XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Finally finished personalizing my XJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome Work!

I'm looking for that video in motion module, door sill illumination, and the instructions for the light hack in the front. Can you assist me?

Old 12-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 512 Likes on 413 Posts

Here is the DLR hack and no I have not chosen to do it.

Attached Files
Old 12-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey I just recently bought my XJ and I'm in the DFW area. I would love to meet up and grab a coffee/beer and see these mods in person. Im just getting my feet wet but really want to consider all when it comes to this car.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:23 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMadeXJ
Hey I just recently bought my XJ and I'm in the DFW area. I would love to meet up and grab a coffee/beer and see these mods in person. Im just getting my feet wet but really want to consider all when it comes to this car.
Sounds good, send me a message a few days in advance, and I'm sure I can make it happen!

Old 12-04-2015, 02:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,792 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMadeXJ
Hey I just recently bought my XJ and I'm in the DFW area.......
Welcome to the forum JagMadeXJ,

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 12-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Banned
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

hi h20boy just seen pics of your mods, car looks great

The following users liked this post:
H20boy (02-08-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
H2Oboy,

Oh boy, (pun intended), you ride is loookin' goood! You're right - no other color comes close to black when it's freshly detailed and looks like a mirror! You've done a lot of mods, but there are a few others that you might want to consider:

Pedal covers (under $30 on eBay): https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...covers-130871/

A Leaper logo for your shifter (under $6): https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...r-%246-131083/

Quad exhaust tips ($425 PM me if interested, 1 set left): https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ips-xj-151318/

Leaper on Hood (mixed opinions): https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...arrived-61867/

As XJsss mentioned, I think I was the first to paint my front emblem red - cost $1.79:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-badge-133132/

If this was helpful, please press at the bottom right.

Stuart
I have similar car: 2012 XJL Supersport, Ebony with London Tan interior. I have done, or in the process of doing, all the updates listed and some. I have the "Leaper" for the hood, but keep going back and forth on installing.

Other additions:
- Shark Fin Antenna on hood
- Logo Projection door puddle lights (Leaper and Jaguar lettering)
- Jaguar foot pedals (only needed the dead pedal)
- OEM splash/mud guards
- License Plate Frame
- Jaguar Tire Valve Stem Caps
- Side Mirrors chrome ring covers
- 5.0 Chrome Lettering
- Black and Chrome "Supercharge" badge
- Floor Trunk Net
- Jaguar/Leaper caliper covers
- Rear Spoiler
- Headlights and Tail lights Chrome Finishers
- Angled Rear Footrests

All this before getting the car registered! $$

The following 2 users liked this post by gagman66:
Charlie Mac (08-01-2020), Ken Dreger (07-23-2021)
Old 11-10-2016, 11:47 AM

Looks awesome, great job!

Is there any info on the illuminated sills?

Old 11-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by abs777
Looks awesome, great job!

Is there any info on the illuminated sills?
What info are you looking for, sir?

Old 11-16-2016, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by H20boy
What info are you looking for, sir?

Where did you buy and is there any special modifications for installation?

Thanks again!

Old 11-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Veteran member

Well, I'll answer the easy question first. There is not special modifications to swap out these illuminated tread plates with the standard ones. The old ones are only secured with plastic fasteners, and pop off. There is a small electrical connector already pre-wired under the old ones that are used to power the lighted sills. Easy to do, very.

As for where to get them, I purchased mine on ebay, new. There are still a few on there now, but prices seem to keep going up on these things. You can also order online through a dealer like JPLV, https://www.jaguarmerriamparts.com/Jaguar/ or Potamkin.

I usually compare prices before I buy, sometimes one source is better than the others.

Ken Dreger (07-23-2021)
Old 01-06-2017, 12:26 AM
Default Nice job!

Originally Posted by H20boy
I wanted to share this with y'all! I've barely driven her in the 3 months that I've owned her. That's because it spent one of those months getting the rear bumper replaced and the front bumper and hood re-painted. Too much paint damage for my OCD mind to accept, so I had to fix it.

A little before going to the body shop, and a few weeks after returning, I managed to do some other minor modifications that suited my personal tastes. Here's the list... with pics!

1. Video in motion module installed.

2. Illuminated door sills (front only)

3. Signature light hack, using the detailed instructions provided in the forum

3. Red grille badge

4. Rear boot spoiler (Mina Gallery) - after purchasing this, the body shop had to do a lot of prep to the fiberglass piece as it wasn't consistent thickness and didn't sit flush to the boot lid. In retrospect, I would have rather bought the OEM spoiler for $100 more.

5. LLumar Air 80 tint all around - why, you ask? Here in Texas, I wanted the benefit of the heat reduction allowed into the cabin without losing ANY visibility ... i.e., no light reduction. This film produces a very small tint change, but its barely noticable. In fact, if you look at the pics, you would never guess it has any tint on it at all. I must say, however, it was pricey, but it really really works on blocking the brutal sun and its heat.

6. Jaguar accessory rotary knob with leather topper

7. Steering wheel swap. I don't know if anyone else who owns an oyster colored steering wheel, but my wheel was CLEARLY showing the wiring for the heated feature. I was going to have the wheel re-furbished with new leather, and in the meantime, I purchased a black wheel on ebay for $90 as an interim wheel and allow me to drive it during the repair. Well, after installing the black, I found I ACTUALLY like the contrast, so I'm keeping this wheel on permanently!

Old wheel -

The black wheel installed-

8. Red wheel caps, spacers from Motorsports Tech (26mm rear) and jaguar's Selena wheels, with new Hancook Ventus Evo 2 tires. The front Selena wheels from the XF/XK are the same 49mm offset as the XJ. The rear however, were 66mm vs the XJ's 46mm. As such, I needed at least a 20mm spacer, and I chose the extra 6mm to compensate for the extra 0.25 in the loss in wheel width. Also, I didn't like the way the 9in and 10in OEM aluetian wheels 'pushed' the bead of the tires outward. Anyone else notice this?

9. Ceramic brake pads front and rear to control the brake dust. Akebono Euro for the rear, Centric on the front. I also needed new rotors on the rear as the wear showed a huge lip on the outside edge. As such, I purchased R1 Concept rotors to install. See the pic above.

10. I painted front calipers and brackets gloss black; rear brackets I only painted the brackets as I liked the contrast with the silver caliper.

11. The old floor mats, though cleaned a million times to try to 'freshen' them up, were letting the interior down. I purchased new OEM floor mats from the UK, of all places, for about $100. The nterior looks like new, now.

Here are the exterior photos. I'm really pleased with the new ebony paint on the front and the rear. I haven't had a black vehicle in over 20 years. Yes, it gets dirty really easily...but it looks really slick when freshly detailed.

Oh, and this car looks sooooooo much better w/o a front license plate!

where did you buy your Illuminated door sills?

Old 01-06-2017, 12:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts

DJPHILLY. try reading the post above your question . in post 31.

H20BOY real nice car man . the additions are superb . and tasteful .

Last edited by Datsports; 01-06-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:51 PM

Great Work! Great looking car!

Old 01-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Great Project!

Old 05-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great feature, I

fitted a spoiler, red growlers front and wheel centre caps, also painted the calipers gunmetal with red leaper and jaguar lettering.

Will look at the headlight hack and do that too.

Thanks

Light Gunmetal wheels

Dark gunmetal calipers with logos, better than the rusty look.

Last edited by Bali; 05-22-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling and add photos
cgaechief (05-05-2021)
Old 04-27-2018, 08:27 AM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Love the floor mats...

where can I get these floor mats?

Old 04-28-2018, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by TBoneous
where can I get these floor mats?
Your best bet is the parts department of your local Jaguar dealership; they are OEM.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Default Just curious...

You still have your WDS, IDS or SDD diagnostic kit? Wanna lower my xjr but nobody around me seem to have it. I'll reimburse ya. Lmk thanks

Old 08-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by XjRichard
You still have your WDS, IDS or SDD diagnostic kit? Wanna lower my xjr but nobody around me seem to have it. I'll reimburse ya. Lmk thanks
Is this really a thing? I know this isnt really the topic of this thread, but if this is something the dealer or an independent can do, i am interested!

Quick Reply: Finally finished personalizing my XJ