's actually quite fiddly to get it in the right place with the small shank of the key.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fivel
It's odd that you can't open it with the key, the electronic latch release sometimes fails, but you can always open it with the key since that is mechanical. Does the key turn at all?

The lock can be very stiff because its never used. I had to blast a bit of WD40 into mine to get free it up since it hasn't been used in a decade. You have to make sure the key is the keyway properly, it's actually quite fiddly to get it in the right place with the small shank of the key.

Just an update, I've managed to get into the boot with my manual key!

However boot wont open with fob or car boot button.

Is this the loom that needs replacing or something else?
I have run my IcarSoft and it comes up with this error:
Error: B113E
External Luggage Compartment Release Switch

Old 07-27-2021, 07:42 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

The 2 likely faults that can cause this are either
  • the wiring loom in the trunk hinge has broken and the release signal isn't getting to the latch
  • the latch is broken

Both are common faults on a car this age.

Unplug the connector to the latch and see if you can see a release signal at the latch (I think it's pin 1, but check the wiring manual). If there's no signal its probably the trunk lid harness in the hinge. If there is 'open' signal received then the latch motor is probably bust.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:11 AM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

You could check the loom and almost guaranteed to have a cut/broken wire. Either repair the wire or IMO replace the jumper harness.