2015XJL Service maintenance Covered? - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - Onwards

2015XJL Service maintenance Covered?

Old 01-13-2018, 06:19 PM

Default 2015XJL Service/Maintenance Cost Covered?

My 2015 XJL 5.0 which I bought CPOed is coming up 20k miles and needs servicing. I know the newer cars have elite care coverage with maintenances already covered. Does that include the model year 2015 or do I need to pay out of pocket . Also Iím thinking of taking it to local Indy who will likely charge about 150- 200. Was wondering how much such service would cost at jaguar dealership. Thanks in advance for the response
Old 01-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member

Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,029 Posts

Call your dealer and ask if routine maintenance is covered. If it is not, ask what the maintenance covers and the cost. Then call your indy for a price for the identical services and parts. Make sure the engine oil is identical, not merely the same viscosity.

Because I plan to keep my XJ for several years after the CPO warranty expires, I have it serviced by my Jaguar dealer. To me, it's worth the incremental cost over an indy because I know that it has the proper engine oil (which is critical and not readily available elsewhere) and my car is thoroughly inspected by a technician who is experienced, knowledgeable, and current with all the TSB updates for my XJ. During my first maintenance visit they found a slight leak from my water pump before it became a problem and replaced it under warranty. I know of no indy shops in my area that specialize only in Jaguar/Land Rover vehicles; they all work on other European (and Asian) brands. That dealer service history should be helpful when I bring it in for a final inspection before my CPO warranty expires.

If you don't plan to keep your XJ for more than another year, then I have no problem with your spending as little as possible on maintenance. Your car, your money, your choice.

Last edited by Stuart S; 01-13-2018 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added first paragraph.