XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

After market wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market wheels

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the car fitted with winter wheels/tires, but don't want to spend the money on OEM rims if I don't have to.

What after market wheels have you bought that fit the car (with detailed size and specs, please) ??

BTW, I took the car to the tirerack headquarters in South Bend, IN. They used my XJL supercharged to take measurements for their database and website. They don't have ANY wheel options for the car since the brakes are too big. I've called discount tire but they gave me very limited options, none of which are attractive.

TIA for your help.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My dealer wanted about $6k for a winter set with OEM wheels, Blizzak LM-60 tires and TPMS, which I thought was too much. They tried a number of aftermarket wheels and finally found a set of BBS rims that fit. Unfortunately, nothing smaller than 19" fit over the brake calipers, which also limited my tire options. But in the end, I got an excellent winter set and saved just over $2k.

The rims are model CH and are 9.5" wide. I do not know the offset but they appear to be the same as the stock front wheel. I also contacted both Tire Rack and Discount Tire and they had nothing for this vehicle. I think there are probably more rims that will fit this vehicle, and I think we'll see more winter options next fall/winter.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

MOZ makes a handful of rims that will fit on the car. MOZ Riviera in white spokes, with a black inner lip and a white, highlighted outer lip looks AMAZING on a white car. They had them on an XK at the dealership which had me wanting a set pretty bad. I'm just waiting to see if they fix all my issues before I spend another cent on the car.

MOZ rims aren't cheap though - $4500 for rims/tires and those aren't snow tires if you live in the North.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Here is another option: I am driving my old conversion van with new winter tires. The Jaguar will never drive very well on snow, even with winter tires. And if you look what a set of tires cost, you may get yourself a cheap old beater car and even put new tires on it. Friend of mine is doing the same. Don't want to ruin the Jaguar in the snow. And also, yes we have snow days in our area. But if you count the days with actual snow on the road surface, you'll see, its only very few. And I don't like the picture of all the salt on that beautyful car anyways.
I must say though, the heated steering wheel and seat warmers work beautyfully in the cold weather.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by gears
Here is another option: I am driving my old conversion van with new winter tires. The Jaguar will never drive very well on snow, even with winter tires. And if you look what a set of tires cost, you may get yourself a cheap old beater car and even put new tires on it. Friend of mine is doing the same. Don't want to ruin the Jaguar in the snow. And also, yes we have snow days in our area. But if you count the days with actual snow on the road surface, you'll see, its only very few. And I don't like the picture of all the salt on that beautyful car anyways.
I must say though, the heated steering wheel and seat warmers work beautyfully in the cold weather.
Yeah - I thought about that, but I'm being selfish. I've got the car on a 3 year lease, so I'm not particularly worried about salt and the elements. On really bad days, I can steal my wife's Range Rover. As it is, I won't be driving the Jag much in the summer since I'll mostly be driving the sports car. That said, I want to enjoy that Jag every other opportunity I get

Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by New2Jag
MOZ makes a handful of rims that will fit on the car. MOZ Riviera in white spokes, with a black inner lip and a white, highlighted outer lip looks AMAZING on a white car. They had them on an XK at the dealership which had me wanting a set pretty bad. I'm just waiting to see if they fix all my issues before I spend another cent on the car.

MOZ rims aren't cheap though - $4500 for rims/tires and those aren't snow tires if you live in the North.

That sounds pretty awesome. Do you have more details on that particular model?? I was able to pull up various Riviera models but not the white ones.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Barmats
My dealer wanted about $6k for a winter set with OEM wheels, Blizzak LM-60 tires and TPMS, which I thought was too much. They tried a number of aftermarket wheels and finally found a set of BBS rims that fit. Unfortunately, nothing smaller than 19" fit over the brake calipers, which also limited my tire options. But in the end, I got an excellent winter set and saved just over $2k.

The rims are model CH and are 9.5" wide. I do not know the offset but they appear to be the same as the stock front wheel. I also contacted both Tire Rack and Discount Tire and they had nothing for this vehicle. I think there are probably more rims that will fit this vehicle, and I think we'll see more winter options next fall/winter.
I spoke with tirerack about this BBS option. They need a 3 digit model number (i.e CH-XXX). Do you know that that would be for the wheels you got?? BTW, do you have any pics you can post of your Jag with these wheels?? That would be great . . .

Old 01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cpuranik
I spoke with tirerack about this BBS option. They need a 3 digit model number (i.e CH-XXX). Do you know that that would be for the wheels you got?? BTW, do you have any pics you can post of your Jag with these wheels?? That would be great . . .
I will ask my dealer again if they have this info - when I initially asked, they did not know the model of the rim, or the offset, which was what I really wanted. I will try someone else there. As for pics, I do not currently have any but will try to take some soon and post them. It's been too cold here over the past week to wash the car, and it is pretty dirty. As soon as I can get a good pic, I will post it here.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cpuranik
Yeah - I thought about that, but I'm being selfish. I've got the car on a 3 year lease, so I'm not particularly worried about salt and the elements. On really bad days, I can steal my wife's Range Rover. As it is, I won't be driving the Jag much in the summer since I'll mostly be driving the sports car. That said, I want to enjoy that Jag every other opportunity I get
Good Point. I got it on a 3 year lease, too. But I may buy it out. I do that sometimes. But your are right. I won't drive it in the sommer much either. (Driving the XK). And I do miss driving it. I got to re-think this I guess.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys i know im pretty new to the Forums

I bought the first XJ-L landed in edmonton in 2010 and since then have been modding the exterior

I bought it in november so we had snow. And honestly keep your stocks on and get yourself a set of 20inch winter tires. If you have more questions the thread maker shoot me an email SKFORZA780@gmail.com