XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Just Ordered an XF Supercharged too!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Ordered an XF Supercharged too!

I never thought I would own a Jaguar. I always liked them but since I’m 6’2” and the lack of headroom in the XJs was always an issue.

I was looking for a new car to replace my 2000 Lexus GS 400 with 220,000 miles on it. I looked at the STS, CTS, BMW 5 & 7, and the Lexus LS and GS.

I was pretty close to purchasing the STS and just happened to drive by a Jag dealer and saw the new XF. I really liked the looks both inside and out.

Since the dealer was closed at the time, I test drove a Premium Luxury a week later, then the following week I test drove another Premium Luxury again plus the Supercharged XF.

All I can say is that the supercharged car was a complete blast to drive. It is definitely a bit stiffer ride than the premium luxury car with a little more tire noise, but still a good balance between ride and handling.

I ordered the S/C XF in Indigo Blue with Charcoal on Charcoal interior. I also added the Adaptive Cruise Control since I do 90% highway miles.
Since I had to order that color combo from the factory, I t should be here around early October. Can’t wait.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:02 AM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Just Ordered an XF Supercharged too!

Congrats..I envy you

Old 08-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought I would never own a Jaguar either but I have been enjoying my Black XF supercharged with spice interior for about a week now and am absolutely thrilled with it.

It replaces my '06 Infiniti M45 which was totally trouble free I hope the Jag holds up as well as it did. I actually left a deposit on an '09 Cadillac CTS-V about 11 Months ago and have been waiting ever since for it to be released which I hoped would be around Sept. which would have worked perfect since my lease was up in Aug, but it looks like it wont be released until Dec now, so I got the Jag instead and so far I dont regret it at all the looks of the car Blow away the Cadillac IMO and it drives great,although the cadillac is a Monster in the performance Dept.

I have added the chrome Power vents and the rear spoiler and am going to add the ceramic window tints soon, as it gets pretty hot here in south Florida especially with a black car.

By the way does anyone know if you can leave the i-pod connected all the time because the display stays on all the time even with the ignition off. I was wondering if this would be an issue with the battery running down.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:45 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Although the iPod ain't much of a drain..it will however eventually drain the car's battery if you leave it too long hooked up, without running the car..

Old 08-12-2008, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: MIAXFSC

I thought I would never own a Jaguar either but I have been enjoying my Black XF supercharged with spice interior for about a week now and am absolutely thrilled with it.

It replaces my '06 Infiniti M45 which was totally trouble free I hope the Jag holds up as well as it did. I actually left a deposit on an '09 Cadillac CTS-V about 11 Months ago and have been waiting ever since for it to be released which I hoped would be around Sept. which would have worked perfect since my lease was up in Aug, but it looks like it wont be released until Dec now, so I got the Jag instead and so far I dont regret it at all the looks of the car Blow away the Cadillac IMO and it drives great,although the cadillac is a Monster in the performance Dept.

I have added the chrome Power vents and the rear spoiler and am going to add the ceramic window tints soon, as it gets pretty hot here in south Florida especially with a black car.

By the way does anyone know if you can leave the i-pod connected all the time because the display stays on all the time even with the ignition off. I was wondering if this would be an issue with the battery running down.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your car. Please post a pic of the spoiler if you can. I'd like to see how that looks.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:23 PM

Thanks jkviper

Here is a picture of the chrome power vents installed, I haven't taken a picture of the rear spoiler yet but will do so and post it soon.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC00961.jpg

(Also thanks for the info on the i-pod Dennis)

Old 08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that car is HOT!!![sm=badbadbad.gif] I'm so jealous! The XF Rocks!!!!![sm=hail.gif]

Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 PM

... I dont regret it at all the looks of the car Blow away the Cadillac IMO and it drives great,although the cadillac is a Monster in the performance Dept.
I thought the XFR has 500 hp?????

Old 08-13-2008, 04:12 PM

Those chrome vents look great.

You may want to check this link out. Really nice pics of chrome XF wheels. I think the Volans chromed look great. Especially on a dark colored car.

http://www.calchrome.com/wheels_jaguar_xf.php

I checked it out, theypriced $1300 to chrome and clear coat the rims plus shipping.

That is some serious bling!!

Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 PM

The chromed Volans wheels look great I saw them on a white XF supercharged at the dealer when I got mine, but almost fainted when I saw the dealer wanted an extra $6500.00 for them, Though at $1300 I think its pretty reasonable thanks for the info I will definitely look into it.

Here are the pictures of the rear spoiler installed.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC00972.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC00974.jpg

Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: MidGaSTR

... I dont regret it at all the looks of the car Blow away the Cadillac IMO and it drives great, although the cadillac is a Monster in the performance Dept.
I thought the XFR has 500 hp?????
The XFR should also be awesome from what I have read. Though I was comparing the CTS-V 556 hp and 550 lbft of torque to the XF supercharged 420 hp since both cars will cost about the same, I Imagine that the XFR will cost around 80K (and if I could afford it I would buy it in a heartbeat).